Join TSR now and get all your revision questions answeredSign up now

ReputationRep:
    I really hope the grade boundaries are LOW!!! approx- 38/39 for an A*

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by qudsia)
    I really hope the grade boundaries are LOW!!! approx- 38/39 for an A*
    What about the rest of the grade boundaries? How many marks do you think for an A, B or C? It would be good if the grade boundaries were low but there were some easy questions. Although, the last question was hard about the plant plankton!

Btw which box did you pick for the very last question about the pyramid of Biomass? I put box 1 but I have doubts now as it is currently disputable whether it was box 1 or 3.

ReputationRep:
    is that for sure? how do you know?

ReputationRep:
    did anyone else find this much much harder than the past papers on the AQA website?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ktk15)
    did anyone else find this much much harder than the past papers on the AQA website?
    Undoubtedly, I was baffled for a bit.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by y.arora)
    Undoubtedly, I was baffled for a bit.
    I hope C1 and P1 aren't that hard, otherwise I am doomed!

ReputationRep:
    Also, if you get C's in all the exams but an A in your ISA what sort of grade would you expect to get?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ktk15)
    In my experience, chem and phys are generally much easier It's basically because biology usually have a lot of application questions which many people find difficult.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by king_revision)
    In my experience, chem and phys are generally much easier It's basically because biology usually have a lot of application questions which many people find difficult.
    I find chemistry really hard to get my head around though! I started revising a while ago but the things I revised don't seem hugely important and don't seem to come up in the past papers often! What are the main topics you suggest I should revise?!

ReputationRep:
    I found the questions in the paper to be ok. I did it as a retake tho, and I had a better feeling about this paper than the one I did in Year 10. So finger crossed...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ktk15)
    I find chemistry really hard to get my head around though! I started revising a while ago but the things I revised don't seem hugely important and don't seem to come up in the past papers often! What are the main topics you suggest I should revise?!
    Generally, they bring up crude oil stuff, almost always is a balancing question, limestone etc. But don't be fooled by thinking the small topics won't come up - I did that for my mock. Usually the very small things can come up as many small questions that make up a large sum of the paper.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ktk15)
    Exactly...good luck

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ktk15)
    Also, if you get C's in all the exams but an A in your ISA what sort of grade would you expect to get?
    If they're a high C, for all of them, then a B seems appropriate. In my situation, I know I'll get a B for Biology, and probably medium B's for Chem/Phy, but I got a really high A* for my ISA, hence can comfortably get an A. I am sure you get one overall grade.

ReputationRep:
    my teacher says that you would need to get at least 25 marks to get a C grade for each exam paper... this is for the higher tier only

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by atticusstar)
    my teacher says that you would need to get at least 25 marks to get a C grade for each exam paper... this is for the higher tier only
    I think it will be a bit lower like around 20
    (Original post by king_revision)
    Generally, they bring up crude oil stuff, almost always is a balancing question, limestone etc. But don't be fooled by thinking the small topics won't come up - I did that for my mock. Usually the very small things can come up as many small questions that make up a large sum of the paper.
    like the cytoplasm and membrane thing:rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    can someone please make a chemistry thread? In fact I'm going to make one!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TherHig)
    like the cytoplasm and membrane thing:rolleyes:
    Well, I got that right because i did unit 2, but yeah same principal

ReputationRep:
    Just got my result back for some reason dont know why..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jambon66)
    What about the rest of the grade boundaries? How many marks do you think for an A, B or C? It would be good if the grade boundaries were low but there were some easy questions. Although, the last question was hard about the plant plankton!

Btw which box did you pick for the very last question about the pyramid of Biomass? I put box 1 but I have doubts now as it is currently disputable whether it was box 1 or 3.
    I picked the first one and when I got out the exam I found out that that was the one you?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ktk15)
    NO! that was THE easiest paper I have ever sat, a lot more easier than the past papers and mocks I've done!

Poll
Should MenACWY vaccination be compulsory at uni?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.