(Original post by ExamNerd123)
    Hint Hint;
    Candidates should use their skills, knowledge
    and understanding to:
    ■ interpret information about cloning techniques
    and genetic engineering techniques
    ■ make informed judgements about the economic, social
    and ethical issues concerning cloning and genetic
    engineering, including genetically modified (GM) crops.
    Economic:Costs alot (the process). Produces a large yield.
    Social:More food for people (less hunger). People prefer organic sourced food not GM.
    Ethical: Altering gods creations, affecting biodiversirty that God created.
    LIKELY TO Be 6 Marker 2marks for each except last Q and 1 mark for spelling.

How do you know?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Captain Anonymous)
    TSRarians, we have 1 day to go before our exam! Best of luck to everyone today, make the day count!

I for one am going mad on B1 revision today :L

I'm watching TV.... LOL

Are you a resitter?

ReputationRep:
    from the pattern you can see these topics are deffo going to coms up:
    vaccinations
    carbon cycle

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by zintanax)
    I'm watching TV.... LOL

Are you a resitter?

yeh am resitting this b1 exam- if you want the jan paper i attached it on my last post and best of luck watching your tv.

ReputationRep:
    Oddly I find B1 the hardest section out of the 3...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ahsan_ijaz)
    yeh am resitting this b1 exam- if you want the jan paper i attached it on my last post and best of luck watching your tv.
    It's okay thank you, I have the jan paper!
    Thanks hahaha
    I'm chilled

Did you get an A last year or something?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xxxKINGxxx)
    Oddly I find B1 the hardest section out of the 3...
    why?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by zintanax)
    It's okay thank you, I have the jan paper!
    Thanks hahaha
    I'm chilled

Did you get an A last year or something?
    its good your relaxed but i hope you have done your revision. am doing last minute revision . i got entered for foundation in January but now am doing higher and am in year 10 so i started my gcse's this year.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ryanroks1)
    If anybody would like a revision sheet for any of the topics in B1, let me know, I have access to a great online textbook!
    could i please..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ahsan_ijaz)
    why?
    It was the unit I was taught 1-2 years ago, haven't been taught it since. I haven't done as much revision on it. I don't like tropisms (Specifically in remembering where the majority of the auxins are accumulated), inoculation (Probably won't come up).

Biology 2/3 was my first exam. Biology 1 is right bang in the middle. Hence why I've under-revised.

ReputationRep:
    Is it just me, or does diet not appear much in the exams?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ryanroks1)
    Is it just me, or does diet not appear much in the exams?
    There's hardly anything about it they might give two programs and you have to compare something like that

ReputationRep:
    You cannot make silly mistakes reading off a graph or analyzing data for patterns because they are vital marks

ReputationRep:
    It was the unit I was taught 1-2 years ago, haven't been taught it since. I haven't done as much revision on it. I don't like tropisms (Specifically in remembering where the majority of the auxins are accumulated), inoculation (Probably won't come up).

Biology 2/3 was my first exam. Biology 1 is right bang in the middle. Hence why I've under-revised.
    yeah i understand but ill advise you to revise the topics you dont understand just read the page and keep reading it until you can say it without looking at the page .
    i think plant tropism , pathogens diseases, vaccination , carbon cycle,cloning, genetic engineering and cloning will definitely come up .

ReputationRep:
    Thankfully the exam is in the afternoon - lets me wake up at 7-8am and do some more revision. Usually have to wake up at 6 to catch a bus.

ReputationRep:
    Thankfully the exam is in the afternoon - lets me wake up at 7-8am and do some more revision. Usually have to wake up at 6 to catch a bus.
    yeh it is in afternoon but am in year 10 but im gna go late school , best of luck mate

any tips on how to not get nervous and fall asleep at night?

ReputationRep:
    Just get your sleep, you perform worse if you don't get enough.

Luckily for me I don't feel pressure. I lost my calculator before 2 chemistry exams in a row, wasn't really annoyed or scared. Luckily all the questions were doable without a calculator. Just chill.

ReputationRep:
    [QUOTE=xxxKINGxxx;42973038]Just get your sleep, you perform worse if you don't get enough.

Luckily for me I don't feel pressure. I lost my calculator before 2 chemistry exams in a row, wasn't really annoyed or scared. Luckily all the questions were doable without a calculator. Just chill.[/QUOTE

ok then best of luck is it ok if i sleep at 11 and wake up at 8:30 work for 1 hour going over my notes and then going to school.

ill try not toget nervous ill just believe in my self. i hope someone can upload a unofficial mark scheme by tomorrow evening.

ReputationRep:
    Just get your sleep, you perform worse if you don't get enough.

Luckily for me I don't feel pressure. I lost my calculator before 2 chemistry exams in a row, wasn't really annoyed or scared. Luckily all the questions were doable without a calculator. Just chill.

ok then best of luck is it ok if i sleep at 11 and wake up at 8:30 work for 1 hour going over my notes and then going to school.

ill try not toget nervous ill just believe in my self. i hope someone can upload a unofficial mark scheme by tomorrow evening.

ReputationRep:
    Any predictions of the 6marker and the evaluation question?

Poll
Which pet is the best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.