Join TSR now for chat about life, relationships, fashion and more…Sign up now

Odd Socks, good or bad? Watch

• View Poll Results: Odd socks, good or bad?
    Good fashion
    11.54%
    Perfectly Ok
    40.38%
    Dosnt bother me
    28.85%
    weird
    3.85%
    really (stupid/ weird/ wrong/ bad/ anoying e.c.t)
    15.38%

ReputationRep:
    Hi i always wear odd socks and think nothing of it, but my parents get really annoyed. I know lots of other people wear odds socks too, so i just wondered if it was put to vote what do the majority of people think

ReputationRep:
    Anyone that deliberately wears odd socks over the age of 9 is just desperate to be considered "different"

ReputationRep:
    It's fine if they are the same length and just 2 different solid colors (like one blue and one red sock) but when one is an ankle sock and one is a knee length sock and they are two completely different pattens, it would annoy me.

ReputationRep:
    It isn't something I'd do, indeed every sock I own is of the same plain black design, so I couldn't even if I tried.

But if someone else wants to do it, fair enough. There are far worse 'fashions' around these days and most people probably wouldn't even notice.

ReputationRep:
    I find it uncomfortable and annoying when I wear odd socks because they feel different on my feet, but if someone else wants to I don't really care. Sometimes it can look quite cool

ReputationRep:
    I don't pair my socks together after I wash them and just pull two random socks out every morning. It really doesn't bother me that they're odd. I'd more think it was weird that people cared quite frankly

ReputationRep:
    BAD. pet peeve. yeah sure wear them but don't show me.

ReputationRep:
    I only do because I'm too lazy to match up the socks, I'm not trying to look different, I really couldn't care less.

ReputationRep:
    Most of my socks are black with coloured heels and toes so I just grab whichever ones I see first. I wouldn't wear two with drastically different patterns though, just incase anyone saw them.

ReputationRep:
    It freaks out my OCD tendencies...if I see someone has odd socks I just can't stop staring...I might have issues =') Also it feels really wrong to wear them, especially if they're different lengths...I'm trying to get over it haha! =)

ReputationRep:
    Really doesn't bother me either way. If i see two in the drawer that match straight away then I'll grab them and wear matching ones, otherwise I couldn't really care less. Usually people won't really see them unless I take my shoes off which I would only do in my house or someone I know's house who I hope wouldn't judge me for such things.

ReputationRep:
    I think that it is weird and I would not wear odd socks at all, I would either buy new or wear previous worn ones but only as a last resort

ReputationRep:
    I often wear odd socks as random ones tend to go "walkabout"... I get really paranoid when that people can see though!

ReputationRep:
    I only wear odd socks if I intend on wearing shoes all day because almost all of my socks are bright and patterned so wearing a sock which is pink and covered in cows wouldn't really work with a white sock with red dots. Overall though I believe that wearing matching socks is like wearing matching underwear (if you're a girl you'll probably understand), you just feel so much better about everything!

ReputationRep:
    It's fine if you've ran out of matching socks but I feel like a lot of people do this on purpose to be "random". That irritates me.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    It really depends if you can pull it of.
    Like if it's two colors that go very well together, that's fine.
    But if you just grab any two old socks from your cupboard that makes you look like an idiot.

ReputationRep:
    I don't think I own a 'pair' of socks.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sugarmouse)
    I don't think I own a 'pair' of socks.
    Same

Posted from TSR Mobile

Poll
Which Fantasy Franchise is the best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.