The Student Room Group

Veterinary Medicine 2015 hopefuls!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 180
You breed skunks! That's so cool! They must interesting to keep :smile: I'm telling I'm getting those ratties one day :tongue: seriously though I want rats I really do like them. I would like ferrets too but keeping them next to my tripod bunny may not be the best idea :s-smilie: haha :biggrin:

Hiya Hjames welcome to the thread how much work experience do you have ?:smile:

Edit: Page 10!!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 11 years ago)
Woo page 10 already. At this rate we'll catch up with the 2014 lot :redface:

Original post by CanineVet
You breed skunks! That's so cool! They must interesting to keep :smile: I'm telling I'm getting those ratties one day :tongue: seriously though I want rats I really do like them. I would like ferrets too but keeping them next to my tripod bunny may not be the best idea :s-smilie: haha :biggrin:

And I'm telling you, you have to get past my killer bunny rabbits first! :tongue: Ditto the ferrets, they're adorable but I don't think the rabbits would appreciate that. My friend breeds snakes and she offered me one, but I had to decline for the same reason (more for the rats than the bun buns though :tongue: )
Reply 182
Original post by slugsiss32
I finished my GCSE's last June so thats the end of compulsory education. I did start my a levels but for various reasons decided to start them again this September, had loads of free time, so thought I wouldn't waste it, I'd do work experience :smile: I'm 18 in October...so 2015 will hopefully be my uni year!

Brazil is costing £4000! I breed skunks so i'm raising my money by selling them...

Ooft that's a lot! Is this through your school this trip?? :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 183
Original post by Little Tail Chaser
Woo page 10 already. At this rate we'll catch up with the 2014 lot :redface:

And I'm telling you, you have to get past my killer bunny rabbits first! :tongue: Ditto the ferrets, they're adorable but I don't think the rabbits would appreciate that. My friend breeds snakes and she offered me one, but I had to decline for the same reason (more for the rats than the bun buns though :tongue: )

Hahaha! There's ferrets at the urban farm I go to they are so friendly but like my trouser legs and sleeves too much :tongue: someone who works there bought a further two to keep for himself (he lives on the site of the farm) and bred them to get 8!! I was gonna take one but another volunteer there stole them all :frown: hahaha

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hahaha! There's ferrets at the urban farm I go to they are so friendly but like my trouser legs and sleeves too much :tongue: someone who works there bought a further two to keep for himself (he lives on the site of the farm) and bred them to get 8!! I was gonna take one but another volunteer there stole them all :frown: hahaha

He/She took all 8?! :eek: That's a handful and a half! :lol:
Reply 185
He/She took all 8?! :eek: That's a handful and a half! :lol:

I know that's what I said! I was almost in complete shock ahah he's a madman :tongue: but he does look after them like gold has a big 6/7 foot tall outdoor cage and everything :O they are absolutely adorable!! There's this one (who looks a bit inbred) who has a sabre tooth and a twisted claw and he is called snaggle and an albino one called "Bruce Allwhitey" aww :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
I know that's what I said! I was almost in complete shock ahah he's a madman :tongue: but he does look after them like gold has a big 6/7 foot tall outdoor cage and everything :O they are absolutely adorable!! There's this one (who looks a bit inbred) who has a sabre tooth and a twisted claw and he is called snaggle and an albino one called "Bruce Allwhitey" aww :biggrin:

D'aww, snuggle is such a sweet name :biggrin: And Bruce Allwhitey! :lol:

The breeder that I got my ratties from keeps ferrets. She's converted her garage into a room especially for her rats, but the ferrets are outdoors.

In other news, it's going to be fun trying to get to the farm today in this snow :rolleyes:
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 187
D'aww, snuggle is such a sweet name :biggrin: And Bruce Allwhitey! :lol:

The breeder that I got my ratties from keeps ferrets. She's converted her garage into a room especially for her rats, but the ferrets are outdoors.

In other news, it's going to be fun trying to get to the farm today in this snow :rolleyes:

Aww that's cute! I know! This is the first time the snow has actually stayed on the ground up here shockingly! It seems like everywhere in the UK it snows but here - until today :tongue: My mum needs to drive me all the way up into the hills so that will be fun.... Is it bad down south? Enjoy the farm :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Angry cucumber
Very much so :smug: :tongue: :lol:

truer words were never spoken... :gthumb:
Original post by slugsiss32
I know that I definitely don't want to work in a small animal practice, or even mixed because I find it a bit repetitive for me. I would like to work in conservation. I have a lot of experience with British Wildlife and some with exotics...which is what I'm most interested in, so something to do with that! I'd like to be a vet but not necessarily work as a vet...don't know really :P*

Exotics vets are in a world of their own! :tumble: Our exotics lecturer at Nottingham comes out with some crazy stuff in her lectures
Here's most of the blogs I have bookmarked:

Charlotte-Harris.net
A Vet Student's Perspective
What Comes Next
Can't Spell DVM
Diary of a Dick Vet
Life in Vet School
Old(er) in Vet School
The Homeless Parrot
Wet Cleanup on Aisle 5
Catherine Graham
and now
Musings of a Vet Student

I might have some more, my bookmarks are a mess! Some of these also might be a little outdated, I don't check them as much as I should. :colondollar:

Skatealexia, if you wanted to put this list on the Vet Resources Thread you'd be more than welcome to take it. :h: I don't know how much use they actually are but every little helps! :biggrin:

you can add this one to your list:

http://illcreaturesgreatandsmall.wordpress.com/

Life at the best vet school in the UK :biggrin:
Back! Brrrrr!

Aww that's cute! I know! This is the first time the snow has actually stayed on the ground up here shockingly! It seems like everywhere in the UK it snows but here - until today :tongue: My mum needs to drive me all the way up into the hills so that will be fun.... Is it bad down south? Enjoy the farm :biggrin:

Wow, really? I was under the impression that Scotland always got hit really badly. It's not too bad down here, about two inches maybe. It's not really settling on roads and pavements though.

It was some of the lambs' first snow. :biggrin: They kept trying to eat the snowflakes, bless 'em.

Original post by jamsie555
you can add this one to your list:

http://illcreaturesgreatandsmall.wordpress.com/

Life at the best vet school in the UK :biggrin:

Thankies! :h:
Original post by jamsie555
Exotics vets are in a world of their own! :tumble: Our exotics lecturer at Nottingham comes out with some crazy stuff in her lectures

:lol: So true, she is lovely /crazy though :tongue:
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 193
Back! Brrrrr!

Wow, really? I was under the impression that Scotland always got hit really badly. It's not too bad down here, about two inches maybe. It's not really settling on roads and pavements though.

It was some of the lambs' first snow. :biggrin: They kept trying to eat the snowflakes, bless 'em.

Back from milking absolutely baltic!! Glasgow is always miserable with its weather so usually it rains washing away the snow :tongue: Where I went it was hit with it - couple of inches too - it made the landscape look absolutely breath taking. :biggrin: I was close to getting a bovine urine shower and am going back a week on Tuesday to do fertility work with the farm's vet :O can't wait!!

Aww that's so cute, lambs are absolutely lovely, feeding them at lambing time is one of the best things :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Back from milking absolutely baltic!! Glasgow is always miserable with its weather so usually it rains washing away the snow :tongue: Where I went it was hit with it - couple of inches too - it made the landscape look absolutely breath taking. :biggrin: I was close to getting a bovine urine shower and am going back a week on Tuesday to do fertility work with the farm's vet :O can't wait!!

Aww that's so cute, lambs are absolutely lovely, feeding them at lambing time is one of the best things :biggrin:

Cow pee shower hmm? Well, that's one way to warm up I suppose! :lol: And that's awesome! :biggrin: Do you know what exactly you'll be doing (AI or anything along those lines?)
Reply 195
Cow pee shower hmm? Well, that's one way to warm up I suppose! :lol: And that's awesome! :biggrin: Do you know what exactly you'll be doing (AI or anything along those lines?)

Hahahah a nice wee warm shower :smile: I'm joking of course :L Anyway, yeah they do artificial insemination (don't know if they will AI any cows that day) so hopefully they will :biggrin: and perhaps some ultrasounds not really sure tbh will inform you once I do it :wink: I'm really excited for it can't wait :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hahahah a nice wee warm shower :smile: I'm joking of course :L Anyway, yeah they do artificial insemination (don't know if they will AI any cows that day) so hopefully they will :biggrin: and perhaps some ultrasounds not really sure tbh will inform you once I do it :wink: I'm really excited for it can't wait :biggrin:

Fascinating :biggrin: Hope you enjoy it!

Another volunteer at the farm (she also wants to be a vet, but she's in the year above us so will be a 2014 applicant) told me about this. I'd like to apply but my school does not have a 'Summer School Co-ordinator' and they won't accept any other applications :s-smilie: . Does anyone have any idea what I should do (other than ask the volunteer next time I see her :tongue: )
Reply 197
Fascinating :biggrin: Hope you enjoy it!

Another volunteer at the farm (she also wants to be a vet, but she's in the year above us so will be a 2014 applicant) told me about this. I'd like to apply but my school does not have a 'Summer School Co-ordinator' and they won't accept any other applications :s-smilie: . Does anyone have any idea what I should do (other than ask the volunteer next time I see her :tongue: )

Do they do something related to vet med there? And when you mean they won't accept any other applications are you talking about that university? Have you asked any of your deputy or guidance teachers about it :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Do they do something related to vet med there? And when you mean they won't accept any other applications are you talking about that university? Have you asked any of your deputy or guidance teachers about it :smile:

Harper Adams mainly does agriculture courses, but they also do veterinary nursing and physiotherapy. :smile: And I meant applications for the summer school :tongue: . I only found out about it today so I haven't had a chance to ask any of my teachers yet, but I will on Monday :smile:
Just got a pointless answer on the show pointless for the first time! :biggrin: It was elements without the letter 'i' and I said lanthanum, thank you the elements song! Haha :tongue:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending