Join TSR now and get answers to all your questions about uniSign up now

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AmberEyes)
    Just wondered if you actually gave any vaccinations - you make it sound as though you did but that's not supposed to be allowed legally?
    This was mainly on the sheep farm, where it was a dose of antibiotics or calcium that generally needed to be given. It's not strictly legal, but I was under the supervision of a vet student for most of it, and you can't go far wrong with a sheep to be honest (unless you put calcium in the vein, because that's not good!) I was never allowed to give vaccinations in practice.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 1304grace)
    Anyone's allowed to give IM as long as you have got it from the vets I think, just not IV. I inject my own horses and sheep.
    This is correct. I was under a vet student's supervision for the large majority of cases and was only allowed to give IM doses.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Siriuslyserious)
    It must be considering! Because otherwise my application to Bristol won't work! :eek:
    Ha, its definitely not for this year because nothing about the BMAT came up under Bristol's option on UCAS and its not under their current entry requirements :yep:

Bristol is definitely NOT asking for BMAT for 2014 applications.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Troy-Vet)
    Good luck everyone! just filling out the questionnaires but I'm majorly procrastinating SJT. How many other people are trying for Surrey ?
    There's an SJT for surrey?!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alwaysalex)
    There's an SJT for surrey?!
    Sorry didn't word that clearly, just Nottingham with an SJT, but I'm working on the Surrey questionnaire at the moment
    • TSR Support Team
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KathrynM123)
    Does Liverpool have any kind of questionaire or aptitude test?
    They send out a questionnaire by email. They don't want the BMAT, no.

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone know how many places there are at Surrey for us?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sam_af)
    Hey guys, Im new to TSR. Has anyone heard anything back for Vet Med with regards to interviews? Also, is anyone else applying as a graduate??

Sammy

Hey,

Just saw you are applying as a graduate! Where are you applying? I'm a mature 3rd year Veterinary student at Cambridge, when I say mature I mean 23 (so not old old!). If you have any questions about applying as a grad just say, there were quite a few in my year. I went in as a mature undergrad as I took two gap years to do retakes and get more work experience with animals.

Can try to answer any questions about the Cambridge application process etc? and dispel any myths about interviews if anyone else has any questions? :-)

Also applied to all the vet schools over my couple of round of UCAS applications, and had interviews at Liverpool and Nottingham although they may have changed by now!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bandyd)
    I went to the open day and the woman I spoke to said around 130 I think

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Hey, I'm applying as a graduate, in my final year of bio veterinary at Hartpury. Applied to Notts, rvc, Surrey and Liverpool

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lizzywoo2014)
    Hey,

Just saw you are applying as a graduate! Where are you applying? I'm a mature 3rd year Veterinary student at Cambridge, when I say mature I mean 23 (so not old old!). If you have any questions about applying as a grad just say, there were quite a few in my year. I went in as a mature undergrad as I took two gap years to do retakes and get more work experience with animals.

Can try to answer any questions about the Cambridge application process etc? and dispel any myths about interviews if anyone else has any questions? :-)

Also applied to all the vet schools over my couple of round of UCAS applications, and had interviews at Liverpool and Nottingham although they may have changed by now!
    Thanks lizziewoo... I am applying for the second time having been rejected last year.. I now have the grades and am applying again... I am sure all those applying for the first time would appreciate your description of your interviews .. So yes please.. Do tell us and feel free to pass on any non-confidential insights and tips. Personally, all I can offer gypsy way of advise ....is sit back and stop watching your email every day.... This us a serious waiting game and while you are waiting you still gave a chance.... From last years experience,,,, london and Surrey interview early, ie. This side of Christmas.. Bristol interview a few in November and dec but interview most in The new year,,, and may not even contact you until jan/ February. Notts send out loads of invites just before Christmas for interviews in the new year and liverpool interview heavily right through jan , February and the first half of March... It's a long waiting game and we will all get frustrated with waiting,,, but do try and get on with your life and don't become obsessed with this site 😀😀 liozziewoo tried three times - respect and congrats for getting in eventually -that's the degree of commitment the're looking for...

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone have the email for Nottingham to send our A-level grades to if we're on a gap year? I didn't note it down before finishing the questionnaire.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ruben M-B)
    Does anyone have the email for Nottingham to send our A-level grades to if we're on a gap year? I didn't note it down before finishing the questionnaire.
    You can check the website but it is
    "[email protected]". I have had to email them so many times the past few days (damn Scottish applicants) :P

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Troy-Vet)
    Sorry didn't word that clearly, just Nottingham with an SJT, but I'm working on the Surrey questionnaire at the moment
    Phew!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lizzywoo2014)
    Hey,

Could you give some tips on how to prepare for the interview? Thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bandyd)
    They're aiming for an intake of around 120 this year. Last year they had 45.

ReputationRep:
    Hi everyone

I'm new to TSR! I have applies to Nottingham, Liverpool, Edinburgh and Bristol. This is my second attempt as I didn't get in last year... Currently on my second gap year (sad I know!) but got a place to do zoology at Bristol so at least I'm going somewhere next year!

Just wanted to introduce myself

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bourne2410)
    got a place to do zoology at Bristol so at least I'm going somewhere next year!
    Ah well done!
    I have one too, just out of interest have you booked onto a visit day with them even though you'd rather do vet med??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Siriuslyserious)
    Ah well done!
    I have one too, just out of interest have you booked onto a visit day with them even though you'd rather do vet med??
    Thankyou! You too and no I haven't, have you? I didn't really see the point in looking round because I don't have a choice to be honest... Like if I get into vet school I won't do zoology but if I don't get into vet school I will be doing zoology, no ifs no buts.
    • TSR Support Team
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bourne2410)
    Hi everyone

I'm new to TSR! I have applies to Nottingham, Liverpool, Edinburgh and Bristol. This is my second attempt as I didn't get in last year... Currently on my second gap year (sad I know!) but got a place to do zoology at Bristol so at least I'm going somewhere next year!

Just wanted to introduce myself
    Welcome to the thread Being on your second gap year isn't sad at all, good on you for persevering.

Poll
If you won £30,000, which of these would you spend it on?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.