Join TSR now and get answers to all your questions about uniSign up now

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by regsyl)
    Hi guys! I emailed RVC to ask when we will hear from them regarding the interviews and stuff. And they replied saying that the interview invitations will be sent out in a week or so.
    That makes sense, as they probably wait until BMAT results come out. Good luck!

ReputationRep:
    Hi everyone! I have an interview at Bristol in December and I'm having a real issue deciding what to wear! Does anyone know what the dress code is for vet interviews because it's really stressing me out hahaha!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rachelhannah)
    Hi everyone! I have an interview at Bristol in December and I'm having a real issue deciding what to wear! Does anyone know what the dress code is for vet interviews because it's really stressing me out hahaha!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I wasn't sure how smart to go, but deicided that to be honest its better to go to smart than too casual! I've bought smart black trousers, a blazer, a cream/white fairly casual blouse and some plain black dolly shoes (:

ReputationRep:
    Hi guys, hope all's going well Anyone non-Scottish, non-international got Glasgow interviews? (Congrats BTW)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rachelhannah)

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I have a black skirt, black blazer, black tights, black shoes and formal white top/blouse. I don't you can really go too smart with an interview this serious, but there is some stuff recommended by my college which is really common sense - low shoes, hair tied back unless it's controlled, no nail polish, very little make-up. Good luck!!

ReputationRep:
    Just got an interview for Glasgow this morning!!! Ahh I'm over the moon! (I'm a Scottish applicant)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mollyvet)
    I have a black skirt, black blazer, black tights, black shoes and formal white top/blouse. I don't you can really go too smart with an interview this serious, but there is some stuff recommended by my college which is really common sense - low shoes, hair tied back unless it's controlled, no nail polish, very little make-up. Good luck!!
    my Professor and I had a conversation on how to dress (all our final exams are orals and i was wearing a bavarian dress - which he loved). We kind of agreed on: - not too much décolleté (hahah he said its nice to look at but very very annoying in an exam situation, because it creates a weird feeling especially for the examiner... and an oral exam/interview should be a great atmosphere for you and the interviewer...) - covered shoulders and thighs (no short skirts) I also agree on not wearing too much makeup and especially colourful nailpolish, but hands and face should be neat. (I usually put on foundation and some blush, no colourful lipstick, and i have transparent or no nailpolish) I usually end up wearing black tights/leggings and a business-like dress, black flats, a blazer and sometimes a scarfs. (and I always bring my wellies with me .... especially since they usually offer a tour on campus.) But that's what I actually wear most of the time (if I am not around the stables or the lab) and I feel most confident in...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by VetMed)
    my Professor and I had a conversation on how to dress (all our final exams are orals and i was wearing a bavarian dress - which he loved). We kind of agreed on: - not too much décolleté (hahah he said its nice to look at but very very annoying in an exam situation, because it creates a weird feeling especially for the examiner... and an oral exam/interview should be a great atmosphere for you and the interviewer...) - covered shoulders and thighs (no short skirts) I also agree on not wearing too much makeup and especially colourful nailpolish, but hands and face should be neat. (I usually put on foundation and some blush, no colourful lipstick, and i have transparent or no nailpolish) I usually end up wearing black tights/leggings and a business-like dress, black flats, a blazer and sometimes a scarfs. (and I always bring my wellies with me .... especially since they usually offer a tour on campus.) But that's what I actually wear most of the time (if I am not around the stables or the lab) and I feel most confident in...
    I agree on all the points above - skirts should be knee length, shirts should have a professional neckline and a scarf is nice to accessorize without being showy. Jewellery should also be at a minium, plain ear studs if any etc.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Georgie14)
    Hi guys, hope all's going well Anyone non-Scottish, non-international got Glasgow interviews? (Congrats BTW)

Hi, yep, I'm from England and got my Glasgow interview invitation today!! Yay! Now to work out how to get there from south-west England without spending a fortune...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by forgetmenot13)
    Hi, yep, I'm from England and got my Glasgow interview invitation today!! Yay! Now to work out how to get there from south-west England without spending a fortune...
    Well done!

ReputationRep:
    i got my Glasgow interview this morning as well - I am from Scotland
    congrats to everyone else who has got interviews

ReputationRep:
    Aaaaahhhh! Got an interview invitation for Glasgow last night for the 14th January, I am beyond ecstatic!! Congrats to everyone in the same position!

(Original post by SteveJB)
    Yes!! I have the same thing with UCAS track, it hasn't went through for Edinburgh yet but has on EUCLID. And it's the opposite for Glasgow, I haven't had an actual email from Glasgow but got my invitation on UCAS track.
    I am absolutely ecstatic! I'm sure you'll here from them soon
    Edinburgh interview on the 17th of December and Glasgow interview is 6th of January! Very excited.
    Aww that is great, I am so happy for you! My Edinburgh interview still hasn't changed on UCAS so I might drop them an email tomorrow asking them what is the deal with it. Do you think they will do it exclusively through EUCLID and just hand out a conditional/rejection through UCAS track?

Another thing is the forms that Glasgow have asked to fill out. Do we put every placement on the form that we have to fill out. And for the confidential reference form do we send that to just one vet placement or every one that you have attended? And is that just for clinical placements and not husbandry placements?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CanineVet)
    Aaaaahhhh! Got an interview invitation for Glasgow last night for the 14th January, I am beyond ecstatic!! Congrats to everyone in the same position!

Aww that is great, I am so happy for you! My Edinburgh interview still hasn't changed on UCAS so I might drop them an email tomorrow asking them what is the deal with it. Do you think they will do it exclusively through EUCLID and just hand out a conditional/rejection through UCAS track?

Another thing is the forms that Glasgow have asked to fill out. Do we put every placement on the form that we have to fill out. And for the confidential reference form do we send that to just one vet placement or every one that you have attended? And is that just for clinical placements and not husbandry placements?
    I think that the confidential form is sent to one vet practice placement and to the vet that you spent the most time with and who has agreed to act as your referee, and you put every placement on the other one.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CanineVet)
    Aaaaahhhh! Got an interview invitation for Glasgow last night for the 14th January, I am beyond ecstatic!! Congrats to everyone in the same position! Aww that is great, I am so happy for you! My Edinburgh interview still hasn't changed on UCAS so I might drop them an email tomorrow asking them what is the deal with it. Do you think they will do it exclusively through EUCLID and just hand out a conditional/rejection through UCAS track? Another thing is the forms that Glasgow have asked to fill out. Do we put every placement on the form that we have to fill out. And for the confidential reference form do we send that to just one vet placement or every one that you have attended? And is that just for clinical placements and not husbandry placements?
    Why would Edinburgh change ucas? ...No, they just hand out offers and rejections on ucas track.... as far as I know and have experienced (both)

ReputationRep:
    Does anybody know when Liverpool are going to send wexp forms? Normally they are a lot more speedy than this, aren't they?

ReputationRep:
    Hello all! Got Edinburgh interview call for 19th Jan. Im an international applicant from India! very excited!!! No news from Nottingham/ Glasgow/ Liverpool yet. Anyone else heard from these Unis? If i havent heard back till now does it mean im not considered? :-/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kavitha Elam)
    Hello all! Got Edinburgh interview call for 19th Jan. Im an international applicant from India! very excited!!! No news from Nottingham/ Glasgow/ Liverpool yet. Anyone else heard from these Unis? If i havent heard back till now does it mean im not considered? :-/
    OH MY GOD HI!
    I'm an international applicant from India too! We have got to exchange stories?
    Sooo how did you get work exp?
    Congrats on Edinburgh, which board are you in? (I'm assuming you're in 12th?)
    I got an interview invite from Edinburgh and Bristol so far!
    I haven't set my Edinburgh date because I'm afraid for a clash in my pre boards and the interview. I'm waiting for my pre board schedule.
    :/
    So 19th you're going to Singapore I assume?
    Where are you from?
    Omg I'm so excited this is crazy.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kavitha Elam)
    Nottingham sent a postcard saying that we'll hear from them between January and March, so don't worry about that one

ReputationRep:
    Is anyone intending to apply to universities in Europe as a back up plan?

ReputationRep:
    Hello everyone! I have got interviews for the two unis I applied for, glasgow and edinburgh! Anyone else in edinburgh the 10th of december or glasgow the 8th january?! So excited! Any one on here have any tips for the interviews?

Poll
Should MenACWY vaccination be compulsory at uni?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.