The Student Room Group

Veterinary Medicine 2015 hopefuls!

Scroll to see replies

Original post by VetMed
Helloooo :smile:
Oh that's great you got an interview ....

I am studying pharmacy, well it might not be as related to veterinary but it is a great scientific course and you learn all to do with drugs, I have a lot of lab / research experience ....
Yeah I got rejected years back when I just finished school but I was accepted at Edinburgh last year.... :s-smilie: :frown: Unfortunately I got sick so I had to miss my exams and I'm doing them now.
Then I'll be going back to Ireland to get some more veterinary work experience, and I have a 3year-old stallion to start working with and I literally just came back in from loading my mare into a huge huge horse box/ lorry to send her to Ireland as well...
It feels so strange knowing I won't see her until Christmas now (my mum will be there to welcome her tho). Poor baby (oh well shes almost 17 I've had her ever since), third time traveling this far...
Have you finished your first undergraduate already or are you going to in the summer ?
Which university do you study at, if I may ask?

I know soooo many people studying pharmacy that i feel like i'm practically studying it myself :biggrin: I'm Hartpury college (UWE) btw and no i haven't finished my degree yet. I finish in the summer :smile: I'm really jealous of your horses. I only have a cat and she treats me like crap! i still love her to pieces though, haha. you could say i'm well and truly 'whipped' :tongue:
Original post by jenni87
I'm a graduate as well, forgot all about this site so I've just been catching up! I've applied at Liverpool, Bristol and Nottingham after Zoology at Liverpool and a post graduate diploma in Equine Science! Getting a bit worried that I've not heard anything yet? :frown:

I wouldn't worry. Out of the 20ish people on my course who've also applied for vet medicine, i think i'm the only one with an interview so far. I've only heard back from one of my choices as well, but i know the universities send out questionnaires and interview invitations in batches, depending on where you've applied, so I wouldn't worry. No news is definitely good news because that means you haven't been rejected! stay positive :smile:
Reply 3782
Original post by VETwannabe
I know soooo many people studying pharmacy that i feel like i'm practically studying it myself :biggrin: I'm Hartpury college (UWE) btw and no i haven't finished my degree yet. I finish in the summer :smile: I'm really jealous of your horses. I only have a cat and she treats me like crap! i still love her to pieces though, haha. you could say i'm well and truly 'whipped' :tongue:

cats ........ They own you .... My sister has a cat like that too, probably its their way of showing their love xD
Reply 3783
I wouldn't worry. Out of the 20ish people on my course who've also applied for vet medicine, i think i'm the only one with an interview so far. I've only heard back from one of my choices as well, but i know the universities send out questionnaires and interview invitations in batches, depending on where you've applied, so I wouldn't worry. No news is definitely good news because that means you haven't been rejected! stay positive :smile:

I hope you're right..... I just want one offer,
maybe they have special meetings in which they discuss the graduate applications :wink:
Reply 3784

Oh and good luck with all you exams this year...
I know that the last year may be very exhausting ... But in the end it'll all pay off...... (Hopefully) :wink:
5.9 5.7 2.5A...bye bye RVC with that essay :frown:
Reply 3786
Original post by Alex15

That's good and people have received offers with lower scores than that!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by 0802
That's good and people have received offers with lower scores than that!

Posted from TSR Mobile

The essay is awful! I'm hoping they'll still give me a chance at interview but I'm not very optimistic :frown:
Reply 3788
Original post by Alex15
The essay is awful! I'm hoping they'll still give me a chance at interview but I'm not very optimistic :frown:

Your other sections are great though, I'm sure they will!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by 0802
Your other sections are great though, I'm sure they will!

Posted from TSR Mobile

I hope so! Thank you :smile:
Original post by Alex15

No way, your other sections are so good! Well done :smile:
I got 5.1, 4 and 2A
Seriously worried about my essay...

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by EllyAylwen
No way, your other sections are so good! Well done :smile:

Thank you! I'm just frustrated about the essay :frown:
Original post by Alex15

Fingers crossed your other sections more than compensate though. Have you looked at the explanation of results for the previous years? I know you can't really compare from year to year but it shows how high your S1 and S2 are!
Reply 3794
Original post by Alex15

Don't get too frustrated! You still did very well !!! First of all it is only one part of your application, just wait and see what they say,
secondly not every college needs your BMAT results....
Does anyone remember what the title of the last essay was?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3796
Original post by bethanywaltham
Does anyone remember what the title of the last essay was?

Posted from TSR Mobile

It was something to do with modern vet med is more to do with humans than animals

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by 0802
It was something to do with modern vet med is more to do with humans than animals

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thanks!

Posted from TSR Mobile
More or less I believe it was 'the veterinary profession benefits more the humans involved than the animals care for, discuss this' 😊

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hiya, I am applying as an undergrad to Surrey, rvc and Nottingham for vet medicine and rvc and Surrey for vet biosciences. I haven't heard anything from any of the vet courses, and was wondering though if anyone doesn't mind saying if they have been rejected from any of the vet schools yet? I'm hoping no news is good news! Many thanks x

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending