Join TSR now and get answers to all your questions about uniSign up now
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 1304grace)
    So I have interviews at surrey and liverpool on the same day :/ does anyone have any advice on which one would be easier to change? I've sent back the surrey reply already, but not liverpool, but on the liverpool email it says if the day needs to be rearranged you will be placed on a waiting list and not guaranteed to change!
    Congrats on your interviews but sorry they clash! Do you have a preference which uni you would like to go to? If so, then maybe try to rearrange the other one? Just my opinion assuming that neither will be able to guarantee you a place. Perhaps try giving them a call to find out more and see if they can get you a new date over the phone or you can ask how likely you are to be offered another interview date - nothing to stop you enquiring over the phone to both and then making a definite decision afterwards and confirm this with them.
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Niamhmca)
    Has anyone who had disadvantaging circumstances heard anything back from Nottingham? I had ill health during GCSEs and AS levels so my grades at AS weren't as great as they could have been and I'm repeating them alongside my A-levels but I have medication to control it now, I know that if someone with disadvantaging circumstances gets an additional review if they don't get an interview but I've heard nothing so far.
    Not sure if things have changed, I had disadvantaging circumstances when I applied there years ago, got an interview in Feb . I didn't hear anything from them until the new year though - you still have time and at the minute no news is good news Good luck.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SilverstarDJ)
    Congrats on your interviews but sorry they clash! Do you have a preference which uni you would like to go to? If so, then maybe try to rearrange the other one? Just my opinion assuming that neither will be able to guarantee you a place. Perhaps try giving them a call to find out more and see if they can get you a new date over the phone or you can ask how likely you are to be offered another interview date - nothing to stop you enquiring over the phone to both and then making a definite decision afterwards and confirm this with them.
    Thank you. Not really, I didn't want to get my hopes up so I haven't even thought where i'd prefer, they both have different aspects that would sway me. I think I will call Liverpool tomorrow and ask as they are still giving out interviews it may be easier for them to guarantee me another day, whereas I don't know if Surrey are. Thanks for the advice

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SilverstarDJ)
    Not sure if things have changed, I had disadvantaging circumstances when I applied there years ago, got an interview in Feb . I didn't hear anything from them until the new year though - you still have time and at the minute no news is good news Good luck.
    Ah, that makes me feel a bit better! Sorry if I'm being nosy but what was your news??

Edit: sorry, didn't read it properly about your interview! Was your interview the same time as people who didn't have the disadvantaging circumstances?
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Niamhmca)
    Ah, that makes me feel a bit better! Sorry if I'm being nosy but what was your news??

Edit: sorry, didn't read it properly about your interview! Was your interview the same time as people who didn't have the disadvantaging circumstances?
    I assume my interview was at the same time as everyone else's but I didn't ask anyone on the day to be honest. I wouldn't see why they would need to split people up into two separate groups . By taking your circumstances into account than all that means is that they make it more of a level playing field for you e.g. you would be asked the same questions at interview but might get a lower conditional offer than the average applicant.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Shannon:))
    Hi guys

I'm also applying for veterinary nursing at

Hartpury
    RVC
    Askham Bryan
    Middlesex
    Edinburgh Napier

I have an interview for Middlesex on Monday (15th), Hartpury on the 21st January and Askham Bryan on the 17th January.

Has anyone got any tips at all, especially for Middlesex? I look forward to seeing some of you there!
    Hi how did your middlesex interview go and did they give you an offer

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 1304grace)
    So I have interviews at surrey and liverpool on the same day :/ does anyone have any advice on which one would be easier to change? I've sent back the surrey reply already, but not liverpool, but on the liverpool email it says if the day needs to be rearranged you will be placed on a waiting list and not guaranteed to change!
    Surrey moved me to a date one week later with no problem.

ReputationRep:
    Hey they've put me on the waiting list as well !

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sophierachael)
    Just got an email from Surrey - they"ve put my application on a waiting list, anyone else got this? Hopefully a spot will come up fingers crossed!!!!

Hey they've waitlisted me as well

ReputationRep:
    If anyone is interested Liverpool have started giving out interviews for 21st January- just got one, so so very happy!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • TSR Support Team
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 96s)
    If anyone is interested Liverpool have started giving out interviews for 21st January- just got one, so so very happy!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Congratulations

ReputationRep:
    Nervy about Liverpool as I'm already there and love it. Would be a dream to stay. Such a fab uni hope for all that really wanting Liverpool get an interview!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 96s)

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Well done! Very exciting!!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 96s)

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Was it by email?

ReputationRep:
    Oh my goodness!! I GOT INTO BRISTOL!!! I am a reaplicant, and have finally got my biggest dream coming true!! Never been this happy before!! I wish every one the best of luck. If you want it hard enough, and work hard enough, you can do it! And as I got in second time, I'd just like to say to anyone who doesn't get in first time, pleasee don't give up that easily! It's so worth waiting for

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by forgetmenot13)
    Oh my goodness!! I GOT INTO BRISTOL!!! I am a reaplicant, and have finally got my biggest dream coming true!! Never been this happy before!! I wish every one the best of luck. If you want it hard enough, and work hard enough, you can do it! And as I got in second time, I'd just like to say to anyone who doesn't get in first time, pleasee don't give up that easily! It's so worth waiting for
    Congrats!!!!!! Xx

ReputationRep:
    Congrats, I am a second go person and have an interview at bristol...so I hope to be joining you.
    • TSR Support Team
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    Fantastic news, you should be proud of yourself! Shows that determination really does pay off :yep:

ReputationRep:
    Still waiting to hear from both Liverpool and Glasgow. Never actually received a wex form from Liverpool despite having the grade requirements. I’ve kind of ignored it up until now. Does anyone know if Liverpool will still hand these out or is that it?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lousamnap)
    Congrats!!!!!! Xx
    (Original post by wanttobevet)
    Congrats, I am a second go person and have an interview at bristol...so I hope to be joining you.
    (Original post by Little Tail Chaser)
    Fantastic news, you should be proud of yourself! Shows that determination really does pay off :yep:
    Thank you aw good luck wanttobevet! The best advise I can give after doing a Bristol interview is know everything you've talked about in your PS really well, and make sure the interviewers can see you are enthusiastic! If you know your stuff, you will be fine My interviewers were actually really friendly.

Poll
If you won £30,000, which of these would you spend it on?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.