The Student Room Group

Veterinary Medicine 2015 hopefuls!

Scroll to see replies

Original post by wanttobevet
Do you want to define stickie for new people... There were more last year!

Er... what? I don't think that there were any more last year than there should be now :tongue: What are you referring to?

Stickies are the 'sticky' threads that are usually stuck at the top of the forum. Other threads move up and down as people post, with popular topics remaining at the top, but sticky threads tend to be useful information (like the Big and Shiny Work Experience thread and the Personal Statement Tips), so it's helpful for them to be in a place where they can be easily seen :smile:
Original post by EEMGEE
Hey, so this is my very first post on TSR ������

I've applied to RVC, Middlesex, Hartpury, Edinburgh Napier and Harper Adams.

I've got responses from every choice (with interviews from Middlesex & Hartpury) except for Edinburgh Napier! Has anyone heard from them??

Also, I just wanted to know what some typical interview questions for vet nursing are?

Thanks! ☺️

Hey & Welcome!:smile:

Congratulations on your interviews! I haven't heard from Napier either; I think they're waiting until the 15th January when all applications have been submitted:smile:

As long as you know the role a VN plays, their attribute to a practice etc you'll be fine! It could be worth reading relevant news for example just to be able to mention it to show you take an interest in the Veterinary world!

Best of luck!
Original post by Kavitha Elam
Have a 5th choice left out. Which course should i consider applying using this choice?:confused:

Look at Medical Sciences, or something like Animal Welfare/Behaviour or Wildlife Conservation.

What.uni.com is a good place to serch on keywords.
Reply 4583
Wish I knew how the interviews went at RVC today for grad accelerated. Think it was ok but YOU JUST DONT KNOW.

Here comes the waiting!
Luck to anyone else interviewing for the grad vet med

Posted from TSR Mobile
Guys! sorry abt going a bit astray from the interview n offer discussions !I need ur adv!!! Im an Intl Applicant and applying for the first time for Vet Med UG program. Ive applied to Edin, Notts, Bristol, Liverpool. Have a 5th choice left out. Which course should i consider applying using this choice?:confused:

Hey I applied to veterinary bioscience at Surrey and got an offer within two weeks. Hope this helps! My only advice would be to choose a course you would genuinely still love to do, especially withh vet med being so competitive :smile:

I chose that course because of the research they do and modules they offered.

Good luck choosing! :smile:
Yep to clarify what Tails was saying about the Edinburgh Interviews only Scottish applicants (and maybe International and grad applicants of any nationality) have been interviewed!!! I have seen the same post at least 8325612308563 times asking why so I am just wanting to help clear the air for you all! I am a Scottish applicant and my tutor received an email to confirm what the dates the interviews were taking place on. They were only two dates in December and from my experience there last week I only met Scottish people. The next interview date is in February followed by another 2 in March. Applicants interviewed in December hope to hear back by end of January regarding decisions. I'd imagine they are doing this split so they can give X amount of places to people of Y nationality. Hopefully everyone else will hear about interviews soon and wish you the best of luck! :biggrin:
(edited 9 years ago)
I just got an offer from glasgow im freaking out
Original post by sophierachael
Hey I applied to veterinary bioscience at Surrey and got an offer within two weeks. Hope this helps! My only advice would be to choose a course you would genuinely still love to do, especially withh vet med being so competitive :smile:

Thanks a lot! that helps! :smile: will look into it.

Is it ok if the personal statement is the same??
Is it ok if the personal statement is the same??

Yep shouldn't be an issue - mine was the same and it mentioned studying vet med as a course in it :smile:

Although I did mention having an interest in research not sure if this contributed or not :smile:

Another thing would be to apply for a course with a bit lower grades.. just in case you do get an offer but miss the grades. The offer I got from Surrey for veterinary bioscience was ABB!
Yep shouldn't be an issue - mine was the same and it mentioned studying vet med as a course in it :smile:

Although I did mention having an interest in research not sure if this contributed or not :smile:

Another thing would be to apply for a course with a bit lower grades.. just in case you do get an offer but miss the grades. The offer I got from Surrey for veterinary bioscience was ABB!

Ah! thanks a lot! quiet helpful! :smile: :smile:
Original post by sydneybridge
Look at Medical Sciences, or something like Animal Welfare/Behaviour or Wildlife Conservation.

What.uni.com is a good place to serch on keywords.

Thanks a lot! :smile: going ahead with Vet Bio!
Thanks a lot! :smile: going ahead with Vet Bio!

I applied for biovet @ RVC
Original post by regsyl
I applied for biovet @ RVC

(y) im doing the same! :smile:
Reply 4594
RVC interview was actually enjoyable, it's amazing how much their interview day layout can relax you before the actual interview parts! Fingers (and everything else) crossed I get an offer there now!

Good luck to all interviews in the coming months!
Reply 4595
Does anyone have a glasgow interview on the 27th january? Buzzing for it but so nervous :smile:
(y) im doing the same! :smile:

Great! where are you applying from? if you don't mind me asking.
What are people up to over the winter break? Anything vetty :biggrin: ? I'm not doing much, just spending a few days at the urban farm I've been doing to (will have been there two years in a week's time! Time flies!), but I'm looking forward to having some time off and giving myself a break :tongue: Going paintballing tomorrow though which should be fun! :biggrin:
Reply 4598
Original post by hellos
RVC interview was actually enjoyable, it's amazing how much their interview day layout can relax you before the actual interview parts! Fingers (and everything else) crossed I get an offer there now!

Good luck to all interviews in the coming months!

I thought exactly the same thing, they really put you at ease!
Snap to everything you said
Reply 4599
Just received a 28th Jan interview for Liverpool (for anyone who still doesn't know, yes they send out batches so that everybody has equal time between receiving the email and having the interview). I won't actually be doing that day as they've scheduled it exactly in the middle of the vet parasitology exam (which I'm taking as a 3rd year biovet). So I'll be with you guys the week after.
Anybody else got an email today for this date?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending