The Student Room Group

Veterinary Medicine 2015 hopefuls!

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Rorysss
I got an offer (from edinburgh) but I know some people haven't even interviewed yet so I think they're holding a lot of offers until then.

Congrats :smile: must've got my EU theory wrong then haha
Original post by alwaysalex
Congrats! Me too! I think I saw you at the interview - 17 December?

Congrats! :biggrin:
Probably, I may have seen you as well, I was there 17th too.
Original post by Somevetwannabe
Did any Scottish applicants get an offer from edinburgh? I got an email saying some people won't hear until early march.

I got this email too! I'm hoping it is just to give people who haven't had an interview yet a fair chance?
just received an offer from edinburgh vet school! i'm a scottish student :smile:
Hi I'm new to writing on this thread (but have been following). I only applied for only one veterinary course (Bristol), and haven't heard anything yet. Does anyone know if Bristol send invitations out in batches, or have they all been sent out? I've read up on the university's website that the last interview date is at the end of March.
Thanks in advance! :smile:
Reply 4865
"Sorry but you're having to wait until early March for your decision"

Just when you thought you'd seen it all E'burgh send these emails out after telling us at the interview day in December: "all decisions will be sent out end of January/early February".
Is this email just a way of letting me down gently ?
Has anybody actually received a rejection from E'burgh today ??
And how can they justify giving some people an offer today whilst keeping many more hanging on for a further 2 months ???

The fair and sympathetic way to inform people (rejection or offer; no ifs/buts/maybes) is to do it for all at the same time surely.

Rant over.

Still wanna be a vet, even at Edinburgh :smile:
I have interviews at Liverpool Bristol and Nottingham but yet to hear from Edinburgh. Will me being an English application make a difference??
Taa lovelies :smile:
Reply 4867
Yayyy well done everyone getting Edinburgh offers today!! Does anyone know (or would like to hazard a guess at) what the ratio of Scottish to English places there are? I know there are 36 English places, so do you think there would be the same amount for the Scots or more? I know that Ed have quite a few internationals
Reply 4868
Hey everyone, I've applied to Edinburgh as well but still haven't heard anything! I'm from Ireland and just wondering of anyone else from Ireland has heard anything? Cheers
For anyone that got an Edi offer today, did your EUCLID page update at all or did you only hear through Track? :smile:
Original post by CanineVet
For anyone that got an Edi offer today, did your EUCLID page update at all or did you only hear through Track? :smile:

My EUCLID page updated.
Congrats!! :smile:
Original post by CanineVet

Both, emails came within 5 minutes of each other.
Original post by ABC05
Yayyy well done everyone getting Edinburgh offers today!! Does anyone know (or would like to hazard a guess at) what the ratio of Scottish to English places there are? I know there are 36 English places, so do you think there would be the same amount for the Scots or more? I know that Ed have quite a few internationals

I have no idea myself but would be very interested in finding out more :smile:
Original post by ShellySpielberg
My EUCLID page updated.
Congrats!! :smile:

Original post by alwaysalex
Both, emails came within 5 minutes of each other.

Thank you so much and congrats to you both! Ah right that's strange because only my UCAS has updated and now it is making me panic a tad :P I'll drop them an email some point tomorrow to question what is going on. I am worried they've gave the offer to the wrong person (i.e. me) haha! :smile: Thanks!
Original post by Towy
Hi I'm new to writing on this thread (but have been following). I only applied for only one veterinary course (Bristol), and haven't heard anything yet. Does anyone know if Bristol send invitations out in batches, or have they all been sent out? I've read up on the university's website that the last interview date is at the end of March.
Thanks in advance! :smile:

I have also applied to Bristol and haven't heard anything. Last I heard they still have more interview invites to give out :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hi,
Just wondering if anybody else has heard from Surrey since their interview? I had my interview on 7th January.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by ABC05

I know that, for Glasgow, they have somewhere in the region of 120 places, of which around 70 get given to Scottish/UK applicants (unfortunately don't know the ratio of this stat!) So I would imagine that the ratios will be roughly the same for Eddy.
Original post by megannlizz
Hi,
Just wondering if anybody else has heard from Surrey since their interview? I had my interview on 7th January.

hey yaeh i wasat that interview date, I got my offer through the next day :smile:
Original post by sophierachael
I'm on the waiting list too but haven't heard anything since! Could be waiting till May 5th just for a rejection! :frown:

I know! i hate this!!

I was thinking though, it could be that they are going to interview everyone else, and then if they're not as good as they hoped or they don't get as many applicants they like in interview, then they might invite us to "fill in the gaps"?

That's how I am thinking of it right now, to keep my hopes high :wink:
I got my offer the next day as well- i was really surprised as they said we'd only hear by 31st March! I also got an update on UCAS track yesterday saying they have now given me an unconditional offer! So shocked/excited/amazed!!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending