Join TSR now and get answers to all your questions about uniSign up now

ReputationRep:
    Hi! I have an Edinburgh interview coming up and I was wondering how everyone prepared/is preparing for the numeracy and scientific data interpretation stations? Thanks and hope everyone's applications are going well

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rachelhannah)
    Hi! I have an Edinburgh interview coming up and I was wondering how everyone prepared/is preparing for the numeracy and scientific data interpretation stations? Thanks and hope everyone's applications are going well

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Honestly, i didn't... the numeracy station is simple. And for scientific interpretation just talk freely and practice talking about random graphs, diagrams, tables and applying your own scientific knowledge to them, I guess
    Sorry if I'm not that helpful... Good luck!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ShellySpielberg)
    Hey! I've got 4 interviews as well, and 2 offers. Mind my asking where yours are?
    Congrats as well

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Well done! Congrats! I've got an offer from Bristol and interviews at RVC, Surrey and Nottingham! How about you?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by wanttobevet)
    Perhaps you could post some suggestions regarding 'how to get interviews', apart from being obviously brilliant. I suspect someone who gets 4 interviews is doing something right that the rest of us could try and emulate and certainly learn from if we are applying again next year. Thanks
    With regards on how to get interviews I would just sort of say that you need to be individual in your personal statement. Mention your work experience (explicitly say what type of experience you have and for how long) then expand on cases later. Talk about your interests (equine, small animal, cardiology etc) and save outside interests for the end. Talk about leadership roles and other things you've done that you think might relate and link very thing you say to veterinary medicine! What qualities a vet needs and why you think you have them. Try to strike a balance between confident and cocky and good luck to anyone reapplying or who will apply in future years!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kate20)
    Well done! Congrats! I've got an offer from Bristol and interviews at RVC, Surrey and Nottingham! How about you?
    Congrats on bristol!
    I've got offers from Cambridge and Edinburgh, and interviews at Surrey and Nottingham coming up.
    When are your Surrey and Nottingham interviews? Maybe see you there

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Congrats on bristol!
    I've got offers from Cambridge and Edinburgh, and interviews at Surrey and Nottingham coming up.
    When are your Surrey and Nottingham interviews? Maybe see you there

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Well done with Cambridge and Edinburgh! Surrey on Wednesday and Nottingham 4th Feb!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by higgsvet95)
    Thanks for the help. It's just so disheartening to get rejected when I know people with AAB and less work experience than me who have got into Nottingham just last year. My interview for Bristol is 4th feb, yours? Best of luck with everything.
    I know it's very frustrating but I didn't really enjoy their online questionnaire and I think that will have been my downfall! My interview is 25th Feb and you, hope you get another interview too!

ReputationRep:
    Hey everyone

Quick question re Liverpool applicants...
    Is anyone still waiting to receive their Work Exp Questionnaire? I haven't heard a thing from Liverpool and haven't been sent the WEQ to fill in so I'm thinking that's not really a good sign at all :-/

Ps. Congrats to everyone who has received offers! Very well done guys :-D

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gerty)
    Hey, for those who received an offer for Edinburgh, do we need to send a reply or anything? It said 'Action Required' on the email but I can't see anywhere that it specifically asks us to confirm... Thanks!
    Sorry can't help with your question but I was just wondering when you got your Edinburgh offer? I've got an interview on the 28th and I'm not sure how fast they are with offers following this... thanks

ReputationRep:
    Honestly, i didn't... the numeracy station is simple. And for scientific interpretation just talk freely and practice talking about random graphs, diagrams, tables and applying your own scientific knowledge to them, I guess
    Sorry if I'm not that helpful... Good luck!!
    Thank you! Ahh okay, that's good- I'm glad the numeracy station is simple because it was really stressing me out hahaha! Ah, that's really helpful, I'll definitely do that! thanks very much

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Does anybody know if SAAS fund the college of animal welfare (CAW) the Edinburgh campus? :-)

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    When did people start to hear back after Liverpool interview last year?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by emma.perry4)
    Sorry can't help with your question but I was just wondering when you got your Edinburgh offer? I've got an interview on the 28th and I'm not sure how fast they are with offers following this... thanks
    I got my offer on 13th January and my interview was 17th December, so roughly a month later! They told us not to expect to hear from them until the end of January/ start of February so it was the most pleasant surprise I've ever received! Best of luck with your interview, I really enjoyed mine

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gerty)
    I got my offer on 13th January and my interview was 17th December, so roughly a month later! They told us not to expect to hear from them until the end of January/ start of February so it was the most pleasant surprise I've ever received! Best of luck with your interview, I really enjoyed mine
    That's good then, don't want to be waiting without even a rough idea! ?Thanks did you prepare much for it? I'm pretty nervous but I've heard the interviews are nice and its not too bad

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone done the Liverpool stations before that cam five any advice on what stations they do, what to expect, experiences and any advise? I don't have an interview yet but I also haven't applied anywhere else and so don't want to mess up my only interview (if I get one) xxx

ReputationRep:
    Have surrey only given out offers to people the day after their interviews or has anyone who had an earlier interview received an offer later than the next day? this makes less sense typed out than it did in my head... Thank you in advance. Also well done to everyone progressing with their application, and hang in there to all who are still waiting on responses!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lana241189)
    Has anyone done the Liverpool stations before that cam five any advice on what stations they do, what to expect, experiences and any advise? I don't have an interview yet but I also haven't applied anywhere else and so don't want to mess up my only interview (if I get one) xxx
    Please note everyone - it is totally against TSR policy to give out detailed info about any interviews/tasks.

You can give general info ('I was interviewed by a panel of 3 people' or ' There was one role play assessment' etc) but do NOT give out info on specifics as this gives others an unfair advantage. And remember - you are competing with these people for a place - do you really want them to have any advantage you didnt?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by D of T)
    PM me if you want more specific Bristol interview advice
    See the warning in my post above!

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone got an offer from Bristol yet?? I had an interview on the 14th and I've been put on hold, not sure if that means I'm now likely to be rejected haha:/ Good luck to all you future vets out there! x

ReputationRep:
    Got rejected from RVC for veterinary nursing. I wish to study veterinary medicine and this was more of a 'if I suddenly change my mind' option, so I really would have never took it. I am shocked though, I have A LOT of work experience, lots of extracurricular things, my application was strong and I got AAAB retaking the B. I thought veterinary nursing was not that difficult! Makes me scared about my 2 remaining vetmed universities..

Poll
If you won £30,000, which of these would you spend it on?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.