Join TSR now and get answers to all your questions about uniSign up now
    • TSR Support Team
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by adekunle)
    hi guys,
    this is the vet bmat question for 2014? Its about humans gain more from treating animals or something like that...
    Does anyone have for and against arguments for this topic please?
    If you please feel free to share what you think about this topic
    Think it was 'Veterinary medicine is more concerned with the benefit of humans than non-human animals', or something of that ilk.

What do you want the arguments for?
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sydneybridge)
    Vet Medicine Offers page : http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/wiki...ristol.2C_D100

Please complete your details/applications/offers/holds.

Very helpful to other 2015 applicants, and future applicants.
    More people are on here: http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/conn...inary_medicine

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Little Tail Chaser)
    More people are on here: http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/conn...inary_medicine

Excellent! THanks for the link.

(Except some entries are from the previous cycle ....)

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys, any idea where I can get myself updated with current issues etc? Edinburgh and rvc interview this week 😱😱

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys, well done to everyone for getting offers and interviews! Just wondering, if Bristol haven't replied by now can I assume that's a rejection or will they tell you you've been rejected?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by regsyl)
    Hey guys, any idea where I can get myself updated with current issues etc? Edinburgh and rvc interview this week
    Ideas ....

* Animal to Human transmission - Ebola, swine flu etc (known as zoonosis)

* Overuse of antibiotics/drug resistance/convincing drug companies to invest in drugs with a built in obsolescence because of resistance etc.

* Milk prices/dairy industry.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TillyM)
    Hey guys, well done to everyone for getting offers and interviews! Just wondering, if Bristol haven't replied by now can I assume that's a rejection or will they tell you you've been rejected?

Bristol will be offering more interviews - they release interview dates gradually to make sure they fill up - and so offer interviews to applicants on Hold in 'batches'.

If you are still on Hold dont despair yet!

ReputationRep:
    What should a guy wear to a veterinary interview? I've heard people say suits but I think that'd be too formal? Any help PLEASE?!?!?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by WannaBeVet2015)
    What should a guy wear to a veterinary interview? I've heard people say suits but I think that'd be too formal? Any help PLEASE?!?!?
    A suit is fine - this is a effectively a job interview for a professional role after all. But dark trousers and a smart open necked shirt with a dark colour sweater would also be fine. DO NOT wear jeans or t-shirts - that really gives a very bad impression.

ReputationRep:
    Bristol will be offering more interviews - they release interview dates gradually to make sure they fill up - and so offer interviews to applicants on Hold in 'batches'.

Okay thanks for your help

ReputationRep:

Just wondering, how do you know if you're on hold? The last thing I heard from Bristol was a few months back. It was an email saying they're still reviewing my application, and I've not heard anything since.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Excellent! THanks for the link.

(Except some entries are from the previous cycle ....)
    Yeah, those pages are prettier but to be honest I did prefer the old stalking pages They were just... more orderly? It would be better if nursing and medicine were separated and if there was more differentiation between 2024, 2015 and 2016 applicants.

(Original post by regsyl)
    Hey guys, any idea where I can get myself updated with current issues etc? Edinburgh and rvc interview this week
    http://www.bva.co.uk/News-campaigns-...licy/Newsroom/
    http://www.fwi.co.uk/
    http://www.vetsonline.com/news.html
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health/

I just checked their registration page, there are two interview days still accepting registrations and three accepting waitlists. Looks like there's still some spaces left so don't give up hope! Either way they'll definitely let you know the outcome of your application; if it unfortunately turns out to be a rejection it should appear on UCAS.

(Original post by WannaBeVet2015)
    I've only attended one interview so far but at the one I went to (RVC) quite a few guys were wearing suits and ties. I think it's better to be overdressed than underdressed

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alwaysalex)
    It all depends on what group you're in, which you'll find out on the day. Some people are interviewed at 1, some at 2, and some at 3, and the interview lasts about 50 minutes. As soon as your interview finishes you're free to leave but you might like to stay and go on a tour / talk to current students that will be hanging around.
    Thank you

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Towy)
    Just wondering, how do you know if you're on hold? The last thing I heard from Bristol was a few months back. It was an email saying they're still reviewing my application, and I've not heard anything since.
    You are on Hold. This doesnt mean you WILL get an interview but it certainly doesnt mean a Rejection either. Just be patient for a bit longer.

Have you got any other offers or interviews?
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Bit of a dumb question, but what happens if you're unable to attend an interview due to the weather? I'm going by plane/train/coach to all of mine so I'm very much at the mercy of the operators if more snow arrives. Has this happened to anybody in the past?

ReputationRep:
    Any international students on here had a phone interview with Nottingham? Do they still follow an mmi format for those?

ReputationRep:
    Can someone please help me with cat vaccinations? I am trying to freshen up my knowledge for my interviews, and can't remember the schedule for which boosters cats get, or how long they last before they need re-boosting...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Little Tail Chaser)
    Bit of a dumb question, but what happens if you're unable to attend an interview due to the weather? I'm going by plane/train/coach to all of mine so I'm very much at the mercy of the operators if more snow arrives. Has this happened to anybody in the past?
    If this happens, ie. you are stranded at the airport and all flights are cancelled, then immediately phone the Uni and explain. They will try to book you on another day, or will tell you if its okay to just turn up late on that day. It wont mean you get rejected ! Promise !

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ailsab96)
    Can someone please help me with cat vaccinations? I am trying to freshen up my knowledge for my interviews, and can't remember the schedule for which boosters cats get, or how long they last before they need re-boosting...
    Some veterinary practises will have different suppliers but Virbac and MSD animal health's websites are really good with a lits if all the drugs they supply and each comes with a data sheet which describes how often the dose is required etc..

From the practise I was at I think we gave Feligen RCP (from virbac) once a year which vaccinated against infectious enteritis, rhinotracheitis virus-1 and feline calcivirus and we gave leucogen annually for leukemia virus. Kittens were vaccinated at 9 weeks and then 3-4 weeks later with RCP. The same is given if the drugs are Nobivac (from MSD) but it is called the Nobivac Tricat Trio. Vaccinations can also be given for feline chlamydophilia conjunctivitis but I don't know how often sorry! I hope this is right and what you wanted, if anything doesnt make sense just go to those websites)

ReputationRep:
    last year heard nothing until about Jan 23 then got interview on Feb 19 and offer 6 days later
    my memory was they gave out interviews until mid Feb then started rejecting the rest

Poll
If you won £30,000, which of these would you spend it on?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.