The Student Room Group

Veterinary Medicine 2015 hopefuls!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 5360
Original post by evian.
And here :frown: I havent heard anyone who has..
I heard some people were having interviews for it still on wednesday though so maybe itll still be another week or so for us to hear if they have to discuss those interviews now also.

So there are still a few last minute accelerated interviews being given?
Fair enough, makes sense, I just know the last proper big interview day for UK apps was 18th of Dec, then internationals.

In the scheme of things it isnt so long! :smile:
Do RVC send out interviews all at the same time? As offers got sent out yesterday
Reply 5362
Original post by harrii_walker
Do RVC send out interviews all at the same time? As offers got sent out yesterday

No. definitely not

A first batch of perhaps 15% then a much larger batch to follow. Last year it was 10 days later

For all of you who are waiting (and havent been rejected) dont despair. In exactly the same position last year and it worked out fine
Congrats everyone with RVC offers, hopefully see you there in September :biggrin: I'll be the really old one...

And to those still waiting, hang in there, I know it's a miserable wait at times but it won't be long now! Best of luck!
Is there a limit to resits for veterinary?
Original post by mollyvet
What is sounds like re. RVC is a similar thing to last year - giving offers to the top 15% from each interview date in the "first wave" and then giving the other top 35% or so their offers a couple of weeks later. However, what also happened last year was that a large swathe got rejected in the "first wave"...so who knows what's happening! That would explain the fact that someone from each date seems to have an offer, while a lot of us are kept waiting. Keep hoping y'all!

Yes, some people were rejected yesterday. I have no idea how many though. If it's the same as last year and if people on here are to be believed then 20% of interviewees will have been rejected by now, but I don't have any statements from the RVC to prove that, and it is apparent from the dates that they *are* doing things slightly differently this time around.

If it is the case, then people still waiting have a reasonably good chance. About 65% of interviewees get an offer (based on the statistics they gave), and if 15% and 20% of people got offers and rejections respectively, then the remaining choices are the other 50% of offers and the other 15% of rejections.

As usual this is speculation blah blah blah blah :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Is there a limit to resits for veterinary?

Check with each place individually, some places are less keen on resits than others.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Little Tail Chaser
Check with each place individually, some places are less keen on resits than others.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Only 5 of the universities actually accept resit candidates- Liverpool, Nottingham, Surrey, RVC and Bristol. At Bristol they only accept resit candidates who have missed one subject by one grade. Also Liverpool only allow you to apply twice, not sure if there's a limit anywhere else though.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Yes, some people were rejected yesterday. I have no idea how many though. If it's the same as last year and if people on here are to be believed then 20% of interviewees will have been rejected by now, but I don't have any statements from the RVC to prove that, and it is apparent from the dates that they *are* doing things slightly differently this time around.

If it is the case, then people still waiting have a reasonably good chance. About 65% of interviewees get an offer (based on the statistics they gave), and if 15% and 20% of people got offers and rejections respectively, then the remaining choices are the other 50% of offers and the other 15% of rejections.

As usual this is speculation blah blah blah blah :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile

How do you know some rejections were given ?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Received an offer from RVC yesterday of AAA! Overjoyed:smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by megannlizz
Only 5 of the universities actually accept resit candidates- Liverpool, Nottingham, Surrey, RVC and Bristol. At Bristol they only accept resit candidates who have missed one subject by one grade. Also Liverpool only allow you to apply twice, not sure if there's a limit anywhere else though.

Posted from TSR Mobile

What about individual unit resits? Like part of AS biology or something?
What about individual unit resits? Like part of AS biology or something?

It's the same for those. I think a resit counts and resitting any part of your a level, because that's what I'm doing this year- just resitting a few modules. I rang round all the unis in August when I decided what I was doing and it turned out RVC, Liverpool, Nottingham and Surrey were the only 4 that would allow me. It could be worth ringing round like I did and explaining your personal situation to make sure.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I've seen a lot of people sounding quite disheartened lately so I just wanted to offer a bit of inspiration! Don't worry if you haven't heard yet - there are still plenty of RVC offers to come. Also, just because you haven't heard from anywhere else doesn't mean one university is less likely to be interested; I've had two rejections before interview and still haven't heard from Bristol so I really didn't think RVC would give me an offer! Also, a gap year isn't the end of the world. I chose the wrong subjects at A Level so I'm studying AS and A2 Biology in my year out; I guess I'm kind of on a gap year but I'm a first time applicant. However, I still wasn't horrified by the prospect of taking another year out. Who doesn't want to bum around for a year, jetting off on holiday when you want and working with animals all the time!? If you want it, you will work hard for it and you WILL get it, it will be worth the stressful wait! Good luck everyone:smile:
Original post by evian.
How do you know some rejections were given ?

Posted from TSR Mobile

A friend of someone whom I trust completely was unfortunately rejected.

Up to you whether or not you want to believe the testimony of the friend of a friend of a random stranger online :wink:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Also to add, two years ago (2013 cycle), the RVC didn't give out any offers until late March, so I think we should consider ourselves lucky that they haven't left us hanging on with false hope :tongue:

That's according to TSR, I'm not in the 2013 fb group (I have frees all morning, can you tell I get bored? :lol: )

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by megannlizz
It's the same for those. I think a resit counts and resitting any part of your a level, because that's what I'm doing this year- just resitting a few modules. I rang round all the unis in August when I decided what I was doing and it turned out RVC, Liverpool, Nottingham and Surrey were the only 4 that would allow me. It could be worth ringing round like I did and explaining your personal situation to make sure.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I have an interview at Edinburgh and I resat one AS module - I'm not saying they won't reject me after interview but if they didn't want resits and we're going to reject me for it then it would have made sense to reject me before and not waste their time interviewing me. So I think it's just A2 or whole year resits that Edinburgh don't like :smile:
Hey hope all's going well with everyone. I also got an offer from RVC yesterday which I am so insanely happy and grateful for. I think however that the order of interview date being reflected in the date of offer theory can't be quite correct, as my interview was the day before my offer (4th Feb) so I think the order must be pretty random, so if you haven't heard I think it really is a case of no news is good news. Good luck to everyone still waiting to hear from anywhere or with interviews still to go!
Reply 5377
Any non EU internationals hear from RVC yet?
Reply 5378
A friend of someone whom I trust completely was unfortunately rejected.

Up to you whether or not you want to believe the testimony of the friend of a friend of a random stranger online :wink:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I think it's probably down to the fact that people with offers are all gonna share it but if I'd had a rejection I probably wouldn't want to say! So there could well have been the same number of each!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Any international students interviewed in Singapore gotten offers yet?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending