Join TSR now and get answers to all your questions about uniSign up now

ReputationRep:
    [QUOTE=Bloobles96;53711185]
    (Original post by 0802)
    For the nottingham interview do we need a photocopy of our national insurance number or just the original paper?? Thanks in advance

You only need the original of that; you need copies of your passport, birth certificate, both driving licence parts and two bills/ bank statements showing your address.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Ok thanks ... Dow e need to fill the DbS form out before we go?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Yep, you get about five minutes scheduled into your afternoon where someone goes over all your stuff and fills out their bits- put United Kingdom rather than England when it asks for your country though 😜

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Vethopeful1996)
    Hopefully this will work...
    Thank you!

ReputationRep:
    Hi everyone, Just wondering if anyone has heard yet from RVC following interview? (if yes - when was your interview, + what are your predicted grades - if you're happy to say)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Enevolh)
    Hi everyone, Just wondering if anyone has heard yet from RVC following interview? (if yes - when was your interview, + what are your predicted grades - if you're happy to say)
    RVC gave out a batch of offers a few weeks ago (4th, 5th and 6th of Feb). I got an offer on the 6th, my interview was the 11th of December, my predicted grades are A*A*AA, but the offer is AAA. I keep hearing speculation about when the next lot of offers will be, but I guess we'll have to wait and see.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Enevolh)
    HIya Thank you! and well done on your offer! i will go post this in that forum then tbh I'm kinda confused as to why they told us at interview we would definitely hear by the first week of february latest. When did you have your interview?
    Just answering your quote from the other thread in here Thank you very much! I know they have been delayed by the looks of it as only some of us have heard but they did say it would take time and that it would be done progressively not simultaneously. I had my interview on 17th December and I'm a Scottish applicant. I don't actually know what I got predicted but I think it was AAA in my advanced highers and an A in my extra, crash higher (like A2's and AS's respectively - we don't do A*'s). I got an offer for AA in my Advanced Highers and a C in Higher Physics. Hopefully you and everyone else waiting will hear this week!

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone know if Liverpool are handing out any more interview dates or are they all handed out?

I haven't got conformation about my work experience form either :confused:

ReputationRep:
    Hi everyone,
    I managed to get an interview for the Veterinary gateway programme at the RVC (thank god) and I have my interview coming up on the 25th of February!!! I'm so nervous and have no idea what to expect? If any of you have any information or tips about how is generally works or what the different sections are, that'd be great. Also does anyone know if we have to bring anything as I've seen for other vet unis they've had to bring lots of paper work?
    Also if anyone else has one then let me know
    Thank you so much in advance,
    Chantelle

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone who was rejected by Nottingham pre-interview had their rejection come through on UCAS yet?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ailsab96)
    Has anyone who was rejected by Nottingham pre-interview had their rejection come through on UCAS yet?
    No - I think they're waiting in case you transferred to another course. As well, they sometimes keep you in case people can't make interviews etc

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ailsab96)
    Mine came through on UCAS only quite a bit before my letter arrived. (Probably cuz I'm international.)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AnimalArk)
    Mine came through on UCAS only quite a bit before my letter arrived. (Probably cuz I'm international.)
    That's interesting, I though all internationals got emails. That's how I found out about mine. They didn't update my UCAS because they give most people the option of being considered for a different course.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sax123)
    No - I think they're waiting in case you transferred to another course. As well, they sometimes keep you in case people can't make interviews etc

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Okay thanks
    I got one of those letters with loads of other course options on it, and it said I had until February 6th to transfer, so I was hoping the rejection would have gone through by now- I guess not!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Got an offer from nottingham for animal science (they said I could apply for another degree, but rejected for vetmed). Probably won't take this, looks interesting but I am more interested in veterinary medicine, and obviously want the job of being a vet! Would do postgraduate, but 8 years in uni is a lot when you may as well do 3 years out, expensive too.

Still waiting on Nottingham and Surrey, it is getting a bit late though.

ReputationRep:
    Hi, I was wondering if anyone has had work experience at a zoo in the UK? Did you have an interview beforehand if so? Ive got a placement interview coming up so want to be prepared.

Im a 1st year at RVC (Gateway student before) so if anyone has any questions feel free to ask
    • TSR Support Team
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jenn6)
    Hi, I was wondering if anyone has had work experience at a zoo in the UK? Did you have an interview beforehand if so? Ive got a placement interview coming up so want to be prepared.

Im actually a 1st year at RVC so if anyone has any questions feel free to ask
    Yup, I've been to a zoo (Paradise Park) I had an interview about 6 weeks before my placement but it was really nothing to worry about. Mainly they just asked me why I wanted to go there, what I wanted to get out of the placement, what I expected to be doing... that sort of thing.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Little Tail Chaser)
    Yup, I've been to a zoo (Paradise Park) I had an interview about 6 weeks before my placement but it was really nothing to worry about. Mainly they just asked me why I wanted to go there, what I wanted to get out of the placement, what I expected to be doing... that sort of thing.
    I think I went to the same zoo as you... it's in Broxbourne right?!

EDIT: My bad, just realised there's one in Cornwall too...
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    I think I went to the same zoo as you... it's in Broxbourne right?!
    Yup!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Little Tail Chaser)
    Yup!
    Awesome! Are you local to Hertfordshire?
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Awesome! Are you local to Hertfordshire?
    Eh, not really, it was a bit of a trek to get there each day to be honest. I live in London but I have done a couple of placements out in Herts :yep: (Also it's fortunate that Oysters can be used at Broxbourne station! )

Poll
Which web browser do you use?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.