Join TSR now and get answers to all your questions about uniSign up now

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Little Tail Chaser)
    Eh, not really, it was a bit of a trek to get there each day to be honest. I live in London but I have done a couple of placements out in Herts :yep: (Also it's fortunate that Oysters can be used at Broxbourne station! )
    Fair enough, it's scary to think of the distance most of us have probably travelled for work experience placements... Not sure I want to know how much money I've spent :eek:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ShellySpielberg)
    Cambridge, Edinburgh, and Surrey. But I'm really interested in Nottingham's course and I really haven't decided on any insurance yet
    oh my god wow! congratulations! How did that other person know you got three other offers? I think you should do your best regardless of how many other offers you have

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ailsab96)
    Has anyone who was rejected by Nottingham pre-interview had their rejection come through on UCAS yet?
    I did!
    • TSR Support Team
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Vethopeful1996)
    Fair enough, it's scary to think of the distance most of us have probably travelled for work experience placements... Not sure I want to know how much money I've spent :eek:
    Ugh, tell me about it. I'm pretty sure that travel + accommodation for work experience have legitimately been my greatest expenses over the past couple of years . I try to be frugal, but sometimes there's just nothing you can do. I'd be screwed without The Train Line to be honest

ReputationRep:
    Yeah i have! I didn't have an interview though, all I can imagine they'd ask you is stuff like what you'll be expected to do, safety regarding the types of animals you'll be dealing with etc. You'll have a great time! It's hard work but really good fun

ReputationRep:
    Yup!
    Me too! Small world :P

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Alex15)
    Me too! Small world :P

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Ahh, Paradise seems to be the only place for miles that will take people for wex (for free... looking at you, London Zoo :colonhash: ) Was great fun though, which section were you on? I was on paddocks

ReputationRep:
    Ahh, Paradise seems to be the only place for miles that will take people for wex (for free... looking at you, London Zoo :colonhash: ) Was great fun though, which section were you on? I was on paddocks
    I was on birds! I thought it would be awful but it was so much fun!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I was on birds! I thought it would be awful but it was so much fun!

Posted from TSR Mobile

I was on paddocks too, I loved it although they did work us crazily hard and we didn't get to do all that much with the animals think I hand fed some tapirs on my last day though, that was the best!

ReputationRep:
    I was on paddocks too, I loved it although they did work us crazily hard and we didn't get to do all that much with the animals think I hand fed some tapirs on my last day though, that was the best!
    I fed the Penguins on 4 out of 5 days, they were adorable!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Jealous! I really wanted to work on birds!
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    It was hard work but good fun I loooooved the Tapirs! They rolled over and everything when you gave them a belly rub

I'm well jel, that looked super fun

I went for a mosey over to the birds part during one of my breaks, it looked really interesting. Did you get to help with the falconry displays?

ReputationRep:
    It was hard work but good fun I loooooved the Tapirs! They rolled over and everything when you gave them a belly rub

I'm well jel, that looked super fun

I went for a mosey over to the birds part during one of my breaks, it looked really interesting. Did you get to help with the falconry displays?
    Yes! I got to fly two of the owls on one of the days, it was fun but slightly terrifying at the same time!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Offer from rvc!!!!!!!!!!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by steekay)
    Offer from rvc!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Me too!
    Looks like they've finally gotten around to the internationals

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by misras)
    Me too!
    Looks like they've finally gotten around to the internationals
    FINALLY!!!

ReputationRep:
    Hey
    Well done to those of you who have got offers so far!
    I was wondering how many of you did work experience at a pig farm, and if so, how long you spent there?
    Thank you

ReputationRep:
    Yes! I got to fly two of the owls on one of the days, it was fun but slightly terrifying at the same time!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Ahh I went here too!! I was there for about 2 months one summer before my first degree. Best memories, I was meerkat and wallaby queen .

I don't know why but I loved making everyone's dinner. Found it therapeutic

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nox1)
    Hey
    Well done to those of you who have got offers so far!
    I was wondering how many of you did work experience at a pig farm, and if so, how long you spent there?
    Thank you
    I did one week of work experience on a pig farm

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by steekay)
    FINALLY!!!
    Hey if you don't mind, when and where did you have your interview :0

Poll
Which Fantasy Franchise is the best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.