The Student Room Group

Veterinary Medicine 2015 hopefuls!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 6080
Original post by yesgeorgie
Do you remember what time abouts you got the phone calls? :smile: congratulations!

Thank you :-) Umm the ones on my mobile were around 16:30 and the one on the home phone was 16:45 or something like that.. I had my phone in my pocket the whole time and didn't feel/ hear it ring! I really wasn't expexting to hear from notts so soon. Best of luck to you if you're waiting ! Xx
Original post by lana241189
Does anyone know what date the majority of Liverpool offers were sent out last year? xxx Congrats to everyone holding offers. It pays off eventually :-) I hope....

According to the 2014 Stalking Page, most offers were given out on 27th/28th March, with some going out the previous week (21st).

Posted from TSR Mobile
Thank you. I may go a little crazy. do you know if there are many rejections prior to this? I have only seen 1 and I know most would not like to tell people this. xxx
Original post by lana241189
Thank you. I may go a little crazy. do you know if there are many rejections prior to this? I have only seen 1 and I know most would not like to tell people this. xxx

I'm pretty sure that they've rejected everybody that they're not going to interview, but I wasn't aware of any post-interview rejections being given out yet. There's nobody on the Stalking Page that got an interview and a rejection in 2014, but in 2013 rejections were given on the same day as offers (28th March), so I assume they're doing the same this year.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Yeah ok thanks. xx
I've been rejected by 3/4 unis and I'm just waiting to hear from Nottingham post interview now. I'm expecting a rejection so I'm looking into planning work experience etc for reapplication this October. I don't want to book anything until I know for definite that I've been rejected but I also don't want to leave it too late and find it really hard to find somewhere with space for me! Do you think if I ring nottingham up and explain this they would tell me if I have an offer/rejection? Thanks 😊

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Alex15
I've been rejected by 3/4 unis and I'm just waiting to hear from Nottingham post interview now. I'm expecting a rejection so I'm looking into planning work experience etc for reapplication this October. I don't want to book anything until I know for definite that I've been rejected but I also don't want to leave it too late and find it really hard to find somewhere with space for me! Do you think if I ring nottingham up and explain this they would tell me if I have an offer/rejection? Thanks ������

Posted from TSR Mobile

I don't think they would becasue it's always the generic you'll hear by the end of March. I wouldn't give up hope on Nottingham you never know what will happen! Maybe just send a few emails and make a few calls to book some work experience just in case. I got rejected from all 4 last year and I had work experience planned back to back from September to Christmas. If they do give you an offer you can just cancel the placements.
Good luck
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Alex15
I've been rejected by 3/4 unis and I'm just waiting to hear from Nottingham post interview now. I'm expecting a rejection so I'm looking into planning work experience etc for reapplication this October. I don't want to book anything until I know for definite that I've been rejected but I also don't want to leave it too late and find it really hard to find somewhere with space for me! Do you think if I ring nottingham up and explain this they would tell me if I have an offer/rejection? Thanks

Posted from TSR Mobile

Sorry to hear about your rejections, but don't give up hope just yet! It can be hard to gauge how an interview went, I know there are several reports on here of people getting in following an unsatisfying interview. If they asked you really tricky questions then that might have been because you'd answered the other ones well, and they were just trying to grill you to push you to your limit. You're still in the game!

As for your question, it's very unlikely that they'd let you know. First of all, they may simply not have even reached a decision about your application yet. I think they try and get responses out ASAP, but the process takes time, they're not deliberately leaving you in the dark. It would also be hard to verify who you are on the phone, plus it would be unfair to the other applicants to make them wait.

In terms of your predicament, most places are hoping to give out responses by the end of the month- if you're applying for placements a few months away then will a couple of weeks really make a difference? Last year I applied for some placements in early July that I then went to later that month and in August. Granted, I don't recommend doing it that way (was kinda a last minute decision that I was defo gonna try applying for D100 :tongue: ), but it can definitely be done. If you are really worried about placements, you could book them really far in advance for summer 2016, that way you'll be able to (possibly) go as a vet student :smile:
Original post by Vethopeful1996
I'm guessing you did? Congratulations! Are you EU or international? If so that might explain why you got an email rather than phone call :smile:

Thank you! :smile: Im so happy! I am an international, so that is probably why. hehe
Original post by harewo
Yeah I did, i think for me it was because on the Friday I missed three phone calls to my mobile and one to the home phone because I was at work so on Monday they gave up and just emailed me! I'm so excited to have my offer but it would have been nice to speak to my interviewer I think, but I'm definitely not complaining! Congratulations though, maybe see you in September :smile: xxx

Well at least I wasn't the only one hehe, Thank you! Congratulations to you too! :smile: Yeah maybe see you in September.
Hey, has anyone had an offer from Nottingham who had Nigel and Cecile as their interviewers? Thank you :smile:
Original post by Alex15
I've been rejected by 3/4 unis and I'm just waiting to hear from Nottingham post interview now. I'm expecting a rejection so I'm looking into planning work experience etc for reapplication this October. I don't want to book anything until I know for definite that I've been rejected but I also don't want to leave it too late and find it really hard to find somewhere with space for me! Do you think if I ring nottingham up and explain this they would tell me if I have an offer/rejection? Thanks ������

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hey, I rang them the other day and they told me they hadn't reached a decision yet, so they probably have not got to it. They aim to make decisions by the end of March but they told me to not be surprised if I am left hanging until the end of April. Don't lose hope, no offer at the moment doesn't mean no offer at all! My friend received an offer on the 29th April from Nottingham a few years ago.

As for placements, why don't you book them anyway if it is a few months in advance and then you can always cancel them with plenty of notice?
Original post by Alex15
I've been rejected by 3/4 unis and I'm just waiting to hear from Nottingham post interview now.

Well- first post, here we go.

It hasn't quite sunk in, but after five years of work, I got an unconditional offer from Nottingham on monday. It still hasn't sunk in- but I can't wait to start in September! Eee!

I just wanted to quote this post as this is the exact situation I was in last Friday. All three other Uni's said no, the University that interviewed me prior had sent out a no in October, but Nottingham offered me a place. Don't give up! But, what I would also say, is book work experience anyway (for the summer at least)- despite having my offer I'm actively seeking a bit more work experience for contacts for EMS/so that EMS goes a bit more smoothly as I've seen more prior to starting/just to keep my head a bit more in the 'game' so to speak/for enjoyment - although on the last one, my idea of enjoyment is four weeks of 8pm-6am lambing a shed of awkward texels!
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Pixelbark

It hasn't quite sunk in, but after five years of work, I got an unconditional offer from Nottingham on monday. It still hasn't sunk in- but I can't wait to start in September! Eee!

I just wanted to quote this post as this is the exact situation I was in last Friday. All three other Uni's said no, the University that interviewed me prior had sent out a no in October, but Nottingham offered me a place. Don't give up! But, what I would also say, is book work experience anyway (for the summer at least)- despite having my offer I'm actively seeking a bit more work experience for contacts for EMS/so that EMS goes a bit more smoothly as I've seen more prior to starting/just to keep my head a bit more in the 'game' so to speak/for enjoyment - although on the last one, my idea of enjoyment is four weeks of 8pm-6am lambing a shed of awkward texels!

Congratulations!!! :biggrin: I've got an offer for nottingham too, so ill guess I'll see you there (grades permitting)! :smile: my idea of fun is also lambing, I'm going at easter even though I don't need to anymore :biggrin: nothings better :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Pixelbark

Can I just ask if you have had an update from track with your Nottingham offer? I got an unconditional offer from them too but only have the phone call to prove it and just thought it would have come through by now? Thank :smile:
Greencat55- Fantastic- although my other half thinks we're absolutely insane for having that opinion! I'll look forward to hopefully seeing you there!

HannahHamish- I received my offer in track last night. I was surprised it was so early to be honest as the lady on the phone said it might take up to two weeks: I wouldn't worry, but if you're worried I'd be tempted to give them a ring. I remember the lady who rang me about the offer said if I had any questions/queries just to message them.

Does anyone know if Nottingham does applicant days? Just curious as I'd love to meet a few prospective fellow students.
Still haven't heard from Nottingham :frown: did anyone hear anything yesterday?
Reply 6097
Nope :frown:
Just got a rejection from nottingham in the post, ah well
Reply 6099
Original post by jimmysandwiches
Just got a rejection from nottingham in the post, ah well

Oh no!! Was this for the d100 course?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending