The Student Room Group

Veterinary Medicine 2015 hopefuls!

Scroll to see replies

Original post by 0802
Oh no!! Was this for the d100 course?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah it was
Hi,

has anyone had their interview for Napier yet? and could give me some advice, so nervous for this one.
Reply 6102
I'm going to be really boring with some advice

For all of you with offers, focus on the exams. Strongly advise against doing substantial extra WE during Easter. Do some work and have a rest before the final push

Do revision, do practice exams and make sure you are way above the UMS 80 you need.
Between the end of the exams and results day nearly everybody gets worried that they might have fallen short of 80 in one subject. Suggest play safe
(end of boring rant)
Original post by D of T
I'm going to be really boring with some advice

For all of you with offers, focus on the exams. Strongly advise against doing substantial extra WE during Easter. Do some work and have a rest before the final push

Do revision, do practice exams and make sure you are way above the UMS 80 you need.
Between the end of the exams and results day nearly everybody gets worried that they might have fallen short of 80 in one subject. Suggest play safe
(end of boring rant)

You make a good point! I must not forget to make sure i get the grades :smile: :P it's easy to forget that an offer is not the final say, whether u r going to get into vet school :/

Posted from TSR Mobile
Has anyone, who got an offer from Nottingham, had the letter that we are suppost to get through the post yet? :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Has anyone heard from Edinburgh or Glasgow for vet yet?
Has anybody here applied for veterinary medicine 3 times? I am a reapplicant and have had interviews at all 4 unis and have been rejected by 2/4. I'm still waiting to hear from Liverpool and I have a Surrey interview coming up but I can't help feeling like I'm not going to get in again, and I don't know what I am doing wrong at these interviews. I was wondering if anyone could give me any advice. I have an offer for bioveterinary science at Liverpool but I don't want to do this really as I want to be a vet, but I'm not sure if a second gap year is normal and something many people do.
I've just had an email from the RVC saying I am on a holding list until May 7th dependant on other people's decisions. Anyone else had this?
Hi everyone I applied for the 4 year accelerated graduate entry RVC course and have just had an email through saying I was unsuccessful, however, they were impressed with my application and they want to offer me a place on the 5 year course! Do you know if this happens regularly/ if anyone else has had this offer? thanks!! :smile:
Reply 6110
I have been rejected by nottingham :'(

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by 0802
I have been rejected by nottingham :'(

Posted from TSR Mobile

Me too :frown: I have no idea why either as I thought my interview went relatively well

Posted from TSR Mobile
Did you guys get a letter?
Reply 6113
Original post by vethopeful2015
Me too :frown: I have no idea why either as I thought my interview went relatively well

Posted from TSR Mobile

:frown: I was expecting it because mine didn't go too well.... Have you heard from anywhere else?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 6114
Original post by eceidil13
Did you guys get a letter?

Yep got a letter today

Posted from TSR Mobile
Just got an interview from surrey :biggrin: It's not too late if your on the waiting list !
Is it on the 18th of March?
Original post by sarahelizabethm
Hi everyone I applied for the 4 year accelerated graduate entry RVC course and have just had an email through saying I was unsuccessful, however, they were impressed with my application and they want to offer me a place on the 5 year course! Do you know if this happens regularly/ if anyone else has had this offer? thanks!! :smile:

They said at my interview that this is how they do it that if you don't get accepted into the 4 year course they automatically look at you for the five year course :smile:
I've been emailed as I applied for the accelerated too, and I'm on a holding list for the 4 year?!
Original post by ClaireyStevo
They said at my interview that this is how they do it that if you don't get accepted into the 4 year course they automatically look at you for the five year course :smile:
I've been emailed as I applied for the accelerated too, and I'm on a holding list for the 4 year?!

Ah amazing well done hope you get in! I'm just so happy to have an offer wasn't expecting that at all!
Original post by 0802
:frown: I was expecting it because mine didn't go too well.... Have you heard from anywhere else?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Been rejected from RVC post interview too but I know my interview there went really badly!! Waiting on Liverpool after interview and have an interview at Surrey soon, how about you?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply