The Student Room Group

Veterinary Medicine 2015 hopefuls!

Scroll to see replies

Original post by D of T
Agree with LTC. Always a little careful to avoid direct criticism of people who are trying to be helpful, as I think nearly all of us are. (Last year one of the guys had a barney with an applicants mum and although it was gripping to read it didnt help anyone esp in March which is pretty tense for people without offers so far)
Some of the info on TSR and Facebook is an opinion, not necessarily correct, and we all need to take care before acting on it

I too remember the exchange last year btw the disappointed mum and some really thrilled successful candidates. DoT is absolutely right, this month is going to be very tense and hugely disappointing for some and correspondingly thrilling and exciting for others; there's little in between. So we all owe it to each other to be uncritical of others when they mean well, even if they make mistakes and get things wrong.

for those interested in the exchange from last year.... It had a good outcome.... Ie.

[INDENT]
(Original post by Eisle)
Daughter just had an offer from Bristol after being on hold following her interview on Dec. 11th. Was updated on Ucas track, but no email from Bristol themselves. We had given up hope, so feel worried it's not real! Has anyone else heard after being on hold for a while?

I'm glad your daughter got an offer in the end! I'll bet that's a weight off your mind, right?
[color="#B7B8B8"] 1

Eisle

Rep:

follow

18-03-2014 23:11

[INDENT]Thank you, yes! We had a bit of a spat not so long back, didn't we?! The relief is enormous. She's been very difficult to live with these past few months...and I say that with affectionate irritation. Maybe in October I can go back to living my own life - got that in before you did! ������[/INDENT]
[color="#B7B8B8"] 1

(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 6221
How did people hear back from liverpool last year?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Anybody know if Liverpool have handed out the last of their interviews or not? They are the last I'm to hear from and I know it goes without saying, this waiting game sucks xD
Original post by LadyEcliptic
Anybody know if Liverpool have handed out the last of their interviews or not? They are the last I'm to hear from and I know it goes without saying, this waiting game sucks xD

They've given out invites for the last date (March 18th) but I'm not sure if they've given them all out - I know they give them out at the same time but I assume there's some sort of reserve list. :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
For those of you interested, the lady I spoke to at Liverpool said that they are hoping the first decisions (post-interview) will go out next week :smile:
Original post by Little Tail Chaser
If I may interject, PixelBark said that this person inquired about an offer holder day LAST year. He's therefore likely to be in first year, ergo I'm sure he has a good enough idea of how the process works. Why do you have to be so standoffish? :s-smilie:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thank you first of all. I asked in the first place as I couldn't find any information on an applicant day, and having received a booklet now directly from notts I don't believe there is one officially. They only two dates they have advertised in their 'what to expect next' booklet are June + September uni wide open days which correlates with what I've been told.

Sorry I was just trying to be genuinely helpful. There were a few other people asking and before I asked admissions I thought I'd contact what I still believe to be a reputable third year at notts. I do understand Facebook can be a land of opinion and useless fact, but I fail to see why he'd lie about this. Either way, for anyone interested in visiting before September I'd advise asking admissions about any other dates outside of the university wide open days. :smile:
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by laurensmiley97
They've given out invites for the last date (March 18th) but I'm not sure if they've given them all out - I know they give them out at the same time but I assume there's some sort of reserve list. :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I do't know whether to see that as good or bad... but thank you for responding!!
Original post by wanttobevet

for those interested in the exchange from last year.... It had a good outcome.... Ie.

Heh, thanks for that :tongue: I'd tried to find that post earlier purely for the goss but couldn't find it. Glad to hear it had a happy ending though.

Original post by ailsab96
For those of you interested, the lady I spoke to at Liverpool said that they are hoping the first decisions (post-interview) will go out next week :smile:

Awesome :yy: Fingers crossed everyone!

Original post by Pixelbark
Thank you first of all. I asked in the first place as I couldn't find any information on an applicant day, and having received a booklet now directly from notts I don't believe there is one officially. They only two dates they have advertised in their 'what to expect next' booklet are June + September uni wide open days which correlates with what I've been told.

No worries, it just seemed like sydneybridge was being unnecessarily antagonistic (both to you and the person providing the information!), despite agreeing with you that going to see the university after making firm/insurance decisions is pointless :s-smilie: . Anyway, hope you guys manage to get something sorted out :smile: I haven't actually applied to Notts so I'll butt out now! :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 6228
Any post-interview decisions from Glasgow yet?
Original post by Totsdy
Any post-interview decisions from Glasgow yet?

I think a batch of offers from Glasgow have gone out, because I received an offer last night. :smile:
Original post by aspiredvet
I think a batch of offers from Glasgow have gone out, because I received an offer last night. :smile:

Can i please ask if your Scottish/rest of uk/international/ re app etc? Cheers x
Do Notts send decisions out in batches, it's the last uni i'm waiting to hear from, 3 rejections already 😐

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 6232

How did you get it? Was it on UCAS track or email?

Congratulations!! :biggrin: that's amazing. You're international aren't you? Hopefully we will all hear something soon! :smile: but well done again!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by lorryvethopeful
Can i please ask if your Scottish/rest of uk/international/ re app etc? Cheers x

I am an international applicant
Original post by Totsdy
How did you get it? Was it on UCAS track or email?

I got it on UCAS track last night and this morning I received an email from Glasgow
Original post by CanineVet
Congratulations!! :biggrin: that's amazing. You're international aren't you? Hopefully we will all hear something soon! :smile: but well done again!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thank you! Yes I am international. Good luck, hope you get good news as well! :smile:
Original post by Vethopeful97
Do Notts send decisions out in batches, it's the last uni i'm waiting to hear from, 3 rejections already 😐

Posted from TSR Mobile

It depends on how well you've done. The top 10 or so percent will already know they're got in. The rest is decided after the last interview which will be decided around now.
That's how I think they work it
Original post by Vethopeful97

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yes, as far as I know the first batch of offers were given out 2 weeks ago by phone call and the first batch of rejections were given out last week by letter. They have said that they hope to have all decisions out by the end of March, or by the end of April at the very latest. I'm still waiting too (with 3 other rejections) and so are a lot of other people so don't start worrying too much yet! Fingers crossed for you 😊

Posted from TSR Mobile
Does anybody know when the deadline for post interview responses from Edinburgh is?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply