Join TSR now and get answers to all your questions about uniSign up now

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by goonieskellie)
    What is everybody putting as their insurance choice? Is it worth putting 2 Uni's with the same grades? I'm guessing the 2nd one is not likely to accept you if you are don't meet the grades. (are Surrey and Liverpool lenient?)
    I hear Liverpool are quite lenient. A vet that I work with qualified from there last year and there were people in his year with a C at A Level chemistry

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by danielles94)
    So was unsuccessful this year going to reapply next year after hearing some people have got In on second attempt. Has anyone got in on second or even third attempt and got any advice to give for reapplication and interview?! Also good ideas to spend my gap year, a bit work experience will definitely fit in somewhere!
    Don't be disheartened about being unsuccessful, I was a re-applicant. I applied three times before getting into Liverpool last year. Make sure you get feedback from all universities that have rejected you, in particular interview feedback is helpful. Work using that feedback to strengthen your interview technique/personal statement. Make your gap year productive, Between being rejected in january 2013 and my interview in 2014 I worked as a trainee vet nurse in a practice for a year, which massively benefitted me when it came to interviews because I had seen so much in practice and I had lots to talk about. If that isn't an option for you work on different work experience placements, try unusual ones as well as normal ones, and don't give up!

ReputationRep:
    Omg ... Bristol offer came on track 5pm today. I am a reapp and just so happy! Interview was early February. As so many others have said, if it's your first year applying, don't give up, get the grades, do the work and apply again. I can happen for YOU too!
    thanks to all those who have supported me over last 2 years on TSR ... You know who you are so thanks and wishing everyone success ���������� ���������� ��

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by wanttobevet)
    Omg ... Bristol offer came on track 5pm today. I am a reapp and just so happy! Interview was early February. As so many others have said, if it's your first year applying, don't give up, get the grades, do the work and apply again. I can happen for YOU too!
    thanks to all those who have supported me over last 2 years on TSR ... You know who you are so thanks and wishing everyone success ���������� ���������� ��
    So pleased for you. You obviously deserve it!

ReputationRep:
    What is everybody putting as their insurance choice? Is it worth putting 2 Uni's with the same grades? I'm guessing the 2nd one is not likely to accept you if you are don't meet the grades. (are Surrey and Liverpool lenient?)
    Vet is such a competitive subject that Unis dont need to be lenient to fill places. Remember that they will all have offered way beyond the number of places available - because they know that a good 1/3 of those wont get the grades required.

So, I'd be very wary of assuming that anywhere will be lenient. If you want to be certain of going to Uni this year then pick a realistic and achievable Firm, and an Insurance with at least one lower grade. If you are willing to reapply and go through all the interviews again next year then you can try tactics like identical offers as F&I or just a Firm. Your risk.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TripleL_)
    Anyone who scored over 90% at interview got an offer within two weeks, everyone else has to wait until the end of March when they finish all their interviews and send out acceptances/rejections.
    Why do you think this?
    • TSR Support Team
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    Livvy offer yeaahh

Congrats to everyone else! Good work guys!
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    I'm going to put down two universities asking for the same grades; I didn't apply to Surrey or Notts so my only offers are AAA. I've heard accounts of universities (namely RVC and Liverpool) being lenient. To be honest I wouldn't bother doing it on grades, I'm just going to pick my two favourites and firm my top choice. For you to have got this far you, your teachers/referees and the universities themselves believe that you can get the grades so don't give up now!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by returnmigrant)
    Why do you think this?
    They'll want anyone in the top 10% so will want to give them an offer ASAP so hopefully they accept. However they don't want to fill all their places before the last interviews so won't give any offers to people in the other 90% until everyone has interviewed

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Little Tail Chaser)
    Livvy offer yeaahh

Congrats to everyone else! Good work guys!

Congrats!!!
    Could I ask when your interview was ?
    Thanks
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rwaw)
    Congrats!!!
    Could I ask when your interview was ?
    Thanks
    Thank you

I was interviewed 4th Feb, 4pm

I think they have loads of offers left to give out, don't worry

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by returnmigrant)
    Why do you think this?
    I had an interview in December and got an offer there a week later Then got rejected from Nottingham a couple of weeks later :L

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Little Tail Chaser)
    I'm going to put down two universities asking for the same grades; I didn't apply to Surrey or Notts so my only offers are AAA. I've heard accounts of universities (namely RVC and Liverpool) being lenient. To be honest I wouldn't bother doing it on grades, I'm just going to pick my two favourites and firm my top choice. For you to have got this far you, your teachers/referees and the universities themselves believe that you can get the grades so don't give up now!
    Last year I got 2 offers, RVC and Bristol, both AAA. RVC was my first choice before applying so firming it was easy. It seemed sensible to put Bristol as my insurance
    But basically I worked my butt off to get the required grades with some margin to spare and I assumed that if I missed I would get neither
    RVC meet in the days before results day to decide about near misses and there are some people with AAB who got in. But don't bet on it
    Bristol similarly made some offers to people with less than AAA but that's not what they tell you when you interview there
    There is no good answer to the problem because if you miss your grades things are beyond your control and you may not get in

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by D of T)
    Last year I got 2 offers, RVC and Bristol, both AAA. RVC was my first choice before applying so firming it was easy. It seemed sensible to put Bristol as my insurance
    But basically I worked my butt off to get the required grades with some margin to spare and I assumed that if I missed I would get neither
    RVC meet in the days before results day to decide about near misses and there are some people with AAB who got in. But don't bet on it
    Bristol similarly made some offers to people with less than AAA but that's not what they tell you when you interview there
    There is no good answer to the problem because if you miss your grades things are beyond your control and you may not get in
    Just wondering if you knew how rvc decide the near misses? Could it be in a similar way to offers where top interviewees grades can be more lenient or is there another way to decide?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I'm a reapp on my 2nd gap year, and hopefully this will give some encouragement to people that don't manage to get offers this year. I finished my A Levels with an A in English Lit and B's in Biology and Chemistry - I didnt apply for vetmed in my A2 year. On my first gap year I resat the modules I needed to boost my grades up to 3 A's, whilst applying to vetmed for the first time. I got offered a single interview at Surrey whilst being rejected from my 3 other choices. I was rejected from Surrey in June, and thought that my dream of studying vetmed was in all probability over, as I could never afford to fund vetmed as a second degree. I just barely achieved the requisite grades last summer, and was limited this year to applying to RVC, Liverpool and Nottingham - luckily for me, Liverpool had always been my first choice . I applied this year with over 30 weeks work experience to the 3 vet schools I could, and was rejected quickly by RVC due to - I think - my rather poor BMAT score! I was offered interviews by Liverpool and Nottingham, and on friday managed to secure an unconditional at Liverpool, which I will be firming! So to all those who are struggling in the process, keep going at it and I'm sure things will work out, I was told by my college that I shouldn't apply to vetmed as I would never get the grades required, but I think my perseverance was what finally got me offered a place. Apply to vet schools that suit your application - e.g. don't waste an application on Cambridge if you're scraping the grades - and most importantly if you really really want to be a vet more than anything, do whatever work experience you can - try and fit in more unglamourous placements such as abattoir and kennels etc - and never let anyone tell you you can't do it! Best of luck, and as a sidenote, anyone else already firmed/going to firm Liverpool if they get offers?
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by D of T)
    Oh yeah, I get you :yep: . I know that some people with near misses get lucky, but I wasn't planning on relying on that fact, especially as I don't think my interview performance was spectacular

Thankfully I've done all of my interviews now so I'll have nothing else eating into my time (well, I think I deserve a week off for lambing ). I've come this far, no point falling at the last hurdle.

*insert muscly arm emojis*
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jamievet)
    I'm a reapp on my 2nd gap year, and hopefully this will give some encouragement to people that don't manage to get offers this year...
    Awesome awesome awesome! So glad you have your offer after two gap years, a well deserved achievement!

ReputationRep:
    Do Liverpool have an offer holders day?

ReputationRep:
    Anyone firming Nottingham for vet med? If so do you know if they have an offer holders/applicant day?

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone heard from Glasgow yet:/ ? This wait is killing me and its my first choice

Poll
Should MenACWY vaccination be compulsory at uni?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.