Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

(Original post by goonieskellie)
    What is everybody putting as their insurance choice? Is it worth putting 2 Uni's with the same grades? I'm guessing the 2nd one is not likely to accept you if you are don't meet the grades. (are Surrey and Liverpool lenient?)
    I hear Liverpool are quite lenient. A vet that I work with qualified from there last year and there were people in his year with a C at A Level chemistry

Posted from TSR Mobile

(Original post by danielles94)
    So was unsuccessful this year going to reapply next year after hearing some people have got In on second attempt. Has anyone got in on second or even third attempt and got any advice to give for reapplication and interview?! Also good ideas to spend my gap year, a bit work experience will definitely fit in somewhere!
    Don't be disheartened about being unsuccessful, I was a re-applicant. I applied three times before getting into Liverpool last year. Make sure you get feedback from all universities that have rejected you, in particular interview feedback is helpful. Work using that feedback to strengthen your interview technique/personal statement. Make your gap year productive, Between being rejected in january 2013 and my interview in 2014 I worked as a trainee vet nurse in a practice for a year, which massively benefitted me when it came to interviews because I had seen so much in practice and I had lots to talk about. If that isn't an option for you work on different work experience placements, try unusual ones as well as normal ones, and don't give up!

Omg ... Bristol offer came on track 5pm today. I am a reapp and just so happy! Interview was early February. As so many others have said, if it's your first year applying, don't give up, get the grades, do the work and apply again. I can happen for YOU too!
    thanks to all those who have supported me over last 2 years on TSR ... You know who you are so thanks and wishing everyone success ����������
What's the best type of cheese?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.