Join TSR now and get answers to all your questions about uniSign up now

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone know if Edinburgh have given out all their rest of the UK offers or are there still some to come. Clutching at straws here!

ReputationRep:
    Yes that's what I've decided to do. It was my birthday yesterday and I had said to myself 'if I haven't heard from Liverpool by my birthday then I'll withdraw'. Of course it would've been really interesting (and a bit selfish tbh) to know what they would have said and if I would have had an offer, but they were never going to be my first choice and if I know I'm going to Surrey anyways then there's no need. You're right, by withdrawing I will be giving another deserving hopeful a chance!

Posted from TSR Mobile[/QUOTE]

That's a really selfless thing to do...And if Liverpool don't know what to do with your offer, I'LL HAVE IT!
    • TSR Support Team
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Petster)
    Does anyone know if Edinburgh have given out all their rest of the UK offers or are there still some to come. Clutching at straws here!
    Sadly they gave out rejections as well as offers yesterday, so if you didn't recieve a rejection you're still in the running. The Scottish/International offers didn't all come out at once so there's no reasons to believe that the RoUK ones did. Have hope!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Quick question guys- I know there are facebook groups for those with offers/firmed certain universities, as I've seen some of them linked here before. I was just wanting to know if anyone is aware of a facebook group for prospective RVC students?
    I've had a www rummage around but can't seem to find one. Might well not exist but just thought I would check with you guys?
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by craicfox)
    Quick question guys- I know there are facebook groups for those with offers/firmed certain universities, as I've seen some of them linked here before. I was just wanting to know if anyone is aware of a facebook group for prospective RVC students?
    I've had a www rummage around but can't seem to find one. Might well not exist but just thought I would check with you guys?
    Prospective as in prospective applicants or offer holders? There's definitely a group for offer holders, two actually (one for the five year course and one for Gateway). If you look at the pinned post at the top of the general 2015 group someone has posted a link to them

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Little Tail Chaser)
    Prospective as in prospective applicants or offer holders? There's definitely a group for offer holders, two actually (one for the five year course and one for Gateway). If you look at the pinned post at the top of the general 2015 group someone has posted a link to them

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Sorry yes offer holders was what I meant lol.
    Aaahhh great thanking you! I'll have a wee looksie now!
    Ps.. Congrats on your edinburgh offer!
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Sorry yes offer holders was what I meant lol.
    Aaahhh great thanking you! I'll have a wee looksie now!
    Ps.. Congrats on your edinburgh offer!
    No worries Let me know if you don't find it, I'll send a link when I'm not on mobile

Thank you! Just gotta decide who to firm now (prolly gonna be Edinburgh methinks ) Are you planning on going to one of the RVC's offer holder days btw?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Little Tail Chaser)
    No worries Let me know if you don't find it, I'll send a link when I'm not on mobile

Thank you! Just gotta decide who to firm now (prolly gonna be Edinburgh methinks ) Are you planning on going to one of the RVC's offer holder days btw?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Eeekkk pressing the big scary firming button on UCAS! I haven't decided who I'll be firming yet, I've RVC and Surrey. I didnt even think I was going to get 1 offer at all actually to be fair, so even having a choice of 2 is cray cray to me ol.

yea I've booked my flight and all to go to the RVC open day that's on the Thursday in April I really wanted to go to one of the Surrey offer days as well but I don't think I could afford flying over twice :-/ plus I'll be staying with my friend who studies at RVC for the london one which helps cut costs.

Do you have an Rvc offer too?
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Eeekkk pressing the big scary firming button on UCAS! I haven't decided who I'll be firming yet, I've RVC and Surrey. I didnt even think I was going to get 1 offer at all actually to be fair, so even having a choice of 2 is cray cray to me ol.

yea I've booked my flight and all to go to the RVC open day that's on the Thursday in April I really wanted to go to one of the Surrey offer days as well but I don't think I could afford flying over twice :-/ plus I'll be staying with my friend who studies at RVC for the london one which helps cut costs.

Do you have an Rvc offer too?

Posted from TSR Mobile

:ahee: Congrats on getting two offers! Awesome stuff I haven't plucked up the courage to confirm anything yet, still hasn't sunk in to be honest. We're gonna be vets!

I do have an RVC offer yeah. I'm not sure if I'll firm it (I never expected to have a choice ) so hopefully the offer holder day will help to shed some light

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EmJohnston_)
    How do you know this? Everyone is saying something different about how many they left to give
    Hello, I know because I work for Bristol Uni Admissions.

ReputationRep:
    Straw clutching here - do people think there are still more Liverpool offers to come?

ReputationRep:
    Posted from TSR Mobile[/QUOTE]

That's a really selfless thing to do...And if Liverpool don't know what to do with your offer, I'LL HAVE IT![/QUOTE]

Well obviously they may not even be planning to give me an offer! But I would much rather one of you guys had one than one being wasted. I just wish we could all have offers, we all deserve them so much :'(

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by goonieskellie)
    What is everybody putting as their insurance choice? Is it worth putting 2 Uni's with the same grades? I'm guessing the 2nd one is not likely to accept you if you are don't meet the grades. (are Surrey and Liverpool lenient?)
    If you don't meet the required grades for your firm choice you're automatically put into your insurance so if your insurance have the same offers as your firm, not meeting your firm will mean you've missed both your firm and insurance. so its better if you put your insurance as something with a lower offer and you know you can get and enjoy the course.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chololatee)
    If you don't meet the required grades for your firm choice you're automatically put into your insurance so if your insurance have the same offers as your firm, not meeting your firm will mean you've missed both your firm and insurance. so its better if you put your insurance as something with a lower offer and you know you can get and enjoy the course.

I dont totally agree
    Not all that many people have 3 vet offers and few have an alternative offer with lower grades. (however, if you have say offers at rvc at aaa and notts as aab sure put notts as insurance but not many are in that position)
    So if you have 'only' 2 offers and they are both AAA put the second choice as your insurance. The alternative is declining it which makes no sense
    Some people get in who dont achieve the offer grades. You cant bet on it, but it does happen to a minority

ReputationRep:
    I'm currently on the holding list for RVC gateway.. Does anyone know anything about it - Likelihood of getting an offer? When they get back to you? Etc.
    Thanks

ReputationRep:
    If I'm on the waiting list for surrey, does anyone know the likelihood for rejection/offer?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Anyone any thoughts on Glasgow V Edinburgh? Just out of curiosity

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cocroberta)
    If I'm on the waiting list for surrey, does anyone know the likelihood for rejection/offer?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    At my interview on Wednesday they said there's a really good chance of getting an offer if you're on the waiting list

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chuckbeansy)
    Straw clutching here - do people think there are still more Liverpool offers to come?
    There should be! The last interview day was only Wednesday and I haven't heard of anyone getting an offer since then :P

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by laurensmiley97)
    There should be! The last interview day was only Wednesday and I haven't heard of anyone getting an offer since then :P

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Do you think Liverpool give out offers from the top down? Or do they do it by interview date/group? I know at least one other person in the group I interviewed with has had an offer so I'm expecting another big, fat NO!....

Poll
If you won £30,000, which of these would you spend it on?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.