The Student Room Group

Veterinary Medicine 2015 hopefuls!

Scroll to see replies

Original post by mk981
Hi there! Just curious to where you're from? Already wanting to know who I'm gonna be at uni with for the next 5 years haha :biggrin:

I'm from Scotland :smile:
I was on the waiting list so, pre interview
Are any year 0 Liverpool applicants still waiting for a decision?
On the waiting list for Surrey, has anyone had a post-interview rejection?

Posted from TSR Mobile
If I'm on the waiting list for surrey can I assume it's a rejection?
Just got an email saying all the Surrey places have been given out but they are keeping us on the waiting list until 7 May in case of more declines. Personally, I think there are hundreds on the waiting list so my chances are very low.
Original post by Petster
Just got an email saying all the Surrey places have been given out but they are keeping us on the waiting list until 7 May in case of more declines. Personally, I think there are hundreds on the waiting list so my chances are very low.

But it all depends where you are in the ranking from your interview - you might be at the very top!
I'm on the waiting list for Surrey, anyone have an idea of chances, obviously depending where we are in the ranks, but do lots of people in waiting list get an offer? cheers
I am on the waiting list too :/
Original post by Diplodocus7789
Are any year 0 Liverpool applicants still waiting for a decision?

Yep, I am. But losing hope....:frown:
Is it safe to assume they have just kept every single person they interviewed on the waiting list?

Posted from TSR Mobile
I'm also on the Surrey waiting list :/ can't stand all this waiting! Think I'm probably heading for a gap year though...

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by lauren_97
Is it safe to assume they have just kept every single person they interviewed on the waiting list?

Posted from TSR Mobile

They say they reject the bottom 10% post interview. But considering they have interviewed several hundred, the waiting list must have hundreds left on it.
Just got the email about being on the waiting list for Surrey. I think it's time to withdaw my application and but in my decisions on UCAS. Good luck to all those waiting!
Reply 6794
Original post by Hopefulvet97
I'm from Scotland :smile:

when was your interview for glasgow?
Hi, does anyone know if you can get feedback from Nottingham post-interview? I thought you coukd, but I can't find out how and I saw someone on here say they didnt?? Thanks:smile:
Original post by katehassall
Hi, does anyone know if you can get feedback from Nottingham post-interview? I thought you coukd, but I can't find out how and I saw someone on here say they didnt?? Thanks:smile:

I think you can get feedback, but from what I've heard it's really unhelpful! :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by lauren_97

Posted from TSR Mobile

I think if they have that's really unfair as not everyone can have a place! Keeping people hanging on isn't nice. However at my interview day they said they took a lot of people from the waiting list last year and that was a very small year, so I think people on the waiting list still have a fairly good chance :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by katehassall

I emailed admissions and they said they couldn't give feedback because of the high number of people rejected but maybe if you ring up you might get somewhere?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by vethopeful2015
I think if they have that's really unfair as not everyone can have a place! Keeping people hanging on isn't nice. However at my interview day they said they took a lot of people from the waiting list last year and that was a very small year, so I think people on the waiting list still have a fairly good chance :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

That's slightly reassuring, I reckon there must be about 300 of us on the waiting list at the moment though haha! Good luck if you're still waiting :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest