Join TSR now and get answers to all your questions about uniSign up now

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Louiseee_)
    Yeah I was wondering about this. If you get an offer after interview but narrowly miss a grade (say you get AAB or A*AB, but that B is either chem or bio) are they more likely to give you that place anyway or to someone with AAA who didn't get an offer after interview? (I'm well aware this will be circumstantial &based on us as individuals, but I know the general trend has been A level resulrs going down across the country )
    Basically on results day whether you meet their requirements or not you will either have an unconditional off or be rejected. People have got into Liverpool with ABB on results day so it all depends on how well you did at interview etc.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lizziefickling)
    Basically on results day whether you meet their requirements or not you will either have an unconditional off or be rejected. People have got into Liverpool with ABB on results day so it all depends on how well you did at interview etc.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    okay thanks but does that mean that other than getting an emergencyremark, if we get rejected there's f**k all we can do about it?

ReputationRep:
    okay thanks but does that mean that other than getting an emergencyremark, if we get rejected there's f**k all we can do about it?
    Pretty much yes. If you get rejected on results day that's final. You just have to work hard to get the grades this time!
    If not, pick yourself up, resit what is needed and try again. If you want it enough you get there eventually, I did

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Thanks to lizziefickling for answering my earlier question but here's another one: is there a chance that if we were rejected for not getting the grades, would we possibly be reconsidered if we had an emegency remark before August 27th? Has anyone got in this way, or know someone who did? (Someone i know did for Newcastle but obviously that wasn't for vet med)
    Hope everyone's exams are going well

ReputationRep:
    is there a chance that if we were rejected for not getting the grades, would we possibly be reconsidered if we had an emergency remark before August 27th?
    If you are in this situation you must immediately tell the Unis where you are holding both Firm & Insurance that you have asked for an urgent remark and they will 'hold' your application until you have that result. Just bear in mind that if you are then left with the same grade, and they say No, it is way too late for Clearing by then.

Lots of advice about everything that can happen on Results Day (and what to do about it) here : http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/cont...el-results-day

ReputationRep:
    Thanks to lizziefickling for answering my earlier question but here's another one: is there a chance that if we were rejected for not getting the grades, would we possibly be reconsidered if we had an emegency remark before August 27th? Has anyone got in this way, or know someone who did? (Someone i know did for Newcastle but obviously that wasn't for vet med)
    Hope everyone's exams are going well
    You have to bear in mind that an emergency remark may not get you the grades so I wouldn't rely on that. You'd have to be very borderline between two grades for that to possibly make a difference to you, and it takes time.

Just to make it clear, there is no 'clearing' for veterinary medicine.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Just out of curiosity, for nottingham it says we have to complete 26 weeks of clinical ems during uni; is that before the end of year three or does some of that include the final year?
    • TSR Support Team
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    Just out of curiosity, for nottingham it says we have to complete 26 weeks of clinical ems during uni; is that before the end of year three or does some of that include the final year?
    Its the same for all vet schools. Its done between 3rd and graduating in 5th year

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Angry cucumber)
    Its the same for all vet schools. Its done between 3rd and graduating in 5th year

Posted from TSR Mobile
    So basically 4th & 5th year? Does that mean it's just the husbandry ems that's done years 1,2 & 3 or is that the same?
    • TSR Support Team
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    So basically 4th & 5th year? Does that mean it's just the husbandry ems that's done years 1,2 & 3 or is that the same?
    You can do clinical stuff from 3rd year. Years 1 and 2 holidays are for husbandry

ReputationRep:
    It's actually different for us at Liverpool, you start clinical placements in first year if you want

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    As long as you have completed your 12 weeks AHEMS, then you can start working towards your 26 weeks clinical (from second year summer onwards) = 38 weeks total

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Little Tail Chaser)
    Ahh, alright. I wasn't sure quite how predecided their waiting lists were. Thanks for replying

Uhh... that's not necessarily true? Offers can be lower than AAA? I've heard of some universities being quite lenient with allowing people with AAA offers in with A*AB or AAB, but my firm (Ed) is notorious for not being one of those places so that's why I was wondering.

Darn. Best get revising then. Photophosphorylation is the most exciting thing everrrrr. Thanks for the response
    I have Edinburgh as my firm too and my offer was A is bio, chem and maths (I live in Ireland, doing the leaving cert.). Having just finished my maths exams I'm pretty sure I haven't quite made the A but I'd be confident enough with bio and chem. I've been crossing my fingers that they might still accept me but seeing as you've said they are notorious for not being lenient, I'm not feeling so hopeful! Any thoughts?

ReputationRep:
    The basic truth folks is that you won't know the answer until Results Day. Its that simple I'm afraid.

So stop stressing, pack in the revision, go all out for the best exam performance you possibly can - and then go on holiday.

Endless worrying about 'Will I still get in with .....', whilst understandable, really is pointless at this stage.

ReputationRep:
    Any first year Notts students on here that wouldn't mind posting their weekly timetable please? ))((

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by WannaBeVet2015)
    Any first year Notts students on here that wouldn't mind posting their weekly timetable please?
    It wont tell you anything useful about 2015/16 timetable so why do you want to know?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sydneybridge)
    It wont tell you anything useful about 2015/16 timetable so why do you want to know?
    It's quite interesting to see what kind of stuff vet students are doing and at what times
    • TSR Support Team
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by suofei)
    It's quite interesting to see what kind of stuff vet students are doing and at what times
    Hi I'm a 4th Year at Notts

I'm not going to take a photo of the first year time table as I'm not sure on the copyright, title of lectures etc

Basically
    Monday morning - group learning (Sdls)
    Late morning - lecture
    Afternoon - lectures +/- group learning

Tuesday morning
    Sdls +/- a lecture or two
    Afternoon - practical

Wed morning - lectures +/- sdl

Thurs morning - practical
    Afternoon - lectures

Friday - lectures +/- sdl
    Afternoon - sdl +/- lectures

ReputationRep:
    I am hoping to go to Liverpool in Sept to study veterinary medicine...I still haven't selected accommodation...help please!! Which is best & handiest to the vet school
    • TSR Support Team
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    I assume everyone has finished their exams now? (Barring some mathematicians - hang in there!) Hope all your exams went well and that you'll be getting the grades you need What's everyone up to over the summer? Getting lots of rest before the madness of vet school starts I hope ! Me, I'm going on holiday a couple of times with some mates which should be really good. I've no work exp booked (for once! ) but I'm doing a tiny bit of voluntary work at little festival type things. Oh, I gotta catch up on all my shows too.OITNB season 3

Poll
Should MenACWY vaccination be compulsory at uni?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.