Join TSR now and get answers to all your questions about uniSign up now

ReputationRep:
    Well I got nowhere close to my grades because I flunked everything (BCC instead of AAB) but Nottingham are lovely people and emailed me before I even knew what grades I actually had, offering me a place on the 6 year course (with a gateway year) instead. So, I'm still going to vet school! (really, I love Nottingham so much right now!!!)

ReputationRep:
    Hello!! I am on the six year course but it's with a preliminary year, I think thats the same thing

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hollyleaf988)
    Well I got nowhere close to my grades because I flunked everything (BCC instead of AAB) but Nottingham are lovely people and emailed me before I even knew what grades I actually had, offering me a place on the 6 year course (with a gateway year) instead. So, I'm still going to vet school! (really, I love Nottingham so much right now!!!)
    Congrats! That's so sweet of them! Was Nottingham your top choice?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    For Nottigham, is there a deadline that we have to have had our TB vaccine for? My doctors don't give it out so I have to go through hospital to get it 😒

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Louiseee_)
    For Nottigham, is there a deadline that we have to have had our TB vaccine for? My doctors don't give it out so I have to go through hospital to get it 😒
    It'll be by the time you start I presume!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I can't get one! There's a national shortage of the vaccine apparently. They don't do BCG vaccinations at GPs anymore so I had to contact infection control who told me I can't get an appointment until October at the earliest!
    I've contacted Surrey and I think they are organising to have them done at uni if you can't get it done at home but I'd rather get it done before I go!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Awww, that's soooo nice of them!!! I'm so happy I'm coming to Nottingham, they are so friendly and kind Well done you!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I'm a bit confused if we are meant to get it from the hospital or let notts sort it out for us when we r there :/

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • TSR Support Team
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by greencat55)
    I'm a bit confused if we are meant to get it from the hospital or let notts sort it out for us when we r there :/

Posted from TSR Mobile
    You have to organise it yourself. There is a nurse who does it on SB every couple of weeks but you have to pay for that, as you will have to at your GP

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ShellySpielberg)
    Congrats! That's so sweet of them! Was Nottingham your top choice?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Yeah it was (and my only offer as well, so I'm super happy!)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by greencat55)

Posted from TSR Mobile
    If you're struggling to find somewhere, try ringing occupational health for your local hospital, they should be able to recommend somewhere to get it done if they don't offer it themselves, which is what I did (you'll probably have to pay though)
    • TSR Support Team
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    Yeah it was (and my only offer as well, so I'm super happy!)
    See you in a few weeks then

I'll be a cranky 4th year though
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Angry cucumber)
    You have to organise it yourself. There is a nurse who does it on SB every couple of weeks but you have to pay for that, as you will have to at your GP

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Apparently I have to get it through the chest clinic at my local hospital but if there's a shortage I suspect they might say no :/ but on the NHS website it says all veterinary workers have to have it so I'm confused
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    If we can't get the vaccine who should we ring at the university to explain th situation to?

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone signed up for liverpools veterinary society yet??

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 0802)
    Has anyone signed up for liverpools veterinary society yet??

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Have you had the email yet??

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lizziefickling)
    Have you had the email yet??

Posted from TSR Mobile
    No I haven't but I read the letter that is online talking about it

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 0802)
    No I haven't but I read the letter that is online talking about it

Posted from TSR Mobile
    This the letter from uni or the letter from Lloyd?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lizziefickling)
    This the letter from uni or the letter from Lloyd?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Lloyd

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Ahhh I see. Yeah join!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Poll
Which pet is the best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.