The Student Room Group

Veterinary Medicine 2015 hopefuls!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 920
Hey, was just wondering what grades are you predicted? I feel like I'm going to fail all exams and not be able to go to vet school :frown: so stressed, SOMEONE HELP ME PLEASE

Posted from TSR Mobile
You're all doing GCSE's right? You will not fail :smile:. I would bet my house on it.
Reply 922
uhh same pulling my hair for these EXAMS :angry:
Chemistry today was AWFUL. :frown:
Reply 924
I had such a pointless day at school... Did nothing productive!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 925
Haha saw this and it made me laugh :PImageUploadedByStudent Room1368032377.793411.jpg

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Sophjeff
Haha saw this and it made me laugh :PImageUploadedByStudent Room1368032377.793411.jpg

Aww, poor 'lil guy! :lol:
A friend sent me these the other day. It's extremely basic stuff, but c'mon, that's not the point :tongue: .

[video="youtube;_M9khs87xQ8"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_M9khs87xQ8[/video]
[video="youtube;addK0b2Isw8"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=addK0b2Isw8[/video]
Reply 929
Original post by Little Tail Chaser
[video="youtube;addK0b2Isw8"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=addK0b2Isw8[/video]

That's the best thing! Haha if my physics teacher had showed my class that I think everyone would of understood it first time!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 930
Original post by skatealexia
How did we wait for results??? Applying and waiting for university decisions is pretty horrible.. must say. Although my last ever A level exams I had a CCC gateway offer as well as my main firmed liverpool offer and I knew that I could pretty much not sit some of the exams and still be at vet school. Those were some of the most chilled exams I ever sat! Now being at vet school.. exams come one after the other.. but I don't feel quite as much pressure as A level.. there's too many exams :P. Plus here we only wait about a month to get results e.g. I finish exams on the 31st May and we get results sometime in the first week or so of July and then resit exams are in August (yes you can resit vet exams, only once though).

I hope I ace them :P. I've been revising non stop since about the 22nd March, my exams start on the 21st May.. there's something wrong if I don't do somewhat well in these I think :P. I applied for secretary. Don't think I'll get it though because there are people with more vet course friends than me running. Cons of having all non-vet housemates :tongue:.

Ugh I wish I had to only wait a month aha! I've done 5/8 of exams two next week and my last three weeks today so it is quite spaced out! That's good you get to sit resit exams although I wouldn't be too happy if I failed an exam the first time :tongue: I'm dreading application time, I shall value my remaining 16 months aha!

Good luck! And Ooo fancy, tell us how it turns out, I'm sure you'll get it - I have faith! :tongue:

A friend sent me these the other day. It's extremely basic stuff, but c'mon, that's not the point :tongue: .

[video="youtube;_M9khs87xQ8"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_M9khs87xQ8[/video]

Omg that is awesome! My brain was just like what?! Dogs teaching science, a vet hopeful's dream! Ahaha they need to show us hydrocarbons and corrosion! I'd pay to see that :biggrin:

Well done holly on yet another long term placement! That's great I hope you enjoy it :smile:
Anyways, I've been at the farm today and was so much. I've missed that place not been for about three weeks! But I had great fun we wormed the sheep and clipped their hooves which I got to do, was very enjoyable albeit a bit tricky and fiddly :tongue: I also got the glorious task of cleaning a ewes bum, woohoo!! Aha!

Posted from TSR Mobile
I printed out 60 past papers today, all for science :lol: . Obviously I won't be able to do them all, but at least I might be able to salvage my science grade :/
I printed out 60 past papers today, all for science :lol: . Obviously I won't be able to do them all, but at least I might be able to salvage my science grade :/

Doing lots of past papers really helped me for GCSE& A levels. Good luck to all with exams ! :smile:

(Wish we had lots of past papers for vet exams :frown: )
Original post by SilverstarDJ
Doing lots of past papers really helped me for GCSE& A levels. Good luck to all with exams ! :smile:

Same :s-smilie:
What do you guys have to do, just read over notes?

Out of interest, how many hours per day do you put into work (outside of lectures, practicals etc)?

Out of interest, how many hours per day do you put into work (outside of lectures, practicals etc)?

I tend to do a couple of hours a night, then about 5 or 6 hours at the weekend. But it all depends on how straightforward you find the content of the lectures. It takes much longer to write up a lecture on spinal lesion localisation than a lecture on emotional behaviour for example.

For exams, I just tend to read over my notes and just talk through each module with a friend, and we ask each other questions which I find really helpful.

I read over notes, and make a few diagrams or write out a few key points. Others write out everything or do flashcards, but I don't learn by writing and I think flash cards oversimplify things, personally, both those methods work for others.

In terms of hours of revision? I start revision a 4-6weeks before exams start and work until my brain gets tired or it hits 8/9pm by which time I know I won't absorb anything! So it varies. I try to cover around 4-5 sub-topics depending on how big they are a day now that we have no lectures (revision week starts Monday). I do spend a lot of hours of revising.... but it pays off in the end when I hopefully pass :smile:

I'm one of those who writes everything out. I write all the lectures out during term after each lecture and start proper revision at christmas about 1-2 week before we break up (4-6 week revision) but at easter we have easter holidays, 4 weeks of lectures, a week off then exams so I revise solid over easter and then as much as I can during lectures and the week off :smile:. I do a lot of hours, but that's just how I work.
Original post by SilverstarDJ

Oh no! What am I going to do if I get to vet school... I revise BY doing lots of exam papers! I remember things really quickly, but doing the papers solidifies it all in my brain! :s-smilie::eek:

Please can everyone at vet school steal and save a copy of every exam paper you do for me?! :colone:
Original post by SuperCat007
Oh no! What am I going to do if I get to vet school... I revise BY doing lots of exam papers! I remember things really quickly, but doing the papers solidifies it all in my brain! :s-smilie::eek:

Please can everyone at vet school steal and save a copy of every exam paper you do for me?! :colone:

Would love to if they didn't religiously take every paper in before you're allowed to leave the room :colone:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending