Join TSR now and get answers to all your questions about uniSign up now
    • TSR Support Team
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tiffanya)
    Yeah I have a bichon frise called Lola. She is chewing a stuck on my bed right now arrrghh, she is so silly!

I hope that for everyone's results! I know I haven't got all ones because I know I have a 2 for art unless they think my painting is a master piece, but I doubt that! Art isn't really important though.
    Aww, bichons are such sweet little bundles of fluff :love: !

Psssht, I know for a fact that art is going to be my second worst subject (the worst being French :mmm:) It's so unimportant it's unreal, I don't even know why I took the bloody subject in the first place

ReputationRep:
    I know I literally spent a whole year doing nothing in class, I just did a few drawings and stuff at home it was such a skive, but actually quite boring. I think I could have done better if the teachers actually cared. some teachers are really enthusiastic about everyone doing well, my biology teacher even made us cakes when we all passed the prelim!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    I know I literally spent a whole year doing nothing in class, I just did a few drawings and stuff at home it was such a skive, but actually quite boring. I think I could have done better if the teachers actually cared. some teachers are really enthusiastic about everyone doing well, my biology teacher even made us cakes when we all passed the prelim!
    Ditto that, I completely misjudged how much of my time it would take up. It was doubly irritating because I'm a complete perfectionist and I would get really frustrated when I couldn't make things *perfect*

Your biology teacher sounds nice ! Mine is cool as well... she was voted as 'Most Dirty Minded' in the teacher awards at the end of the year :mmm:

ReputationRep:
    Ooo that's funny.

I'm just glad I have dropped subjects that I don't like, except English I took that and I hate it. 😔

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Ooo that's funny.

I'm just glad I have dropped subjects that I don't like, except English I took that and I hate it.
    English was just dire :sigh: Frigging poetry was the worst.

ReputationRep:
    It's so boring and a waste of time! At least I don't have to do talks this year.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    It's so boring and a waste of time! At least I don't have to do talks this year.
    You mean like speaking and listening assessments? They were the one part of GCSE English I liked, primarily because one of our pieces was on work experience and I took great delight in reciting a particularly gory story about pus going everywhere when a nurse accidentally nicked an abscess on a Maine Coon when she was shaving it in preparation for the vet to drain it .

ReputationRep:
    Yeah when you do a solo talk in front of the class. They were ok but I'm not that confident with talks so I spent loads of time worrying about it but when I was up there it was fine. I didn't have anything as interesting as that to talk about! Although I did get a 1 for talking.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, I'm always like that; I hate the crippling fear before any sort of performance, but while I'm doing it I'm perfectly fine . I used to be really shy, but work exp has knocked some confidence into me, I think

ReputationRep:
    I feel like that too! Even being at work experience for a week I felt more confident because everyone was so nice and welcoming and I was talking about animals which I love!

Ahhh my dog was munching on my cats food I just charged through to the kitchen to stop her!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    That's good to hear ! Did you see any interesting cases?

You sound like you have lots of pets!

ReputationRep:
    Nah I only have a cat and a dog, I have had quite a few though. I really want a collie or a labrador but my mum is allergic so we have to go for the fluffier ones!

It was mostly castrations and spays. There was a labrador that had a lump removed on its paw. There was a jack russel that was ran over by its own owner's car because the car rolled back so she didn't hear it. It's such a shame 😔 I spent loads of time with her, she couldn't walk. At the end of the week she was only wagging her tail and eating for me! I felt so special. 😄

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Aww. I'd love a dog (specifically a border collie) but at the moment I really wouldn't have the time to care for one properly. And we can't really have a cat because of all the small furries

Yep, they're pretty much the most common procedures that vets do, I think. Those and dentals . Pity about the JR, do you know if she recovered in the end? During my week at a vet hospital there was a cat that was rushed in after having decided to run across an A road in search of a girlfriend :rolleyes: . His shoulder was completely managed, and it took him ages to recover, but he's alright now

ReputationRep:
    Aww it's such a shame when animals are hurt like that, but I know that vets put a lot of animals down so I understand it has to be done.

I'm not sure what happened to her, one vet wanted to put her down when she first came in but the others didn't. The next time I'm there I will ask.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, I think they were considering it for the cat but decided to give surgery a go in the end I don't think I actually saw any PTSs while I was there, although I've seen several (a couple of dogs, a Maine Coon and a budgie) over the past two weeks.

ReputationRep:
    I hope I see more exciting things at the vets! What is a PTS?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Put To Sleep, euthanisia :yep:

ReputationRep:
    Do you think PTS would ever be something that a work experience student of our age would see? Just pondering.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ABC05)
    Do you think PTS would ever be something that a work experience student of our age would see? Just pondering.
    Yeah, why not? I've seen a few. There's not much too see to be honest, they just put the IV line in if they can, inject, wait a few seconds and use a stethoscope to check for a pulse. That's about it. It's very quick.

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys, on holiday at the moment and struggling to find wifi so I may be unable to post often . My results day is in 6 days! Oh god! I want it to come sooner yet not at all :lol:!

Hey I want to be a vet. I only have one weeks work experience at a small vets and in going to volunteer at the cats protection once a week. I live in scotland and I was wondering if anyone knows any dairy farms that would be happy for me to come for work experience? I'm also a bit worried about when I'm going to do lambing experience because I will be revising for my higher exams in my Easter holidays. If you have done lambing experience when is the best time to go? How did you fit it around exams?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Hola! I am a Scottish applicant too . Lambing tends to be late Winter/early Spring. I've done it the last few years but this year I just done it at the weekends and used my week for studying. I have a dairy contact so I could give you one but I can't give it until I get back next week as for some reason PMs don't work on my phone. I can't guarantee you'll get some WEx straight away because I go every Saturday but you may get another day perhaps? I'll also be happy to review your letter if you like since I have wrote like a million this past year aha!

Poll
Which pet is the best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.