Join TSR now and get all your revision questions answeredSign up now

ReputationRep:
    Can anybody help me to find a way to teach myself modules P4, P5, and P6 of the OCR Gateway GCSE course? My exam date feels like it's closing in rapidly and my teacher can't explain anything clearly and he'll wander off halfway through answering a question (and he can't control my class so it's total chaos) and as a result of this, I leave class more confused and clueless than when I entered! Does anyone have any good revision techniques, or know any decent resources that I can have a look at please? Thank-you!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DayFlower)
    Can anybody help me to find a way to teach myself modules P4, P5, and P6 of the OCR Gateway GCSE course? My exam date feels like it's closing in rapidly and my teacher can't explain anything clearly and he'll wander off halfway through answering a question (and he can't control my class so it's total chaos) and as a result of this, I leave class more confused and clueless than when I entered! Does anyone have any good revision techniques, or know any decent resources that I can have a look at please? Thank-you!
    I'm currently at college studying my AS levels and feel as though I have the same problem. The way I cope with it is I ask all the questions I have immediatly as I get them, more often than not there are other people in the class feeling the same confusion as you. I would also recommend asking the teacher to set you small tests every now and again as I personally feel as though having a deadline in a week for example for a test on electricity gives me a direction. Always put in 2-3 hours a week of extra studying! At college I put in 10-15 hours extra revision per week per subject so 2-3 is nothing
    As a last resort you could speak to your headteacher/head of department about the teacher to see if issues can be resolved at their end?
    Hope I could help

Welcome to TSR physics.

You will receive plenty of help on this site if you keep posts to one question only and explain clearly what it is you are stuck on.

Just look through some of the threads here for examples of how to do it (and in some cases how not to do it!).

Using the search facility here is also useful (top right of the screen in the menu bar) because many people will already have asked a similar question, or even the same question.

There is also YouTube for a number of video tutorials. Again you need to search carefully.

ReputationRep:
    Get hold of the textbooks for all the stuff (preferably the board-recommended textbooks from their website---OCR publishes their own via Cambridge Publications I think).

If you start working through it, then try some questions which'll probably be at the end of each chapter of something. If you get stuff wrong/don't understand it, you can post on here and we'll help you out

Other things you can try are the CGP books (particularly good for revision) and YouTube videos that might give you a bit more depth that'll help you to understand it better. Khan Academy is also a really good resource.

ReputationRep:
    Thankyou for the help :-) I found Khan Academy particularly useful so thanks for that one!

Poll
If you won £30,000, which of these would you spend it on?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.