The Student Room Group
Coventry University
Coventry University
Coventry
Visit website

Coventry University- Victoria Halls

Hi,
I was just wondering if anyone has applied for accommodation at Victoria Halls in coventry?

If so, what are you studying etc? :smile:
I'm hoping to study Dietetics, in first year from september! Can't wait!!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I'm not-but as a native I hope you have a great time; fantastic for students Coventry is.
Coventry University
Coventry University
Coventry
Visit website
Reply 2
Original post by catrin_16
Hi,
I was just wondering if anyone has applied for accommodation at Victoria Halls in coventry?

If so, what are you studying etc? :smile:
I'm hoping to study Dietetics, in first year from september! Can't wait!!

I'm going to apply for Victoria Halls in Coventry! I'm hoping to study Occupational Therapy :smile:
Reply 3
I'm going to apply there. I have spoken with them earlier on the phone and they sounded very polite. I have an offer for Oil & Gas Management at CU. The only obstacle is that I'm waiting for the results of a studentship but unfortunately the results will come out mid-June. Do you think I should apply now and cancel later if I don't get the studentship? In this case I'll lose 100pounds but I don't want to risk not finding a room at all.
Reply 4
I think most people will be applying for accommodation without having their grades. You should only apply if you think meeting the offer is realistic. I'm doing a foundation year at the minute, so only have a conditional offer, but I know that my offer is realistic so did apply :smile: the flats look so nice! So much cheaper than uni accommodation of the same standard, plus the company has own lots of awards so fingers crossed it will all work out!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 5
You should only apply if you think meeting the offer is realistic.

Posted from TSR Mobile

My offer is unconditional, the results i'm waiting are for the studentship and the y come out mid-June. I don't know whether I'll get it, it depends on other candidates too. Still don't know what to do...
Hey yeah I I'm looking into applying for Victoria halls. But I was worried cause this guy said they have a tendency to run over schedule finishing building it :s-smilie: but I'm unsure cause it looked really nice

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 7
I'm hoping to go and look at the show flat within the next week or so, hopefully that will give an indication of whether it will be on time it not?

Posted from TSR Mobile
I'm hoping to go and look at the show flat within the next week or so, hopefully that will give an indication of whether it will be on time it not?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Oh okay did you find out about visiting the show flat on the website?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 9
Yes, I think it opened last Wednesday...

Posted from TSR Mobile
Yes, I think it opened last Wednesday...

Posted from TSR Mobile

Oh okay :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 11

Please let us know how it looks like when you do!
Reply 12
Currently a second year resident who has applied for victoria halls coventry, for those of you who do not know the show flat photos can be found online but only through the victoria hall coventry facebook page. The flats are very nice especially in comparison to other accommodation like sherbourne house from unite. If you are unsure of whether or not to apply then think you have 14 days were you can sign and still say no after that you only get a hundred pounds back if you cancel before the move in date. For the price of victoria hall and the fact that you know it is a new build and no one else has been their that is priceless and when you go to uni you will realise how important that is. To answer the question on whether they are delayed, they are on track only if freak weather will they be delayed, i talked to nick the manager of the victoria hall coventry he has said if their are delays that alternative accomodation will be found and paid for by them selves. If you are thinking of getting a room i would advise that you hurry, only 4 studio are available and that the number comes as a post from last week on their facebook page. I know of quite a few people who are going to be living their and as such i recommend getting in your rooms early. If any problems or questions about victoria hall or coventry university life please feel free to ask.
Reply 13
I went to visit the show flat at Victoria halls yesterday... It's so nice!! Rooms aren't massive but a decent size for a student! Living area and kitchen is a good size, sky tv comes with the 10 most popular channels. Crockery and pans etc are included but only like 1 bowl 1 side plate and 1 main plate kind of thing so might want to get your own set... Plenty of storage in the bedrooms, and the bathrooms are nice :smile: hope this helps! :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 14
Original post by tamishaalexander
Hey yeah I I'm looking into applying for Victoria halls. But I was worried cause this guy said they have a tendency to run over schedule finishing building it :s-smilie: but I'm unsure cause it looked really nice

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm soo tempted to book it because i need ensuite at a reasonable price but i have a feeling it wont be ready in time :frown:
Reply 15
Hey. Does anyone know if they put first years together in flats or will it just be mixed?
Reply 16
Original post by Leasha
I'm soo tempted to book it because i need ensuite at a reasonable price but i have a feeling it wont be ready in time :frown:

Hiya I've got a room in Coventry if your interested, its ensuite, double beds, good size rooms, about 3 mins walk from the uni if that
Reply 17
Is there anyone (EU/International) who has booked WITHOUT having a UK guarantor? I would like to know if you're paying the full rent by bank loan. Please let me know!!! Thanks :biggrin:
Reply 18
I've applied and visited the place looks 10000000x better than the rest of the accommodation available in cov. I've studied here for a year (foundation year) so visited a few house parties and believe me this will be one accommodation to be proud of. Hopefully it shall be finished in time, can't wait to move in!!!!!!!!! Wooooop!
Im going into my 2nd year of the Fashion Design course at Coventry University
in October but will be moving into the accommodation of victoria hall from september :biggrin:!!

Quick Reply

Latest