'no self respecting white lad would go near them after' Watch

ReputationRep:
    I saw this Facebook status today:
    'Why white chicks go for Asians I will never understand that **** !!!!'

And then somebody replied saying:
    'no self respecting white lad would go near them after'

*The poster meant south Asians.

What does everyone think of this?

I really don't understand the 'no self respecting white lad would go near them after' bit, does anyone know what reasons they could have for this? :confused:

ReputationRep:
    Trying to understand racism is like trying to understand ignorance, a waste of time.

ReputationRep:
    Basically they're racist...that's so stupid.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    They're tossers? Fair enough you might not be attracted to a particular race but that's just an ignorant and ridiculous thing to say. You get all kinds on Facebook. Why are you friends with these people?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tengentoppa)
    They're tossers? Fair enough you might not be attracted to a particular race but that's just an ignorant and ridiculous thing to say. You get all kinds on Facebook. Why are you friends with these people?
    Yes they are! And I'm not friends with them, with the new Facebook when you're using it on your mobile you see what your Facebook friends have liked/commented on haha. I could never be friends with people like that.

ReputationRep:
    You can't help who you like. That status doesn't even make sense. You can never understand why someone is attracted to/goes with someone of a different race. Just accept that it's their preference possibly.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tengentoppa)
    Exactly what I thought. I'd rep you if I could, off my phone.

ReputationRep:
    They suffer from an inferiority complex lol?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Matstu)
    You can't help who you like. That status doesn't even make sense. You can never understand why someone is attracted to/goes with someone of a different race. Just accept that it's their preference possibly.
    No offence to you personally, but i have heard the same 'you can't help who you like lie' so often in my life.

The truth is you absolutely can help who you like. Your experiences, mind-set, family culture and views, exposure, all of these things which are directly in your hand can play a massive role in attraction.

No baby is ingrained to say " I love japanese women".

ReputationRep:
    Their loss..South Asian girls are great.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dirac Delta Function)
    Plus, from my experience, south asian women and asian women tend to prefer european men. I'm not even white either.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MENDACIUM)
    Plus, from my experience, south asian women and asian women tend to prefer european men. I'm not even white either.
    I agree. It's the same to a greater extent with East Asian women and a slightly lesser extent with Middle Eastern women.

I personally can understand why - European men tend to be taller and better looking, and they don't have the same cultural hang ups about things like how many people she's slept with.

ReputationRep:
    Was it a girl who said that? If so, they're probably really jealous. Pathetic really, regardless of who said it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by beansontoast93)
    Was it a girl who said that? If so, they're probably really jealous. Pathetic really, regardless of who said it.
    It was a guy... but he seems to be that typical 'LAD' type of guy if you know what I mean. Yeah I agree with you, the status actually got a lot of likes though! That's why I questioned it because I couldn't believe it haha.

ReputationRep:
    No offence to you personally, but i have heard the same 'you can't help who you like like' so often in my life.

The truth is you absolutely can help who you like. Your experiences, mind-set, family culture and views, exposure, all of these things which are directly in your hand can play a massive role in attraction.

No baby is ingrained to say " I love japanese women".
    Ok, I guess you can, to some extent. But if you meet someone you click with and fall for them because of personality, not physical attraction, THEN you can't help it. Regardless of external factors such as family, views etc.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Matstu)
    Ok, I guess you can, to some extent. But if you meet someone you click with and fall for them because of personality, not physical attraction, THEN you can't help it. Regardless of external factors such as family, views etc.
    Your personality especially is influenced mostly by nurture. You choose your experiences, who you are with, your mindset. It's not what you are, it's what you do that defines you.

No-one, and i mean no-one bar those with extremely rare mental disorders can ever say 'i had no hand in being attracted to so and so'.

They did, via the experiences they exposed themselves to, the mindset the forged, the angle they saw the person.

Human consciousness is also pretty complex.

You have people who are zoophilics. I use this example to illustrate a point. They were not born with a tendency to perform a detestable act. They molded their mind-set, engaged in experiences , perhaps were persuaded to do what they had done.

ReputationRep:
    Your personality especially is influenced mostly by nurture. You choose your experiences, who you are with, your mindset. It's not what you are, it's what you do that defines you.
    Not necessarily. Two children can be brought up exactly the same but have different personalities. And again, only to an extent can you choose your experiences. Sometimes you find yourself in a situation that you didn't decide to put yourself in. Your explanation doesn't take into account random factors. Although, I do agree it's not who you are, but what you do. Your mindset and the way you deal with such experiences and situations is what defines you.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dirac Delta Function)

I thought the comment was suggesting that 'no white lad' would go for a white girl who has been with a South-Asian...

Either way it's still racist.

Poll
Should MenACWY vaccination be compulsory at uni?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.