Join TSR now for chat about life, relationships, fashion and more…Sign up now

recommended london hotels? Watch

ReputationRep:
    anyone recommend any hotels in london that are good value/location? ive never been to london and have no idea about which locations are best!?

im looking for a standard touristy location... hoping to see some shows (matilda and the book of mormon) so somewhere that would be easy to get home to afterwards.

ive had a quick google and the travelodge at waterloo seems decent... i have vouchers for travelodge that i need to use... has anyone stayed in london travelodges?

i dont mind basic accommodation, as long as it's modern and clean and in an ideal world not too noisy!

my dates are flexible, thinking more like july/august so i can get decent theatre tickets.

im a total clueless northerner so all suggestions welcome!

ReputationRep:
    I always stay at the Hyde Park Radnor (http://www.hydeparkradnor.com) whenever I have to stay over in London. As the name suggests, it's right near Hyde Park (closer to Kensington Gardens) in the Paddington area. You can quite easily get to the soho/west end area where all the commercial theatre shows take place as it's only a short tube ride away from Lancaster Gate (5 mins walk from the hotel) to Tottenham Court Road on the Central line.

It's a really affordable place to stay, breakfast is inclusive, although it is basic (either cereal, toast, or cooked continental breakfast), but it is clean and tastefully decorated and has a great service. Last time I went I paid £140 for a two-night stay in a single en-suite room, which I think is really good considering it's central location.

Poll
Should MenACWY vaccination be compulsory at uni?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.