Join TSR now to have your say on this topicSign up now

Cut waste in government Watch

• View Poll Results: How to cut spending to allow tax cuts for the poorest?
    Leave the EU
    25.00%
    Cut government non-jobs
    8.33%
    Cut Public sector pensions to private pensions equivalent
    8.33%
    Freeze all public sector pay over 40k
    0%
    Abolish/cut MP or public sector workers expenses f(or say travel etc..)
    0%
    Cut Welfare spending
    16.67%
    Cut money spent on prisoners (including cost of food ,tvs,cetc..)
    0%
    Stop paying more than the market-rate on contracts
    41.67%
    Prioritise UK firms for government contracts
    0%

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pol pot noodles)
    I'm being a twit for believing in principle? That says more about you really than anything else.
    No, I am not overreacting. A prisoner has extorted and held to ransom the justice system, and the justice system caved in. I don't care how little a KFC costs, they shouldn't ever ever under any circumstances be getting any. Now all the prisoners know that if you want anything, just threaten to self harm and the mugs that are the Prison Service will give it to you.
    called you a twit for saying ive never heard of principle not because you believe in them

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by yaboy)
    called you a twit for saying ive never heard of principle not because you believe in them
    Well when you shrug off three KFC meals for prisoners who effectively blackmailed the justice system as no big deal, I have to wonder if you have heard of principle, of if you have what principles you do have.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pol pot noodles)
    I read in the paper a few weeks ago about some prisoners that refused to eat canteen food and threatened to harm themselves unless they were given some KFC. Naturally, a prison officer was straight away sent on a twenty odd mile trip to go and get some. What kind of country are we living in, when prisoners can hold the justice system to ransom?
    Exactly- the prisoners should of been temporarily taken to high-security mental home if necessary

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by yaboy)
    So your just gonna let the guy die then, plus have you seen the food they are given in prison? its dog food basically.
    Well if they killed someone then they deserve dog food!

Poll
Should MenACWY vaccination be compulsory at uni?
General election 2017 on TSR
Register to vote

Registering to vote?

Check out our guide for everything you need to know

Manifesto snapshots

Manifesto Snapshots

All you need to know about the 2017 party manifestos

Party Leader questions

Party Leader Q&A

Ask political party leaders your questions

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.