The Student Room Group

Help with Summer Exam Sheet!

I don't understand my Summer Exam sheet which lists all the exams I'll have. There seems to be duplicates, but I don't know. For instance:

EDEXL/GCE GCE/B 6HI01D History 1 Option D
EDEXL/GCE GCE/B 6HI02C History 2 Option C
EDEXL/GCE GCE/ASB 8HI01 History

Why is there three exams? I'm resitting Unit 1 and doing Unit 2, what is the other one?

Then why does it list an English Language Unit (LG1) which is coursework, then do a separate one which is named "English Language AS Cash-in" surely that is the exact same thing?!
Reply 1
Original post by Mr Faust
I don't understand my Summer Exam sheet which lists all the exams I'll have. There seems to be duplicates, but I don't know. For instance:

EDEXL/GCE GCE/B 6HI01D History 1 Option D
EDEXL/GCE GCE/B 6HI02C History 2 Option C
EDEXL/GCE GCE/ASB 8HI01 History

Why is there three exams? I'm resitting Unit 1 and doing Unit 2, what is the other one?

Then why does it list an English Language Unit (LG1) which is coursework, then do a separate one which is named "English Language AS Cash-in" surely that is the exact same thing?!

You need to be entered for each exam you are taking.
Then for the examiner to combine your unit results and award you an AS or full A level qualification it has to be cashed-in. Cash in has to be requested by your exams officer. The extra 'entries' are the cash in codes that request you are awarded your ASs.
(edited 11 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest