The Student Room Group
Robotics at Plymouth University
University of Plymouth
Plymouth
Visit website

Life at Plymouth Uni

Hi I'm a student from Switzerland and I'm thinking about applying to Plymouth uni. Could anyone tell me about what it's like studying there? Ups and downs etc? And where to stay? Thanks! =)
Reply 1
Well, the city is beautiful, its a student city basically without the students the city would be totally empty. Lots of pubs and clubs around many student nights and parties. I think most of the rents are expensive but there are some opportunities to find a cheap room. Avoid agencies, if you gonna hear the name James just turn back and leave he is going to blow your money. The university has a good quality of facilities and buildings , its a modern university. its far away from london 3.45 hours by train and 5.30 hours with the bass. What are you going to study ?
Robotics at Plymouth University
University of Plymouth
Plymouth
Visit website
Reply 2
Original post by miror
Well, the city is beautiful, its a student city basically without the students the city would be totally empty. Lots of pubs and clubs around many student nights and parties. I think most of the rents are expensive but there are some opportunities to find a cheap room. Avoid agencies, if you gonna hear the name James just turn back and leave he is going to blow your money. The university has a good quality of facilities and buildings , its a modern university. its far away from london 3.45 hours by train and 5.30 hours with the bass. What are you going to study ?

Thanks for your answer! I'm planning on doing a Msc in marine biology hence the change of country (no sea here!). Are you studying at Plymouth? And do you perhaps know of any other universities I could have a look at in the UK (or elsewhere)?
Reply 3
I dont do marine biology but know many do, apparently it the best in the country for it, got a brand new building and well we are next to the sea. Plymouths great, expensive rents but cheap nightlife and lots of it. there's several student bars and clubs and nights, so you dont have to mix with the locals (thankfully)
Reply 4
Hiya, I am currently in Year 13 about to finish my 3 A levels which include Biology, Geography and Art. I am planning on maybe coming to Plymouth to carry out at BSc / MSc in marine biology / with ecology after having a gap year . Which is the best campus to stay in the first year in relation to the course? (E.g as close the the lecture theatres / marine station as possible.) I'm really struggling on finding information online about this.
Original post by finca012
Hiya, I am currently in Year 13 about to finish my 3 A levels which include Biology, Geography and Art. I am planning on maybe coming to Plymouth to carry out at BSc / MSc in marine biology / with ecology after having a gap year . Which is the best campus to stay in the first year in relation to the course? (E.g as close the the lecture theatres / marine station as possible.) I'm really struggling on finding information online about this.

Hi finca012,

Apologies for the late response. For a Marine degree, your best bet is main campus as the marine station is a short walk away on the Barbican :smile:

I hope this helps!

- Seren, University of Plymouth Student Rep

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending