Join TSR now and get answers to all your questions about uniSign up now

ReputationRep:
    Hi, I have an interview next week for Adult Nursing and I am majorly nervous. I have a group interview and an individual interview alongside a literacy and numeracy test.
    I have applied for university for the past 5 years and to start off with I didn't have everything the universities wanted - so I went away and did an access course in nursing and midwifery, retook my GCSE maths, volunteered at the hospital and within the community etc.
    For the past 2 years that I have applied it has been my nerves that have let me down. I really want to be accepted this year but seriously cannot seem to control my nerves, I know it sounds quite ridiculous that I'm so nervous but I can't control them at all. I would be grateful for any advice to help calm my nerves please!

ReputationRep:
    Go to your GP and explain your situation. You clearly don't lack aptitude, otherwise you wouldn't have passed your exams/courses. For the forthcoming interview you might need beta blockers, which help to damp down the nerves as a one-off. Beyond that, you might need CBT (although expect a long wait) to help you deal with the issue long-term.

ReputationRep:
    Thank you! I will definitely pop to the docs beforehand and see what thy can do

Posted from TSR Mobile

Poll
Which web browser do you use?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.