Join TSR now and get answers to all your questions about uniSign up now

ReputationRep:
    http://www.nokut.no/Documents/NOKUT/...nadsskjema.pdf

this is the application form but i dont have any degrees, but it says what is marked in red must be filled out! i want to apply for the bachelor in biology so of course i dont have a degree lol... anybody applied to norway from the uk can help me out please?

ReputationRep:
    i was reading into doing this earlier. Do we brits qualify for tuition fee exemption in Norway?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rock_climber86)
    i was reading into doing this earlier. Do we brits qualify for tuition fee exemption in Norway?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    yes because we are part of the EEA

ReputationRep:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    help? i dont have a degree but want to do the bachelor in biology so what am i supposed to fill in? and is the only way of applying posting it to them? as to phone would cost loads of money.

ReputationRep:
    this is ****ing awful how am i meant to apply? help?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by iamgreatness)
    help? i dont have a degree but want to do the bachelor in biology so what am i supposed to fill in? and is the only way of applying posting it to them? as to phone would cost loads of money.
    That form seems to be asking you to list your qualifications, so that the Norwegians can figure out how well qualified you are in terms of their own education system. It's not an application form for a course, just a request for info to show you are qualified to enrol for the course. I think the 'Certificate' box is section 3 is where you list your GCSE's, AS's and A2's. There is limited space, as I think the Norwegians (and most Europeans) do a Baccalaureate-type exam which is simpler to enter into a form. You'll need to list your exam results on a separate page.

Phoning Norway is not expensive, particularly if you sign up to a service like 1899.com, which will cost you 3p/minute to a landline. Many Norwegians speak good English, so you should be able to communicate OK. Good luck!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pastaferian)
    That form seems to be asking you to list your qualifications, so that the Norwegians can figure out how well qualified you are in terms of their own education system. It's not an application form for a course, just a request for info to show you are qualified to enrol for the course. I think the 'Certificate' box is section 3 is where you list your GCSE's, AS's and A2's. There is limited space, as I think the Norwegians (and most Europeans) do a Baccalaureate-type exam which is simpler to enter into a form. You'll need to list your exam results on a separate page.

Phoning Norway is not expensive, particularly if you sign up to a service like 1899.com, which will cost you 3p/minute to a landline. Many Norwegians speak good English, so you should be able to communicate OK. Good luck!
    for the 3p do i have to call them on a landline? and whats in it for them? and it says whats in red i have to fill in so for the degree stuff should i just put n/a? or do u think its best if i just phone the ****ers up?

ReputationRep:
    for the 3p do i have to call them on a landline? and whats in it for them? and it says whats in red i have to fill in so for the degree stuff should i just put n/a? or do u think its best if i just phone the ****ers up?
    Assuming that you don't have any qualifications beyond A2... yes, you should enter 'n/a' in section 2 or just cross it out.

But a phone call wouldn't hurt - the system is bound to be confusing. I didn't understand what you mean by "whats in it for them".

ReputationRep:
    Assuming that you don't have any qualifications beyond A2... yes, you should enter 'n/a' in section 2 or just cross it out.

But a phone call wouldn't hurt - the system is bound to be confusing. I didn't understand what you mean by "whats in it for them".
    y does 1899 make it cheaper how do they make their money

ReputationRep:
    y does 1899 make it cheaper how do they make their money
    They rent bandwidth in bulk - http://www.1899.com/faq.php?question=13
    My dad signed up because he calls Europe for work, and it's always cheaper than using BT, at least it is when calling landlines.

ReputationRep:
    My dad signed up because he calls Europe for work, and it's always cheaper than using BT, at least it is when calling landlines.
    safe fam

ReputationRep:
    does the university of nordland in norway look **** or do u think its alright

ReputationRep:
    does the university of nordland in norway look **** or do u think its alright
    Sorry, I have no idea

ReputationRep:
    Sorry, I have no idea
    well check for me

ReputationRep:
    just phone them, don't call them ****ers, and finally give skype a go. Chillout!

ReputationRep:
    That’s not an application to university form; it’s a form for recognition of foreign higher education.

ReputationRep:
    just phone them, don't call them ****ers, and finally give skype a go. Chillout!
    ill call them whatever the **** i want

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Isthmus)
    That’s not an application to university form; it’s a form for recognition of foreign higher education.
    wats that mean

ReputationRep:
    wats that mean
    I believe this is a form aimed at recognizing foreign higher education for people wanting to study in Norway, since not all foreign institutions are acknowledged by Norwegian universities. Maybe you should try to contact the university you want to apply to directly and ask how you should apply?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Isthmus)
    I believe this is a form aimed at recognizing foreign higher education for people wanting to study in Norway, since not all foreign institutions are acknowledged by Norwegian universities. Maybe you should try to contact the university you want to apply to directly and ask how you should apply?
    can u phone them for me it costs too much mjoney

Poll
Which Fantasy Franchise is the best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.