Join TSR now and get answers to all your questions about uniSign up now

ReputationRep:
    Hello, I'm a Portuguese guy and hopefully moving to London in September 2013.

I have a conditional offer from each, actually asking for the same criteria.
    I am currently stuck between choosing my firm placement between the same courses at the two different universities.

Business Management at: [University of Greenwich] OR [University of Westminster]

• I would like to know from anyone their opinion of which is a better university for the choice. According to the Guardian league tables, Greenwich is higher ranked than Westminster and in terms of Business Greenwich is also higher ranked despite having lower score on the career after 6 months…So I'm really confused !

• PROS and CONS (locations, job prospective, social life etc.)

• Let me know if there I will be able to find any PART-TIME JOB in the Greenwich area?? ( I know that finding a part time job in the Westminster area is much easier right ?)

Sooner or later money will be an issue…Unfortunately I don’t have rich parents. With this being said finding a part time job will be a must to pay my rent, food etc.

Thanks!

ReputationRep:
    Hello,
    I am currently finishing my first year at the university of westminster. I am 21 years old and I study UG Business management with HRM pathway. The university in general is very good. Good atmosphere, you can make friends easily, good facilities, new buildings, computers, good emails. They also make a career fair where companies come to the uni and meet students who want a part time job ,, and guess what .. i got a part time job from that a career fair of 2012.

If you are an independent learner (i.e. you have the potential to learn without continuous help), I believe the university of westminster and all other UK universities will be okay for you.

I will tell you this, when you come to the university of westminster, teachers will help you in almost everything for the first 3-4 months, but then you are on your own ... that includes all UK universities if I assume correctly.

Conclusion: the university of westminster is recommended by me.

Poll
If you won £30,000, which of these would you spend it on?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.