The Student Room Group

Critical Thinking?

Did/does anyone take AS Critical Thinking? If so, what do you honestly think of it?
I know that it's well respected by a number of unis, but it's a totally optional thing at my school that is taken during breaks/free periods/lunches/after school. I'm interested to see what it's all about but do you think that it'd be too much to juggle with 5 other subjects?
Original post by holly-with-an-ie
Did/does anyone take AS Critical Thinking? If so, what do you honestly think of it?
I know that it's well respected by a number of unis, but it's a totally optional thing at my school that is taken during breaks/free periods/lunches/after school. I'm interested to see what it's all about but do you think that it'd be too much to juggle with 5 other subjects?

Hi Hollie
Honestly, it's a load of rubbish. But it depends How many hours would you be spending on it per week? Because I only do it for an hour a week so it doesn't really affect my other subjects. Ad at the end of the day it IS another AS.
What sort of uni's are you looking at? Because as far as I'm aware very few uni's like critical thinking and many won't even consider it as part of your application (they just ignore it). However it is useful for entrance exams such as LNAT and BMAT etc. so if you are considering a course which requires one of these then go for it :smile:

Sorry that's a lot of waffle... If you have any more questions don't be afraid to ask :smile: just quote me x
Reply 2
hey,
its not hard, just a waste of time and its an extra two exams :/ I wouldnt have done it if Ihad a choice, btu if you want to go for it. It was alittle interesting though, I just had enough AS exams ( as we didnt do jan exams) and didnt want the burden of others.

If you're doing 5 other AS, dont bother at all. Alevel is harder work than people assume

Quick Reply

Latest