Turn on thread page Beta

Should I be doing something about this? watch

ReputationRep:
    Hi,

Earlier today, as I was downstairs playing a game, I suddenly felt this odd vibration of sorts in my right ear. I've always had intermittent tinnitus, and I've learnt to ignore the faint ringing that happens every so often (or I know how to stop it), but this was really bad. The closest I could describe it to would be machine gun fire, or at least something like BB pellets being shot at a really high speed.

I got quite scared as I've never had an issue with tinnitus this bad before. However, it stopped after about twenty seconds, and as far as I can tell my hearing in my right ear is as good as it always was, but I could definitely feel like my eardrum was suddenly vibrating. Yes, I know that that's how eardrums work... but I could feel the vibration more than I ever have done.

Should I be worried about this, or could it be that my intermittent tinnitus has just got worse and I'll have to live with it? Should I make an appointment with my GP?

No comments saying that going to a GP is the obvious thing to do and posting about it on TSR is stupid please, I'm not ignorant of the fact that someone who has had years of training and probably a lot of on-the-job experience is more qualified to answer this question than anyone on TSR (unless if they are a GP, of course).

Thank you!

ReputationRep:
    I usually get a ringing in my ear after being in a loud area eg. at a party or something. I have always thought this was normal but if yours is loud then i suggest the GP would be the best option.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 18, 2013
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
Do you want your parents to be with you when you collect your A-level results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.