Join TSR now for chat about life, relationships, fashion and more…Sign up now

Does anyone else get this.. miss people you will never see again Watch

ReputationRep:
    It never used to happen as a kid but when i grew up whenever I left places I felt really low to the point of crying and getting like a suffocating feeling when realising Id never see people again. I wouldnt care but im not even the needy type I dont have boyfriends/relationships etc and have to have my own company im an introvert. I left uni in January and felt the low feeling/was crying for days at the thought of the experience ending and that I will never get to do it again. Also the fact that id never see one of the tutors again who really helped me, although didnt really know me. I just admired her and think i'l never meet anyone like her again. Im not a teenager either im mid-late twenties. Most things im very apathatic about yet certain things can really affect me.

Anyone else like this? How do you cope with leaving places etc, do you find it very hard or is it just me?

ReputationRep:
    “Don't ever tell anybody anything. If you do, you start missing everybody.”
    J.D. Salinger, The Catcher in the Rye

ReputationRep:
    I completely understand where you are coming from. It can be really sad to think that people who were once an important part of your life will never be there for you again, whether because of something as simple as losing contact or as devastating as death.

Personally, I find it really strange and quite depressing to think of people who I dated, who for a brief time I was closer to than anybody in the world, who I now have no real relationship with.

ReputationRep:
    I would assume its homesickness and the fact you're missing them. Have you got their Facebook? Keep in contact helps.

My advice would be to keep your mind busy. Go occupy your mind, exercise, go to a few clubs and you'll soon start meeting new friends. You'll still miss your old friends, but you won't think about never seeing them again as often, you'll start thinking about all the memories and always remains proud of where you came from.

I'm pretty much dreading the end of the year, when all my flatmates will be graduating. This is the only year of uni I can truly say I've enjoyed, and it's because of them. I have no idea if we'll meet again but I know that I'll miss them a lot, particularly next year.

:cry2:
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Never missed anyone, but I have missed past times.

ReputationRep:
    I miss loads of people I will never see again

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by A_Howells)
    I would assume its homesickness and the fact you're missing them. Have you got their Facebook? Keep in contact helps.

My advice would be to keep your mind busy. Go occupy your mind, exercise, go to a few clubs and you'll soon start meeting new friends. You'll still miss your old friends, but you won't think about never seeing them again as often, you'll start thinking about all the memories and always remains proud of where you came from.
    No its not homesickness ive lived at home in the same house all my life so far, will move out at some point but ive not moved away to anywhere. The odd thing is I dont really have close friends Ive always struggled to make friends with being such an introvert. The people who I miss are often not really friends (teachers etc) they probably dont even like me lol. Though I do miss people I formed friendships with too.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Choristers)
    “Don't ever tell anybody anything. If you do, you start missing everybody.”
    J.D. Salinger, The Catcher in the Rye

why dont I dont get that...

Actually now i get it.

ReputationRep:
    The people I would miss wouldn't be the people I never see again.....unless they died. That would be terrible.

ReputationRep:
    you're not alone, I get that a lot- im generally very introverted too, and shy so I find it hard to express to people how much they really mean to me, but i am incredibly sentimental and find the thought of losing people I have been close to from my life just breaks my heart.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 18, 2013
Poll
Which pet is the best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.