Join TSR now for chat about life, relationships, fashion and more…Sign up now

Bf of 2 years doesn't see a future working with me but still wants to be with me Watch

So my boyfriend and I have been together for 2 years. He just told me he would love to be with me forever, but he doesn't see a future working out with me, for reasons such as our different parenting techniques and some other things which I personally don't think would be a huge issue. After talking it through with him and giving my side to each of his reasons, he still couldn't really explain in detail and said it was just a feeling. But after saying my bit, he said that he's now down from near 100% not thinking our future would work to 80%. He said that most of the time he feels he definitely wants a future with me when we're super happy, and the converse when we're having problems, so that this might just be the latter scenario.

He said he loves me, doesn't want us to break up and still wants to be with me, and that things could change us in the future. He's an amazing boyfriend, perfect in most ways and loving and attentive.

I don't know what I should do though. Part of me feels I shouldn't take him seriously and should carry on as normal because he might change his feelings (neither of us want to get married till another 5 years). I'm not sure what's the right thing to do though. Any help please?

ReputationRep:
    If you think you'll be fine staying with him, knowing there's a possibility he might break up with you after a while or that after two years he'll still end up feeling the same about your future, then sure stay with him. It sounds like he does want it to work out in the end, but do you want to wait in the hopes he changes his mind? If you don't want to 'waste time' in a sense, then leave.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 18, 2013
Poll
Should MenACWY vaccination be compulsory at uni?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.