Join TSR now and get answers to all your questions about uniSign up now

ReputationRep:
    I applied last year 2012/2013 for student finance and everything was ok. However, i didnt get into my chosen university because of my grades, so i didnt attend university. I want to reapply for 2013/2014 but my account still has 2012/2013 application,

Do i need to call student finance and inform them that i didnt take university place this year?, and also to delete my old 2012/2013 application so that I could start a new 2013/2014 application?

because when i start 2013/2014 application, i have the same personal and university information for my previous application and i'm slightly worried that student finance will still think i'm in university that i applied last year. thanks

ReputationRep:
    anyone know what should i do?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Deiidara)
    I applied last year 2012/2013 for student finance and everything was ok. However, i didnt get into my chosen university because of my grades, so i didnt attend university. I want to reapply for 2013/2014 but my account still has 2012/2013 application,

Do i need to call student finance and inform them that i didnt take university place this year?, and also to delete my old 2012/2013 application so that I could start a new 2013/2014 application?

because when i start 2013/2014 application, i have the same personal and university information for my previous application and i'm slightly worried that student finance will still think i'm in university that i applied last year. thanks
    When you didn't go to university last year you should have phoned student finance to inform them, and cancel your application for last year. You will need to call them to cancel it before you can make an application for 2013/2014, it'll take a couple of days for them to update your online application as they're quite busy at this time of year

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Knalchemist)
    When you didn't go to university last year you should have phoned student finance to inform them, and cancel your application for last year. You will need to call them to cancel it before you can make an application for 2013/2014, it'll take a couple of days for them to update your online application as they're quite busy at this time of year
    but i though they would know that i didnt attend university last year because i didnt get any university funds. oh well, i think i will call them tomorrow to cancel my last year app.

ReputationRep:
    I'm having this problem. I called them 3 weeks ago and they still haven't cancelled last years application. They said to wait a few more days and to reapply for 2013/14 using a paper application. I think filling a paper application as well as havig an online account will just confuse matters? If you find a solution please help me!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by haybo)
    I'm having this problem. I called them 3 weeks ago and they still haven't cancelled last years application. They said to wait a few more days and to reapply for 2013/14 using a paper application. I think filling a paper application as well as havig an online account will just confuse matters? If you find a solution please help me!!
    I called them today to cancel my last year app and the adviser said he will, but i forgot to ask how long does that take to update as they still havnt updated mine. I think i will wait for few more days before i call them again, or i will just fill paper application as deadline is in 2 months:eek:.

btw they told me to apply as a new student from my old account for 2013/2014, how do you do that?

Poll
Which Fantasy Franchise is the best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.