Join TSR now and get answers to all your questions about uniSign up now

ReputationRep:
    Recently i recieved a letter from student finance about my loans for second year.

The problem with this is, due to health issues i declined my place for first year in September. I vaguely remember being told that i only had to inform the university and then they would inform student finance.

However does this mean that although i never entered bank details into my application, that they have paid 9000 to the university? If they have will I have to pay this back despite never having gone in the first place?

I would ring them but i have no credit so have to wait until my bf is back from work to use his phone and im not a patient waiter :P

I will be very grateful for any response, thank you.
    • TSR Support Team
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    In order for your tuition fees to be paid, uni would have to confirm your attendance.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by OU Student)
    In order for your tuition fees to be paid, uni would have to confirm your attendance.
    Thank you

ReputationRep:
    I received the same letter, kunoichi. I declined my place because I want to study different subject. However, I was assured money was not paid to the university here on TSR. If your status says 'approved' or something then money were not paid. If it's 'paid', you are in trouble.

Poll
Which web browser do you use?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.