Join TSR now for chat about life, relationships, fashion and more…Sign up now

ReputationRep:
    What's your favourite past recipes!?

ReputationRep:
    Cook the pasta, stir into BBQ cooking sauce, chop in some chicken, bacon, chorizo, sausage and onion and bake for 15 mins. Take out, put some cheese on the top and grill the cheese until it's bubbly. Beautiful.

ReputationRep:
    Dolmio's microwave pasta http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CWJ2IEKo2a8 lol!
    But at £2 a pot, not really worth for how much pasta you get >_<

Don't think you can beat a good ol' tuna pasta dinner!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xoxAngel_Kxox)
    Cook the pasta, stir into BBQ cooking sauce, chop in some chicken, bacon, chorizo, sausage and onion and bake for 15 mins. Take out, put some cheese on the top and grill the cheese until it's bubbly. Beautiful.
    That sounds so nice!
    • PS Helper
    • Peer Support Volunteers

ReputationRep:
    Macaroni and cheese with broccoli and green beans with cheese on top baked in the oven so it's all bubbly :sogood: especially as I'm off pasta for lent

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RHCPfan)
    That sounds so nice!
    It is! Add a bit of garlic bread (preferably made with a fresh home made loaf cut into chunks straight after baking, with garlic butter spread on while it's still hot so it can melt) and it just completes the whole thing! .

ReputationRep:
    Other than the onion, that actually sounds amazing

TBH the nicest pasta dish I've had is my dad's home made spag bol
    Just cook some spaghetti, add on the sauce (cooked for long enough so it's not too moist), and the cover in lashings of parmesan cheese!
    If you've got a garlic baguette, remove the filling at the end piece, and fill with the sauce!

(ergh, now I'm just miserable I've run out of it, and can't have it until next week)

ReputationRep:
    I love carbonara, even though its so bad for you

ReputationRep:
    Going to try that at some point. Written it down so that I wont forget anything
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    Garlic, mushrooms, creme fraiche (or cream) and with parsley sauce. Top with parmesan.

ReputationRep:
    It is! Add a bit of garlic bread (preferably made with a fresh home made loaf cut into chunks straight after baking, with garlic butter spread on while it's still hot so it can melt) and it just completes the whole thing! .
    :coma: Have to try that one of these days.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by amyshamblesxx)
    I love carbonara, even though its so bad for you
    I had carbonara for tea well, it is called carbonara for a reason oh well, It tastes good...

ReputationRep:
    Vegetable pasta...so goooodd

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by staceykimb)
    Vegetable pasta...so goooodd
    Yes! Mediterranean vegetable pasta bake. Ahhhh :')

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Carbonara, made just just egg, cheese, pepper and bacon (definitely no garlic, onion or cream!). So good! I have occasionally made it with sausage too - breakfast on pasta!

Mac'n'cheese is great, but can get a bit samey.

I made a sausage and mushroom pasta bake this week. Squeeze sausages out of their skins and roll into meatballs. Fry until cooked. Fry mushrooms until cooked. Make a white sauce (I realised I had ran out of butter, so actually used just a teaspoon of the sausage fat - felt disgusting to do it, but it tasted amazing!), add a bit of cheese and seasoning (black pepper mainly). Mix into cooked pasta, along with mushrooms and sausage. Top with cheese. Grill until crispy. This was probably one of the best dinners I've made!

Lasagne. I'm allergic to tomatoes, I can make a 'bolognese' substitute but it doesn't taste great without the creamy sauce. Still good though, although despite trying and being able to make very good white sauces (that work for potato bakes) I've never succeeded with a lasagne so rely on dolmio.

Spagetti tossed in garlic and chilli oil, with prawns and sauteed strips of courgette. One of my favourite summer dishes. Also good is grated courgette fried, then mixed into pasta with green pesto. Or just the prawns, minus the courgette.

I once had half a chicken kiev leftover, so heated it in a pan so it re-crisps up, added some lemon juice, and stirred in cooked pasta with some spinach until wilted. Also very good.

A good tomato-free pasta salad is peppers and onions cooked down until very soft, with crumbled fried chorizo and a bit of chilli. Add cooked pasta to the frying pan, make sure its all coated, cool and fridge it. Best served at room temperature though cos otherwise its a bit solid.

Mushroom strogannoff. Soften onions, brown mushrooms, add paprika and a little chilli, stir in sour cream and heat gently, serve on top of pasta (or rice).

One of my favourite really quite lunches is to soften garlic in butter whilst the pasta is cooking, then toss together. Add some spinach and wilt if I've got it, and maybe some chill, but its good just like that.

Writing all this has made me so hungry...wish I have some decent food in the fridge but with one week til the end of term I'm not doing anymore food shopping!

ReputationRep:
    Cheesy Pesto Pasta.

ReputationRep:
    Put some prawns on the fryer, cook the pasta, slice'n'dice some ham and throw in with the prawns. Once the pasta is cooked, drain it and throw in with the prawns and ham, then put in a tablespoon dollop of Garlic and Herb cream cheese and mix it all in. Once mixed in, serve up! Cheap, simple and quick!

ReputationRep:
    Lobster linguini (which they serve at a nearby restaurant), pasta with scampi, chili and lime (own recipe). Basically pasta with seafood, when done well, is amazing.

I also have some recipes on my pinterest board. I will make the sicilian linguine with bottarga, pistache and lemon zest next!
    http://pinterest.com/abc90/small-dishes-main-courses/

ReputationRep:
    Fry onions, garlic, and pepper, then add in some chorizo sausage
    Add chopped tomatoes, with a small amount of sugar to balance acidity
    Add pepper (lots of salt in chorizo), chilli powder (or fresh chillis at the start), paprika, and miked herbs (oregano, basil..)
    Add Lea and Perrin's
    Simmer until it becomes a sauce and not a soup, and serve with pasta and parmesan cheese and garlic bread if you are being posh

Cheap, easy, and tastes awesome. Damn, I am hungry now!

ETA - for extra points throw some bacon in there. Tastes awesome.

ReputationRep:
    carbonara :coma:

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 9, 2013
Poll
Which Fantasy Franchise is the best?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.