The Student Room Group
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry

Warwick Firmers

Hello everyone. I'm a current Warwick student being nosey about who's coming next year :biggrin:

I noticed there's not a Warwick Firmers thread yet (unless I'm not looking properly, in which case delete this and give me a hard poke) so here is one.

Warwick course you're firming -
Grades you need -
Where you're picking as Insurance -
Comments -

Scroll to see replies

Warwick course you're firming - English Literature
Grades you need - A in History or Classics
Where you're picking as Insurance - York, though they ask for the same grade :colondollar:
Comments - Really really pleased! Missed my firm and insurance for last year (Law) by 2 UMS because my college messed up the A2 History coursework :frown:. I decided to complicate matters this year by applying for a different subject; I'm really happy with Warwick because it's so tough when you're a re-take student :redface:
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry
Warwick course you're firming - MMORSE
Grades you need - A*AA (already got the A*, need an A in FM and Physics now!)
Where you're picking as Insurance - Durham, reduced offer of AAB for straight MMaths, really chuffed about the position I'm in
Comments - Warwick and MMORSE are the university and course of my dreams basically, and I'd need to really cock up to not meet my grades - I need 61% in my summer Physics exam to get an A!
Reply 3
Hi everyone, first post on here :smile:

Warwick course you're firming - Film and Literature
Grades you need - AAB (with A in Film or Literature)
Where you're picking as Insurance - Either Exeter or Kent
Comments - Feeling pretty optimistic! The interview for Warwick went very well, and the campus looks good with great facilities! Looking forward to getting away, but a bit nervous in terms of meeting new people and making friends. If I keep up the grades I've got at the moment, I should be fine! :biggrin:
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 4
Warwick course you're firming - History
Grades you need - AAA, including History
Where you're picking as Insurance - Southampton who need AAB
Comments - I'm pretty excited with my offer, I never though I would get one! Warwick has always been my aim as I'll get to spend a term in Venice in my third year!! Can't wait to start after my gap year! :biggrin:
Warwick course you're firming - Mathematics
Grades you need - A*A*A2 or A*AA1, with the 1 or 2 in STEP

Where you're picking as Insurance - Sheffield, UEA, or Bath. Probably Sheffield though, but can't make up my mind!
Comments - I know it is a real long shot, but I hope I see you guys at Warwick next year! :biggrin:
Reply 6
Warwick course you're firming - Maths with Physics
Grades you need - A*AA
Where you're picking as Insurance - Bristol
Comments - Wooo Warwick :smile:
Warwick course you're firming - Maths and Physics
Grades you need - A*AA (A* in maths or further maths)
Where you're picking as Insurance - Mathematical Physics at Nottingham
Comments - The course looks like really good fun!

Original post by uniphysics
Warwick course you're firming - Maths with Physics
Grades you need - A*AA
Where you're picking as Insurance - Bristol
Comments - Wooo Warwick :smile:

woo another Maths and Physics firmer!
Grades you need - A*A*A + 2 in STEP/Distinction in AEA or A*AA + 1 in STEP
Where you're picking as Insurance - Kings College London
Comments - I really hope I get in - it looks like such a nice place to be :smile:. Although I have no idea how I am going to manage to meet the STEP/ AEA requirement :s-smilie:.
Original post by brittanna
Grades you need - A*A*A + 2 in STEP/Distinction in AEA or A*AA + 1 in STEP
Where you're picking as Insurance - Kings College London
Comments - I really hope I get in - it looks like such a nice place to be :smile:. Although I have no idea how I am going to manage to meet the STEP/ AEA requirement :s-smilie:.

My worries exactly. But I am also worrying about my Computing too :biggrin:.

I am way too lazy to be doing STEP/AEA, I'll never be able to do it
Warwick course you're firming - Mathematics (G103)
Grades you need - None (already achieved A*A*A 2)
Where you're picking as Insurance - Nowhere, Warwick is where I belong :colone:
Comments - Getting into Warwick is a dream come true. I absolutely loved it when I went to the open day, and the course looks amazing!! I would've been very disappointed if I went to a different uni. So bring it :colone:
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by Kurak
My worries exactly. But I am also worrying about my Computing too :biggrin:.

I am way too lazy to be doing STEP/AEA, I'll never be able to do it

I'm just really hoping i'll be able to get it on AEA. I'm really not getting my hopes up or STEP :tongue:.
Original post by mattwills18
Warwick course you're firming - History
Grades you need - AAA, including History
Where you're picking as Insurance - Southampton who need AAB
Comments - I'm pretty excited with my offer, I never though I would get one! Warwick has always been my aim as I'll get to spend a term in Venice in my third year!! Can't wait to start after my gap year! :biggrin:

Congrats dude, may I ask what your GCSEs were?

I might apply for Ancient History (AABc) for Warwick, but my GCSE's were only 3.5 A's and 6.5 B's
Reply 13
Warwick course you're firming - History :biggrin:
Grades you need - AAAc (already have the c in Law)
Where you're picking as Insurance - York, even though they're offering AAA!
Comments - So excited. Term in Venice, learning another language, can't wait. I adore history.
Original post by brittanna
I'm just really hoping i'll be able to get it on AEA. I'm really not getting my hopes up or STEP :tongue:.

I actually find STEP a lot easier, but I am weird like that :biggrin:
Original post by JediArron
Congrats dude, may I ask what your GCSEs were?

I might apply for Ancient History (AABc) for Warwick, but my GCSE's were only 3.5 A's and 6.5 B's

Thanks! I got 1 A*, 8 A's and 2 B's. I think you'll be fine, they mainly look at your AS results, predicted grades for A2 and your personal statement so just make sure that they're all good!
Original post by mattwills18
Thanks! I got 1 A*, 8 A's and 2 B's. I think you'll be fine, they mainly look at your AS results, predicted grades for A2 and your personal statement so just make sure that they're all good!

This thread makes me glad I applied at Warwick, because for Mathematics they just give out a standard offer based on predicted grades really.

I got 1 A, a couple Bs and like 4 Cs :biggrin:
Reply 17
Warwick course you're firming - Law with study abroad in English
Grades you need - AAAc
Where you're picking as Insurance - Exeter or Sussex
Comments - So excited!!! love the course , love the university , love the people. Warwick is perfect and cannot wait lol
Reply 18
Warwick course you're firming - International Management
Grades you need - AAA
Where you're picking as Insurance - UCL
Comments - Love Warwick, wanted to go there since I was 16. Absolutely love the course, can't wait...bring it!
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by jamesisenglish
Warwick course you're firming - MMORSE
Grades you need - A*AA (already got the A*, need an A in FM and Physics now!)
Where you're picking as Insurance - Durham, reduced offer of AAB for straight MMaths, really chuffed about the position I'm in
Comments - Warwick and MMORSE are the university and course of my dreams basically, and I'd need to really cock up to not meet my grades - I need 61% in my summer Physics exam to get an A!

I am firming MMORSE as well hopefully I'll see u in September :biggrin:

Quick Reply