Join TSR now and get all your revision questions answeredSign up now

ReputationRep:
    Hi guys do you think doing the past papers for the exam AS Econimics in may will help me or i should do a little bit more? Also i failed my JAnuary exam do you think by doing the past papers now, will help me and achieve a B in my Economics? If not do you have any ideas what i should revise + my teacher hates me so she does not even bother helping my, i guess i have to do self study

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sutram)
    Hi guys do you think doing the past papers for the exam AS Econimics in may will help me or i should do a little bit more? Also i failed my JAnuary exam do you think by doing the past papers now, will help me and achieve a B in my Economics? If not do you have any ideas what i should revise + my teacher hates me so she does not even bother helping my, i guess i have to do self study
    Which exam board do you use? I'd suggest going over the theory first before attempting past papers. Go through the textbook, any notes etc. and make your own notes to revise. Then, when you feel more confident, do some of the past papers and mark them harshly. This way you'll see what the examiners are really looking for to give you the marks and how you can improve. I'd suggest revising early too (but not too early). It can work - I went from an AS level D in Unit 1 to getting 95% in Unit 1 with a resit. But it sounds like you need a bit more knowledge of the theory before you attempt past papers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sutram)
    Before you do past papers:

1) Know the content
    2) Know the content
    3) Know the content

4) Do a past paper, mark it (or get it marked), work on your weak points and then absolutely analyse and break down the mark scheme.

The way you answer questions for Economics (AQA, anyway) follows a VERY repetitive structure, just make sure you know how to answer them.

Poll
Which web browser do you use?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.