Join TSR now and chat with students like youSign up now

How long can you hold your breath? Watch

ReputationRep:
    Let us take our breaths away ...

Basically the title explains the thread, how long can you hold your breath for

(Note to everyone - don't kill yourselves attempting this thread!)

ReputationRep:
    I'll start us off, I managed 16 seconds and then needed to sneeze (appalling I know)

70 seconds. I'm all light headed now.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Only like 20 seconds, 30 if I'm lucky. Ever since I got pneumonia last year, its been even harder to hold my breath which is a pain especially when swimming >

ReputationRep:
    I've been doing 'chesty breathing' for years (think it relates to a dorsal defect and sports addiction); anyway, I've been training myself to do diaphragmatic breathing recently and realised that I've had 'dead air' in the bottom of my lungs because of my shoddy breathing technique

Was previously unable to hold my breath for much beyond a minute at best but having fully exhaled (tensing stomach/diaphragm to squeeze out all that dead air then inhailing long and deep) managed to hold it for 2:30 t'other day in the bath ..yes I know how to have a good time in the tub, haha

ReputationRep:
    Congratulations to all you lot! Seems like everyone else obviously ​died trying

ReputationRep:
    Thought I'd have another go in the tub last night, hit 2:30 on my first attempt, then did some holding it + some deep breathing, then tried again and hit 3:05!

Poll
Should MenACWY vaccination be compulsory at uni?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.