Join TSR now and get answers to all your questions about uniSign up now

ReputationRep:
    Hi guys i was wondering if anyone could help me out, basically i've been that stupid and left my dissertation to the last minute and i am freaking out!

Basically my question is: Is punk rock dead? Is it a generational thing?

Can anyone give me advice as to what methodology I could use for this, i'm thinking focus groups and possibly interviews.

Cheers

ReputationRep:
    Questionnaires I'd say. Getting tons of people to answer might be awkward but since you're on about generations I'd probably think of a few questions relating to what they think of Punk rock (define it clearly too), do they listen to it, how many bands of the genre can they name etc?

Try separating age groups like 16-24, 25-35, 36-45. Something like that?

When is it due in?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by joey11223)
    Questionnaires I'd say. Getting tons of people to answer might be awkward but since you're on about generations I'd probably think of a few questions relating to what they think of Punk rock (define it clearly too), do they listen to it, how many bands of the genre can they name etc?

When is it due in?
    If you do a questionnaire, don't forget those older than the above categories. Punk started in the 1970's so anyone at university at the time, for example, will be in their 50's now!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by joey11223)

When is it due in?
    Thanks for the reply I appreciate it. It's due in at the end of the month.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by E_Mairead)
    Thanks for the reply I appreciate it. It's due in at the end of the month.
    Ah okay, mines due in a week on Friday. The more I look at what I've written the more I think it's a load of crap, but I don't care now it's getting handed in next week!

ReputationRep:
    Ha I can't say I blame you :P, i've made so many notes but typing them up is not going well lol

Poll
Should MenACWY vaccination be compulsory at uni?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.