Join TSR now and get all your revision questions answeredSign up now

ReputationRep:
    I thought that one of the boxes was test harness.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Leemski)
    Hi guys. Just trying to think about the questions we had earlier. Got 8/9... Anyone remember the missing one? I'm aware they're in a random order....

1 - give the disadvantages of an organisation using emerging technologies as the main factor within its ict strategy
    2 - compare the two changeover methods and give the most suitable for redfield
    3 - how can redfield football club make use of: a CRM system and social networking
    4 - testing table - test harnesses, volume testing, multi platform and the missing one
    5 - discuss what redfield football club should do to maintain the privacy and security of their customer data.
    6 - large organisations must be prepared for a disaster. Discuss what the organisation should consider to prepare for a disaster.
    7 - discuss the benefits of an organisation using an outsourcing company rather than it's internal ict department
    8 - some other question!
    9 - By 2015 broadband speeds are expected to be several times faster than current broadband speeds. Discuss the impact of these faster broadband speeds on the individual, organisations and Society.

Thanks guys.
    Hi do you remember the marks for each question?

ReputationRep:
    First half was ok.. Second half was crap! Didn't know the testing strategies, didn't even revise that... :/

ReputationRep:
    1 - give the disadvantages of an organisation using emerging technologies as the main factor within its ict strategy (4)
    2 - discuss what redfield football club should do to maintain the privacy and security of their customer data. (12)
    3 - how can redfield football club make use of: a CRM system and social networking (15)
    4 - compare the two changeover methods and give the most suitable for redfield (8)
    5 - testing table - test harnesses, volume testing, multi platform and the missing one (4)
    6 - large organisations must be prepared for a disaster. Discuss what the organisation should consider to prepare for a disaster. (15)
    7 - discuss the benefits of an organisation using an outsourcing company rather than it's internal ict department in terms of cost/flexibility/management (13)
    8 - some other question!
    9 - By 2015 broadband speeds are expected to be several times faster than current broadband speeds. Discuss the impact of these faster broadband speeds on the individual, organisations and Society. (20)

Those were the marks available

ReputationRep:
    Yeah INFO 3 was okay, in all honesty I prefered the pre release questions to section B. I think I completely messed up the testing strategies question... and i really don't like back up and recovery hahaa. What did everyone put for the first question?

ReputationRep:
    For the testing question, I done alpha, beta, black box testing and unit testing. Also on Question 9 I mentioned the benefits that would arise from faster broadbands , but focused more on disadvantages such as overdependence on IT and society could lose core human values e.g. Studies have found out in cases on incident people have become passive opting to record and post the incident on the net instead of assisting the injured.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by corinne_lav)
    Yeah INFO 3 was okay, in all honesty I prefered the pre release questions to section B. I think I completely messed up the testing strategies question... and i really don't like back up and recovery hahaa. What did everyone put for the first question?
    That these technologies would have many bugs and unidentified problems and may not be functional as first thought. Causing updates to be released? Therefore costing the business to reinvest into future models?

ReputationRep:
    yeah i think i put something like that too, lets hope its right, i think i put something about network security aswell. How did you find the other pre release questions?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Exam12)
    For the testing question, I done alpha, beta, black box testing and unit testing. Also on Question 9 I mentioned the benefits that would arise from faster broadbands , but focused more on disadvantages such as overdependence on IT and society could lose core human values e.g. Studies have found out in cases on incident people have become passive opting to record and post the incident on the net instead of assisting the injured.
    Yeah i completely messed that up, i put functional testing i remember for one of them then saw that it was an example of black box testing... dunno whether i would still get the mark. Ahhh i seee, yeah that all sounds on the right lines, i can't really remember what i put for question 9, it will come back to me though lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by minaaz2)
    Heyy! how did you find that? I thought it was a decent paper. Just about finished on the dot. What kind of stuff did you put for the last question?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Heyy yeah i thought it was okay, ah thats good, yeh i managed to answer everything too. I started saying about there will be better communication in regards to individuals trying to contact people abroad, as there will be faster internet acess, easier and faster to download music/films, organisations will be able to market themselves more efficiently and globally, urm yeh stuff like that really, dont know if its right though hahaa, what about you?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bobby Greenberg III)
    1 - give the disadvantages of an organisation using emerging technologies as the main factor within its ict strategy (4)
    2 - discuss what redfield football club should do to maintain the privacy and security of their customer data. (12)
    3 - how can redfield football club make use of: a CRM system and social networking (15)
    4 - compare the two changeover methods and give the most suitable for redfield (8)
    5 - testing table - test harnesses, volume testing, multi platform and the missing one (4)
    6 - large organisations must be prepared for a disaster. Discuss what the organisation should consider to prepare for a disaster. (15)
    7 - discuss the benefits of an organisation using an outsourcing company rather than it's internal ict department in terms of cost/flexibility/management (13)
    8 - some other question!
    9 - By 2015 broadband speeds are expected to be several times faster than current broadband speeds. Discuss the impact of these faster broadband speeds on the individual, organisations and Society. (20)

Question 5 was about Ecommerce benefits to individuals and society

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bobby Greenberg III)
    8 - some other question!

Hy just wondering if the ordering is right because I swear The changeover question was asked before CRM system question and you forgot about the online purchasing question do you know how many marks that question was?

ReputationRep:
    Heyy yeah i thought it was okay, ah thats good, yeh i managed to answer everything too. I started saying about there will be better communication in regards to individuals trying to contact people abroad, as there will be faster internet acess, easier and faster to download music/films, organisations will be able to market themselves more efficiently and globally, urm yeh stuff like that really, dont know if its right though hahaa, what about you?
    Hey I basically talked about the advantages of it all, I talked about how faster speed broadband will lead organisations to using icloud etc. You can download movies and do online streaming etc. I thought it werent to bad and everything came up that I thoroughly revised. How about you? I hope it's all right otherwise I'll cry hahah, proper want to finish and go to uni in September.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Hey I basically talked about the advantages of it all, I talked about how faster speed broadband will lead organisations to using icloud etc. You can download movies and do online streaming etc. I thought it werent to bad and everything came up that I thoroughly revised. How about you? I hope it's all right otherwise I'll cry hahah, proper want to finish and go to uni in September.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Yeah same here, most of it i just discussed the advantages too xD yeh i felt it wasnt too bad either could of been worse. How did you find the pre release questions? Same so hope it goes okay just need a C overall in this tbh. Yeah so wanna get to uni in September too! Where you thinking of going?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    ]NO WAY?! That's exactly all the stuff I wrote. Especially the mention of the I cloud and how organisations tend to use on that these days alot. Also I mentioned things such as faster broadband speed will lead to upload and downloading of movies. I dunno if we're on the same lines or was the answer relating to something more complex.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Haha thats cool, writing all that stuff seemed reasonable at the time. it just came out as i carried on writing. Good to know someone shares my thinking a little.
    Though im pretty sure we have different overall answer but perhaps used the same basics.

Goodluck for results man

ReputationRep:
    Think I messed up this paper a little, some of the questions went okay but I hated the last question, I need like 112 UMS for my A overall and I don't think I've done it! Good luck with all of yours though!

ReputationRep:
    Yeah same here, most of it i just discussed the advantages too xD yeh i felt it wasnt too bad either could of been worse. How did you find the pre release questions? Same so hope it goes okay just need a C overall in this tbh. Yeah so wanna get to uni in September too! Where you thinking of going?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I thought the pre release questions where fair to be honest. Before going into the exam I was kind of expecting it to be hard, dont know why. :lolwut: I'm thinking of going to uni of Sunderland, wbu?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by madkyoshi)

Haha thats cool, writing all that stuff seemed reasonable at the time. it just came out as i carried on writing. Good to know someone shares my thinking a little.
    Though im pretty sure we have different overall answer but perhaps used the same basics.

Goodluck for results man
    I'm just glad people wrote similar stuff otherwise id have really started panicking if they were discussing a different answer on here. The vibe on here seems to be that generally everyone put things similar to each other. Has to be a good sign right? and good luck to you as well!!!!

ReputationRep:
    I thought the pre release questions where fair to be honest. Before going into the exam I was kind of expecting it to be hard, dont know why. :lolwut: I'm thinking of going to uni of Sunderland, wbu?
    Yeah same i thought they were reasonable aswell. Im glad the changeover methods came up haha. Same i thought they would be hard too, cos the pre release seemed so wordy lol. Ah awesome what you planning on studying. And im thinking of going to the university of portsmouth to study journalism and media studies

ReputationRep:
    I definitely put, Volume testing, Harness testing, Multi-platform and Regression testing. I panicked so much because I'd revised all the testing so much and then froze on the question but I think I got them right

Also, on the recovery question aren't those steps (Estimate situation, evaluate....) for partial failure? I wrote the steps including, identify facilities, available s/hardware, training staff etc..do you think I would still get marks for this? I thought of those 5 steps but decided not to go that direction, and was also panicking because I had half hour left and still had the 20marker :/
    I need 101 UMS on this to get an A and get into Newcastle :/ just hope I did enough!

Poll
If you won £30,000, which of these would you spend it on?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.