Join TSR now and get answers to all your questions about uniSign up now

ReputationRep:
    Ok, so this year, almost EVERYONE I know wants to either go to northumbria or Newcastle. WHY? Heres why.....because they want to party and get **** faced like the guys on Geordie shore. Fair enough if that's what you're going for, but what makes it so great?
    Most of the people going haven't even looked at their course content. They are litrally just going for the night life. It is actually really getting to me now. I haven't applied there myself. But my point is, something like this year Northumbria have had up to 40% more applications. And they think it's because of Geordie Shore. GRRRRR Why would you go to uni for that?! What's also really sad, is that they will be really over subcribed now. So loads of people won't get in. Ha.

Go somewhere better. I am. Peace out.

*I meant Geordie Shore*

ReputationRep:
    Applications are still down for most courses at Northumbria. I know loads of applicants chose it because of the night life before Geordie shore happened.

It's not all like Geordie shore anyways, though I despise the effect it's had on the city, most places are still a cracking place to go get drunk.

Get off your high horse.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hollymayy)
    Ok, so this year, almost EVERYONE I know wants to either go to northumbria or Newcastle. WHY? Heres why.....because they want to party and get **** faced like the guys on Geordie shore. Fair enough if that's what you're going for, but what makes it so great?
    Most of the people going haven't even looked at their course content. They are litrally just going for the night life. It is actually really getting to me now. I haven't applied there myself. But my point is, something like this year Northumbria have had up to 40% more applications. And they think it's because of Geordie Shore. GRRRRR Why would you go to uni for that?! What's also really sad, is that they will be really over subcribed now. So loads of people won't get in. Ha.

*I meant Geordie Shore*
    I disagree with you. Yes, there are bound to be people going for the night-life and why not? Newcastle's night-life is notoriously known to be fantastic but you have to take into consideration that people have applied to Newcastle + Northumbria based on the courses they have applied for, the social scene is just an added bonus to a good amount of people. I'm hopefully going to Northumbria to study a course that I am generally interested in but I wouldn't say that I am just going there to be apart of the night-life and have a life like those off Geordie Shore, of course not. Yes the social life there is great but I want to obtain a degree at the same time.

You shouldn't generalize everybody like that at all, it is extremely narrow minded!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Crow93)
    Applications are still down for most courses at Northumbria. I know loads of applicants chose it because of the night life before Geordie shore happened.

It's not all like Geordie shore anyways, though I despise the effect it's had on the city, most places are still a cracking place to go get drunk.

Get off your high horse.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Applications still down?
    Assuming the likes of law are sky high though?

ReputationRep:
    Actually I'm going to Northumbria because they have one of the best courses for what I want to do..! And I can say the same for everyone else I know who is going! Don't generalise and say "go somewhere better" when actually it's a very good place to go. You come across as very arrogant.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hollymayy)

*I meant Geordie Shore*
    The stupidity and arrogance of this post is laughable.

ReputationRep:
    If Newcastle really is like Geordie Shore, I'll have to start working on my six pack. Geordie girls won't give me the time of day otherwise. :sad:

Seriously, though... I live in north east England and often visit Newcastle and the few times that I've heard Geordie Shore mentioned around here, it's usually been mentioned with derision. For that reason, I doubt that much of Newcastle really is like Geordie Shore.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: June 28, 2013
Poll
Should MenACWY vaccination be compulsory at uni?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.