Join TSR now and get answers to all your questions about uniSign up now

ReputationRep:
    Hi
    I have just finished my application and have noticed that student finance take into account the household income of the previous financial year.
    However I have read that it is possible to request a current year income form, if income has dropped below a certain percentage, but this cannot be done until April.
    I would just like to know if there is any point in sending off my declaration form if I am waiting for the current income form to come out or should I still send it?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Official TSR Representative

ReputationRep:
    Hi Amber,

As you've mentioned the Current Year Income forms will become available in April once the new tax year has started. To be reassessed on the 13/14 income information your household income will need to have decreased by at least 15% from the 11/12 tax year.

You should definitely send back your declaration form back to us. By signing and returning this to us you are only confirming that you accept the terms and conditions of the loan part of your student finance.

Hope this helps!
    Mark-Lee

ReputationRep:
    Thanks a lot Mark!
    Also does the declaration form get sent in the post or is it something I have to print off? And same with the current income form will I have to print this off? Or fill it in online?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Official TSR Representative

ReputationRep:
    Hi again Amber,

Sorry for the delay in getting back to you on this!

The declaration will be sent to you along with your initial entitlement letter. Once this has been created you can wait for it to arrive in the post of you can print off a copy from your online account by going to My Account then View Correspondence.

The Current Year Income form is paper form and you'll be able to print it our from online once it's available later in April.

Thanks,
    Mark-Lee

ReputationRep:
    Thanks a lot Mark I received the declaration form and have sent it off . I shall now await the current income form.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Poll
Which web browser do you use?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.