The Student Room Group

Advice please? :)

So I met this guy during a university interview a few months ago. He was a senior studying there and he was a student helper for a different course than the course I applied for. During my first day, I was really lost and I had to ask people for directions. Maybe it was just a coincidence but he was always there when I was lost. In fact, before I even managed to ask him, he came to me asking whether I'm okay. He even jogged backwards just to ask that question as we were walking in opposite directions. He was really nice, he walked me to the place that I wanted to go and we talked as we walk. It was just casual chat about the country I'm from (I'm an international student) and his experience during his vacation in my country.

Then during lunch, while I was talking to another interviewee, he came in. He saw me and he sat right next to me although he had friends in another table. So we introduced ourselves and talked about our hobbies and courses. He also told me to ask him if I needed any assistance during my stay for the interview. I asked him how do I get access to the university's wi-fi and he went to ask the student helper leader for me before he even finishes his meal. He also told me that he'll see me around.

Anyway, on my second day, I needed directions again for my interview. I met him in the common room and he gave me directions again. After my interview, I felt really sad because I didn't do well in the interview. On my way back to my room, I saw him again and he asked me whether I'm alright. He seemed busy as a student helper so I told him that I was fine then walked away. That was the last time I saw him.

I didn't meet him on my third and fourth day of stay because he was student helper for another course and the interview for that course ended on my second day.

I don't believe in love at first sight but when I met him on my first day, I have this weird feeling that he is the one. I know, it sounds unrealistic, I still doubt myself but that's how I feel. I didn't want things to end this way so I searched for him on facebook and added him. After a few days, he accepted my friend request :smile:

Then I messaged him to confirm that it was him and expressed my gratitude for his help. He replied and our conversation continued for a few weeks until he stopped replying one of my messages. Since he didn't reply, I didn't send any new message to him because I don't want to risk being creepy.

Soon, I received the decision regarding my university application. I was rejected. I was devastated and I still can't get over it. I am also sad that we probably won't have any connections anymore now that I won't be joining him in that university. After a month, I finally summoned the courage to tell him about my rejection because he told me to let him know how uni applications go. He replied me saying that he was sorry that I wasn't offered a place but he is sure that I'll have a good time in another university.

The problem now is, I haven't replied his message even though it has been a month. I don't know whether he is just replying me because he is being nice or he is also interested in me. If he is interested in me, why didn't he reply my previous message? If he is not interested in me, I don't want to take advantage of his kindness and bother him. My friends tell me that I should reply him. I want to, but I don't know what should I reply him. Please advise? :/ Thank you! I'm sorry that this is such a long story.
Student helper clue is in the title?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending